Is Carson Hurt?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah, they've kept a few guys out this week. I think they're just being extra careful going into a tough matchup. KJ Wright was held out Wednesday and Thursday but Pete said he'll play. Fluker also missed some time. I'm really hoping we get a shot at both the Chargers and the Rams the following week at full strength to see just how well this team stacks up against two probable playoff teams.

sutz

Reaction score
It's the time of year where just about every player is "hurt" or at least hurting. Hopefully, a little time out of practice will help them out.

These days, unless there is a glaring issue with some fundamental or other (which I don't really see lately) practice is mostly all about installing the game plan and scouting the opposition. Practice is more good idea than necessity for most of these guys.

Obviously, that is up to team trainers and doctors and the players themselves. Yes, we'll see.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to start giving guys rest days to let bruises heal and sore spots get better, backs take a lot of shots on their hips and legs.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It’s pretty common to give workhorse running backs lighter loads in practice. They’re usually a bit banged up and spend a lot of time in the gym and on the track/field doing drills.

sutz

Reaction score
Did we hear if Carson practiced yet?

Got a friend who wants to know. :twisted:

Answered my own question:

Running back Chris Carson (hip) and left tackle Duane Brown (knee) were new additions to Thursday’s injury report for the Seahawks. Both players practiced in limited fashion.

On a more positive note, guard D.J. Fluker, safety Bradley McDougald (knee), and defensive end Dion Jordan (knee) all returned to practice on Thursday after sitting out to start the week. Fluker and McDougald were limited Thursday while Jordan was a full participant.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/thursday- ... rn-to-work

GLio14

Reaction score
Carroll just said he's having "a groin thing."

I really hope he plays. Good sign he practiced today though.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Coach Pete Carroll suggested Carson (hip) may come down to a game-time decision Sunday against the Chargers, Brady Henderson of ESPN.com reports. "[Carson]'s just got a little groin thing he's feeling," Carroll said Friday after practice Hehe, funny

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
DynoHawk":2bqc2br7 said:
Coach Pete Carroll suggested Carson (hip) may come down to a game-time decision Sunday against the Chargers, Brady Henderson of ESPN.com reports. "[Carson]'s just got a little groin thing he's feeling," Carroll said Friday after practice Hehe, funny

God I hope he's ok...we have a murderers row of games coming up.

xray

Reaction score
This month is gonna be a street fight after street fight...Rest them boys when you can...they know the plays by now...The Hawks can't afford to lose Carson never...if he needs a couple days off...Lynch did that every week...

rcaido

Reaction score
I felt he played a little too much against the Lions last week...Davis & Penny could have some plays so Carson doesn't get overworked especially the way he plays.

Hope he is ok, we need him this Sunday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rcaido":13nl66m3 said:
I felt he played a little too much against the Lions last week...Davis & Penny could have some plays so Carson doesn't get overworked especially the way he plays.

I agree. I saw Penny in a couple of plays near the end. Davis seemed to take quite a few to spell Carson once in a while. We have a tandem and getting the main wheel of the tandem working best and the second wheel doing ok, it will be easier to slide another in as a second wheel if we need him.

xray

Reaction score
Carson is questionable for Sunday...If he can't go then the Hawks will be forced to use Penny . Carroll might regret not giving Penny more touches...Penny will be coming in ice cold. That could be costly. IMO...hoping for the best. Go Hawks!

jmahon316

Reaction score
xray":b7o3mqrw said:
Carson is questionable for Sunday...If he can't go then the Hawks will be forced to use Penny . Carroll might regret not giving Penny more touches...Penny will be coming in ice cold. That could be costly. IMO...hoping for the best. Go Hawks!

Call me optimistic, but if Carson sits out and they give Penny more than a handful of carries then I have a gut feeling he'll break out this game...

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
If Carson sits, Davis will start and get the majority of carries if he keeps running like he has so far this year. If that happens, Penny slides to #2 this week.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thinking about it a game where Penny gets 20 plus carries may be what he needs to get his feet under him so to speak and confidence.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
This. Penny needs to play to get into an NFL rhythm. He's not going to get that on the bench or by just practicing. Maybe he gets more work this game and starts to feel his way. I love me some Carson, but we need to get Penny rolling, too.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rcaido":244ewazh said:

Yeah, he ran like a beast against them for the first three quarters. Saw him resting mid- to late 4th quarter for Davis, for what it's worth, though.