Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Chargers @ Seahawks)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It's beginning to smell like 2012. A legitimate, pounding, impose-your-will running game...Russell has play action working effectively due to the success of the running game, the LOB-less, upstart young defense are a pleasant surprise...There is still plenty of work to do and experience to gather but even the national media collective are beginning to take note. How can you not? The Seahawks look like LEGIT contenders for a wildcard and currently hold the second wildcard spot. This is the stretch of games that will really tell the story of the 2018 Seahawks. The Chargers come to town and Philip Rivers is always a pain in our ass and that may not change on Sunday.

But the way this team is playing and believing right now? Hell no am I picking against the Seahawks at home right now.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Chargers 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-0

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Phillip Rivers is a dink and dunk QB. Dink and dunk QBs that can occasionally throw it deep is kryptonite to Pete's defense. The Quarterbacks who have success against us are either mobile Qbs with some accuracy (Deshaun Watson) OR, they're patient Qbs that will try to sustain drives.

That said, with KJ Wright back to sure up the run defense, and a solid secondary, we should be able to hold them under 30.

My prediction - 31-27.

Chargers offense finds a way to make plays, Rivers turns over the ball at some point. Our running game punishes them up front. Schotty calls more run options for Russ, keeping the defense honest. Russ ends up passing for over 300 yards because the Chargers defense is adamant about "containing Russ and stopping the run." Put an extra man in the box and we shred them

My record so far: 5-2
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Should be a hell of a game. Nice and tight the first half, with the Hawks running game wearing the Charges down in the late 3rd quarter in to the 4th. Carson with another 100 yard game, Russ w/2 TD Passes.
    Defense forces 2 turnovers (1 fumble recovery, 1 pick) but plays the bend don't break thing so Rivers' numbers are a little inflated.

Hawks hold them off 27-20
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• We are due for an overtime game.
    30-27 Seahawks in OT.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Chargers - 27
    Seattle - 21

San Diego uses the TE position to beat us again
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• They had a cake schedule, coming in to the 12's.........

Record 4-3.

Chargers 9
    Seahawks 41
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• It won’t be close. We’re going to clean up some plays from the Lions game. Comfortable win for us.

31-17 Swahawks 8)
    4-3
    doso
    NET Bench Warmer

• I believe we really make a mark with this game and at 1/2 through the season, stand at 5-3 with 3 straight convincing wins.

Hawks 34
    LAC 16
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Starter

• Seahawks: 27
    Chargers: 24

*Keenan Allen still gets me 9 catches for 93 yards and a TD in my PPR League.
    *Lockett gets me 5 catches for 115 yards and a TD
    *Chris Carson gets me 90 rushing, 35 receving, 2 total TDs
    *RW gets me 270 yards passing, 24 rushing and 3 passing TDs (no ints)
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawks 31-27
    BeaHUman
    NET Practice Squad

• My MIGHTY Seahawk 17
    Bolts 15
    Cheers
    Last edited by Chawker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS XLVIII 43-8

Better to have a bottle in front of me,then a frontly lobotmy.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• I think we might go off on them. It’s very much like 2012. Of course it should be close either way. We’re due to go off. 31-17.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• Love seeing the optimism in here. Every one of the Chargers wins is against a team below .500. Their best win is against a Titans team coming off a loss to the Bills and a shutout loss to the Ravens, they beat the Titans 20-19 in a game where the Titans decided to go for 2 instead of kicking a field goal and heading to overtime.

I don't think the Chargers are a better team than the Seahawks. Seahawks win 27-17.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Additional game factors:

First home game in basically a month.
    First home game after Paul Allen's death.
    First game after Patera's death.

The fans should be absolutely rabid.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• I think it'll be a close one.

14-10 with a RW 4Q comeback.

I'm also expecting Fant to catch a TD pass.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Very good point on the home factors, it really has been a long time since we played a home game. And emotion of losing Paul and Jack can really be a factor. You see it in sports all the time.
    Looking forward to Monday morning when all the Debbie's vanish after a win again :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• pittpnthrs wrote:Chargers - 27
    Seattle - 21

San Diego uses the TE position to beat us again

What TE? They didn't even want Gates but were forced to bring him back when Gate's replacement got hurt and out for the year. Its their receivers that are loaded.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• This will be a tough week, but at home I give the edge to a very motivated and hungry Hawks team. Haven't been able to describe them as that for a couple seasons!

Seahawks 24
    Chargers 23

My Record to Date: 6-1
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• 12 catches for 123 yards and ONE Touchdown on the season. Yeah, he's gonna' just shred one of the best scoring Defenses in the league, playing at home. :?
    I'd bet you a six pack of your favorite beer, but you'd probably go the full Sherman and say it never happened :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawks 31

Chargers 23
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• I am not overly impressed with the Chargers and think they are overrated. On the other side of the coin we are playing well. Game is at home. 27-13 Seahawks.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• Hawks stay hungry. Win 27-20.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• I like Seattle at home in this one.
    Another 27-20
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• Hawks 27-26

4-3 ytd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• 7-0 impressive Aros

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• This is probably too optimistic, but I'm going with 27 - 13 Hawks. Hope I'm right!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• 243-0 Hawks.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• I don't know how the Chargers special teams are this year, but they have been poor in the past,... maybe we can get some decent field position from kickoff or punt returns,.....Hawks 27 Chargers 17
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• Carson was limited in practice today, so I'm probably waiting until game time for my prediction.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Rainy day with a River(s) of tears for the CalBolts.

42-5
    AubHawk71
    NET Practice Squad

• KiwiHawk wrote:The fans should be absolutely rabid.

The atmosphere will be electrifying. I wish I could be there!

Seahawks win in a shoot-out.
    BleuEyedHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• The Hawks will control the clock and keep Rivers on the sideline. The Chargers defense will be gassed by the 4th Quarter; but I think still a close game 24-21 Hawks.
    xray
    NET Starter

• It's not going to be sunshine and roses for Rivers on Sunday . It's going to be dark rainy and inhospitable all day.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit of a shootout similar to the home game v. the Steelers a couple years back. While you can only beat the teams that are in front of you, neither have won against a good team. This will be a telling game IMO.

Hawks win 34-30.

RTD 5-2
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Think it's two really evenly matched teams. Impressed with Derwin James this season and how they mix up their defensive packages but at home, with a bit of swagger in our stride, I think we can edge this if we control the clock. If Melvin Gordon was back and Joey Boss was healthy, I think it'd be really, really challenging.

Chargers 24 - 31 Hawks

Record: 7-0
    Beren
    NET Rookie

• I believe the Chargers are overrated and they will find themselves facing a physically tougher team than they played against in the pre-season.

Seattle wins by 14 or more, and they rough up Rivers.

The national media could be chowing down on some crow after this game, if the Hawks play as I expect them to, and will finally have to acknowledge this year's team, after starting slow, has come together and looks to be a top ten team while the Chargers are paper tigers.

Elliott Harrison says the Chargers are the #8 power ranked team to the #15 Seahawks, maybe he will need to reassess his calculations.

34 -17 Hawks.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:7-0 impressive Aros

Thanks, hopefully that's 8-0 after Sunday. ;)

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I see a high scoring game coming:
    Seahawks win 38-27. Not exactly a blow out, but a hard fought and well deserved win to keep playoff thinking alive.
    One game at a time and "refuse to lose", should be the battle cry.

:smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Windy and Rainy, not a food type of weather for a Sunshine team, I really hope we work with the backs on ball security, problem with wet balls if you hold to tight they squirt out.

But it does favor a power running game, advantage should be us in the weather since we get it a lot more and I hope practice in it some.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Chargers 27
    Seahawks 23

Season Record to Date: 5-2
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• We struggled with the Chargers previously but that was in hot weather. As long as Carson can go and there's no other surprising scratches we run the ball down their frigging throats. Hell, even with Davis I'm confident. The D stays consistent as well.

AFL LA Chargers 20
    The Seattle Seahawks 26
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Chargers 13
    Seattle 30
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:I believe the Chargers are overrated and they will find themselves facing a physically tougher team than they played against in the pre-season.

Seattle wins by 14 or more, and they rough up Rivers.

The national media could be chowing down on some crow after this game, if the Hawks play as I expect them to, and will finally have to acknowledge this year's team, after starting slow, has come together and looks to be a top ten team while the Chargers are paper tigers.

Elliott Harrison says the Chargers are the #8 power ranked team to the #15 Seahawks, maybe he will need to reassess his calculations.

34 -17 Hawks.

You may be on to something. I don’t have the stats in front of me either, but somehow I remember Pete having a good track record against AFC teams.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 21
    Chargers 24

ytd: 6-1
    Seahawk
    NET Rookie

• If that's the case for a wildcard , the Panthers matchup is key! The next four games suck...muderers row but I like our odds for at least a 2-2 at worst. But the Panthers game is huge for our wildcard seeding. As much as I want the Rams to slip up I don't see that happening unless either Goff or Gurley have a freak season ending injury like the 2014 Cardinals had with Palmer that allowed us to win division title and then get 1st seed.
    danp1990
    NET Rookie

• I figured I better buzz in before I roll up the open sign and close things up here for the day. Seems lately I have been managing to at least get a long winded weekly Aros' prediction in, and knock on wood, I've been pretty accurate so far. I Don't always get the spread exact in fact never, but I do get it pretty close in terms of number differences between us and our opponents and the flow of the game on all sides of he ball.

Because we are playing at home, I think that the Seahawks really need to play like it was a road game and with that same intensity they have been playing. We need to remain humble, and hard working, and be really cautious about not all the hype go to our heads, We are playing lights out on all sides of the ball,but only because we are listening to our coaches and following directions, and most importantly, playing a team, where every single person plays a critical role. Our ability to stay focused on that, and keep on doing what we have been doing, with the same passion, confidence and intensity that we have been, and there isn't a team out there that can stop us, we are unstoppable when our chit is tight and its tighter right now than its ever been. .

You can bet your butts that the Chargers are going to try and shock us, with some crazy stuff right at the gate and try to rattle our confidence and force us into playing Ketchup football like we found ourselves doing again and again, when we didn't have a running game.

Instead we need to stay composed and do the same damn thing to them instead. Stop them in their tracks, put up some points quickly and make them shift into Ketchup football mode, which is handing the game to us and making it twice as easy for us to send them home defeated and embarrassed.

We have the perfect formula and personnel to win against any team in the NFL at home or away, all we need to do is keep on doing what we have been doing. Our offense is only getting better with each passing game, we have a line up right now that is unstoppable, our running game is dead on, and that opens up everything else for us in the air.

I hated to see Brandon Marshall go, I really hoped he would play like a super star and finish out his career here in Seattle, but the other receivers we have are playing like Brandon once did. I hope he lands somewhere where they really need his skills and have to make their go to guy, I think he still has some good game left in him, just not as much as our other receivers do right now.

There are only so many seats at the table and someone has to go when the time comes to bring someone back in or bring in someone who looks to be a more effective player at any given position. I'm guessing Ed and it looks like JD required a little juggling on the roster to make room for their reentry. I am excited to see JD play, if he is ready to play, I see the Seahawks racking up the points in this game, I also see us sticking to whats been working, which is our running game, controlling the clock, deep dead on strikes down the field once we have their defense all tangled up trying to stop the unstoppable Chris Carson and crew.

Our defense will do great things against the Chargers. As was the case with the Lions, stop their running game and stop them, that is the same formula that will give us a win over the Chargers and will put them, and everyone we play in the same position they were putting us in last year and early this season. If you shut the run game down, they then have no choice but to abandon it and start firing down the field trying to make up points and, with our present defense, that only opens up more opportunities for interceptions, forced fumbles, QB sacks, and quick 3 and outs by our opponents.

Our defense has looked more like the old Legion of Boom than the Old Legion of Boom looked LOL. Go figure. They will dominate, dictate and frustrate the Chargers offense all day long. Our Special Teams is also better than what we have seen historically. That's not to knock the players of yesteryear but it is to compliment what we are seeing from them this season. They are on it at every kick of the ball, Sea Bass is nailing it and Dickson is ridiculous in his game.

I became so convinced that Kickers are some of the most important elements of a winning NFL team after watching us get our asses handed to us game after game last year. I think that if we just don't get swelled heads and keep our humility and focus in check, we could realistically take this thing to a Super Bowl this season.

Almost half time at this update. The one factor I overlooked in my prediction was the officiating. Way too many costly and unjustified calls our offense, and always at critical 1st down conversion opportunities. I hope we manage to overcome this in the second half.

Seattle Seahawks 34 vs LA Chargers 22 Make them play KETCHUP Football.

Go Seahawks !
    Last edited by pacific101 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• 31-27 Chargers. Gotta feeling Carson either does not play or is limited. Chargers seem to have our number.

Ytd 7-0
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Carson not totally fit will limit our running game just a bit to much I am afraid.

SEA 17
    LAX 24

But I've been pretty bad at this so I hope for the best.

YTD 2-5
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

• 20-27 Hawks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information