Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Chargers @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's beginning to smell like 2012. A legitimate, pounding, impose-your-will running game...Russell has play action working effectively due to the success of the running game, the LOB-less, upstart young defense are a pleasant surprise...There is still plenty of work to do and experience to gather but even the national media collective are beginning to take note. How can you not? The Seahawks look like LEGIT contenders for a wildcard and currently hold the second wildcard spot. This is the stretch of games that will really tell the story of the 2018 Seahawks. The Chargers come to town and Philip Rivers is always a pain in our ass and that may not change on Sunday.

But the way this team is playing and believing right now? Hell no am I picking against the Seahawks at home right now.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Chargers 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-0

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Phillip Rivers is a dink and dunk QB. Dink and dunk QBs that can occasionally throw it deep is kryptonite to Pete's defense. The Quarterbacks who have success against us are either mobile Qbs with some accuracy (Deshaun Watson) OR, they're patient Qbs that will try to sustain drives.

That said, with KJ Wright back to sure up the run defense, and a solid secondary, we should be able to hold them under 30.

My prediction - 31-27.

Chargers offense finds a way to make plays, Rivers turns over the ball at some point. Our running game punishes them up front. Schotty calls more run options for Russ, keeping the defense honest. Russ ends up passing for over 300 yards because the Chargers defense is adamant about "containing Russ and stopping the run." Put an extra man in the box and we shred them

My record so far: 5-2

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a hell of a game. Nice and tight the first half, with the Hawks running game wearing the Charges down in the late 3rd quarter in to the 4th. Carson with another 100 yard game, Russ w/2 TD Passes.
Defense forces 2 turnovers (1 fumble recovery, 1 pick) but plays the bend don't break thing so Rivers' numbers are a little inflated.

Hawks hold them off 27-20

iigakusei

Reaction score
We are due for an overtime game.
30-27 Seahawks in OT.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chargers - 27
Seattle - 21

San Diego uses the TE position to beat us again

Atradees

Reaction score
They had a cake schedule, coming in to the 12's.........

Record 4-3.

Chargers 9
Seahawks 41

doso

Reaction score
It won’t be close. We’re going to clean up some plays from the Lions game. Comfortable win for us.

31-17 Swahawks 8)
4-3

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I believe we really make a mark with this game and at 1/2 through the season, stand at 5-3 with 3 straight convincing wins.

Hawks 34
LAC 16

Sac

Reaction score
Seahawks: 27
Chargers: 24

*Keenan Allen still gets me 9 catches for 93 yards and a TD in my PPR League.
*Lockett gets me 5 catches for 115 yards and a TD
*Chris Carson gets me 90 rushing, 35 receving, 2 total TDs
*RW gets me 270 yards passing, 24 rushing and 3 passing TDs (no ints)

evergreen

Reaction score
I think we might go off on them. It’s very much like 2012. Of course it should be close either way. We’re due to go off. 31-17.

knownone

Reaction score
Love seeing the optimism in here. Every one of the Chargers wins is against a team below .500. Their best win is against a Titans team coming off a loss to the Bills and a shutout loss to the Ravens, they beat the Titans 20-19 in a game where the Titans decided to go for 2 instead of kicking a field goal and heading to overtime.

I don't think the Chargers are a better team than the Seahawks. Seahawks win 27-17.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Additional game factors:

First home game in basically a month.
First home game after Paul Allen's death.
First game after Patera's death.

The fans should be absolutely rabid.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I think it'll be a close one.

14-10 with a RW 4Q comeback.

I'm also expecting Fant to catch a TD pass.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point on the home factors, it really has been a long time since we played a home game. And emotion of losing Paul and Jack can really be a factor. You see it in sports all the time.
Looking forward to Monday morning when all the Debbie's vanish after a win again :irishdrinkers:

RCATES

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3li9vja6 said:
Chargers - 27
Seattle - 21

San Diego uses the TE position to beat us again

What TE? They didn't even want Gates but were forced to bring him back when Gate's replacement got hurt and out for the year. Its their receivers that are loaded.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This will be a tough week, but at home I give the edge to a very motivated and hungry Hawks team. Haven't been able to describe them as that for a couple seasons!

Seahawks 24
Chargers 23

My Record to Date: 6-1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
12 catches for 123 yards and ONE Touchdown on the season. Yeah, he's gonna' just shred one of the best scoring Defenses in the league, playing at home. :?
I'd bet you a six pack of your favorite beer, but you'd probably go the full Sherman and say it never happened :2thumbs: