Ken Norton

LTH

Reaction score
I don't think Norton gets enough credit for his coaching effort... This D has lost half its pro bowl players and still this is one of the toughest D's in the league that doesn't happen unless the coaching staff is on it... The other thing is that organizationally the Seahawks are fantastic. from top to bottom..

Thoughts?

cheese22

Reaction score
I think some would argue that PC gets the credit for the def but I agree with you. Not only have they lost several all-pros, they have also had a couple injuries to starters and they are one of the youngest groups in the league. There has to be some credit given to KN and the defensive staff.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Its Pete's scheme for sure... But what impresses me is that the D has taken on Norton's personality IMO... this is a hard hitting nasty D, especially the secondary and if you have ever watched Norton play way back when... it's noticeable at least it is to me...I dont think we have seen the Best this D has to offer... I think they are better than the stats say I guess we will see today...

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Norton has brought a fresh perspective and more diversity in scheme. He’s done a great job with what he has to work with.

Jville

Reaction score
Ken Norton had his share of Debbie Doubters in the past. Life is an opportunity to grow and develop day after day.

John Schneider is another who is in the same boat as Norton. All those Debbie Doubters with "the end is near" proclamations after the first three drafts.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Yeah, he's gonna hear it after this game unless he adjusts. First real test against a creative, high-flying offense and they're getting exposed.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
wait for adjustments

hawks85

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1qh01wi9 said:
Yeah, he's gonna hear it after this game unless he adjusts. First real test against a creative, high-flying offense and they're getting exposed.
Nope 2 total bs calls. that PI against moore BS... AND THAT TD BS. rivers is just winging it. Hes just throwing it up and hoping someone catches it and gets flagged....Not impressed at all. These damn refs (number 83) better open his damn eyes.

hawker84

Reaction score
This defense is awful. I've never seen Bobby so out of position and ineffective since he's been here...

hawks85

Reaction score
That 34 yard BS out of bound TD was the nail in the coffin. I said 13-3 guess I was wrong. I should have said 13-3 providing we stay healthy. Carson on the sideline isn't helping at all

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think he's mostly done well given the exodus of talent on that side of the ball, he is far too conservative on 3rd and long though. It's almost easier for teams to get completions because we go soft zone 3 man rushes. Adjustments today didn't happen it seems, Chargers just started to milk the clock. Also didn't do anything to help the pass rush when it was clear they couldn't get home with only 4.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The D Played well when they need to and played well enough to win that game...

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jville":3lnyki3w said:
Ken Norton had his share of Debbie Doubters in the past. Life is an opportunity to grow and develop day after day.

John Schneider is another who is in the same boat as Norton. All those Debbie Doubters with "the end is near" proclamations after the first three drafts.
From what I heard Pete Carroll took on many of the play calling duties on defense. Norton was there to help organize, and direct things. At least that is what I thought I remembered from the offseason.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":13j3t5yn said:
Jville":13j3t5yn said:

From what I heard Pete Carroll took on many of the play calling duties on defense. Norton was there to help organize, and direct things. At least that is what I thought I remembered from the offseason.

No :roll:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
hawknation2018":10izjg9t said:
LTH":10izjg9t said:
wait for adjustments

Chargers offense did not score in the 2nd half. That's a great offense too.

Not only did they not score in the 2nd half but T-2 and McDougald were out...

LTH

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LTH":2wrhpyq9 said:
I don't think Norton gets enough credit for his coaching effort... This D has lost half its pro bowl players and still this is one of the toughest D's in the league that doesn't happen unless the coaching staff is on it... The other thing is that organizationally the Seahawks are fantastic. from top to bottom..

Thoughts?

Agreed. The D has been a very nice surprise this season.