Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Officiating Chargers vs Seahawks

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Officiating Chargers vs Seahawks
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:25 pm
  • I’m not a conspiracy guy.

I don’t (want to ) believe that the NFL pushes games to meet an agenda.

I can’t explain some of what I saw today with my own eyes.

Lost, and left shaking my head in Texas.

Can you help me, please.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Officiating Chargers vs Seahawks
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm
  • It's been really one sided.

Adding insult to injury are the commentators salivating and falling all over themselves in their excitement for the Chargers.

But, even they thought that the Charger touchdown would be overturned and brought back to the eight yard line.

And did anyone notice just now that when one of our players was down they just kept talking?

Exasperating to watch AND listen to.
    BleuEyedHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm
  • Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:17 pm
  • hawksincebirth wrote:Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?

Did someone say this was rigged?

Did you watch the game, if so, did you see any calls/ non calls that made you wonder what was happening?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:19 pm
  • officiating was poor I saw bad calls on both sides... Hawks should have won that one...

LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:20 pm
  • It was very difficult to watch, I hated the calls against Fluker and Britt but their touchdown when a foot was clearly out was ridiculous. Very frustrating to have so many bad calls throughout a game, and I'm typically a defender of sports referees. This was atrociously bad though, the NFL needs to look at punishing the officials involved or get them some additional training.
    BoltonWanderer
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm
  • hawksincebirth wrote:Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?

It was when we played Pittsburgh in the SB.
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm
  • Ref’s need to be penalized and fined. Then graded and shown the door when they perform badly. There is no oversight for these guys. All we will get is an apology for one bad call tomorrow if we are lucky. They single-handedly destroyed early on what was turning out to be a good game today.
    BubbaGump
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:23 pm
  • The two bad ones against us were an LA touchdown and a crucial drive-ending penalty--both bullshit. Call it fair both ways and we blow them out by ten scores.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:24 pm
  • There will always be missed cals and but what I can not understand is when they review the play and are just plain wrong.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:26 pm
  • Ok on the TD I think their issue (not saying I agree just trying to understand) is that the WR toe steps the step before. It is hard to confirm if the heel actually touches the ground or not. It is clearly over the line but if they can’t establish that it hits the ground then the call stands
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:27 pm
  • BoltonWanderer wrote:It was very difficult to watch, I hated the calls against Fluker and Britt but their touchdown when a foot was clearly out was ridiculous. Very frustrating to have so many bad calls throughout a game, and I'm typically a defender of sports referees. This was atrociously bad though, the NFL needs to look at punishing the officials involved or get them some additional training.

So, the NFL fired an official earlier this year but nobody knows why. Supposedly it was for some bad decisions, but objectively nobody can say what he did that was way worse than anyone else. Which makes me wonder if he was fired for calling a game straight-up when the NFL wanted it steered...

I really hate to think that the NFL has become the WWE. I don't watch pre-ordained crap like that, or "reality" shows, but I like to watch football. I don't want that to change. Much more of this crap and I'll need to re-assess.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:28 pm
  • In a game involving so much money, knowing how corrupt our culture is as a whole, there are most certainly people trying to influence outcomes. We have seen it in the other major sports, what makes you think the NFL is immune. It is pretty naive to think that isn't the case imo.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:29 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:There will always be missed cals and but what I can not understand is when they review the play and are just plain wrong.

:ditto: It was obvious that Mike Williams stepped out on that TD. For them to keep the TD on the board was ridiculous.
    And quite frankly after that call, my interest in the game was diminished.
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:30 pm
  • Maybe the league was getting back at us for keeping the Percy Harvin TD against the Chargers in week 2 of the 2014 season when he obviously stepped out of bounds. Who knows.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:39 pm
  • Lil Hochuli is trying as hard as he can in his first year, you guys.

The Officials are employees of the NFL, so if you think they are going to "discipline" them when there are some questionable calls favoring the new darling LA teams during the expansion INVESTMENT in the biggest media market (20 million LA area eyeballs is a LOT of ad revenue), then maybe WWE is a good comparison to what people in Seattle are paying upwards of $200 a ticket to watch in the Pacific Northwest.

Ticky tack momentum killers in the first half...and like any abusive relationship we keep coming back because the few times we get love it makes the mostly abuse all worth it.

Nah. Nah nah.

Taking my broken record and throwing it in the trash, getting the front loader out to dig a grave to bury the dead horse beaten beyond recognition.

The refs steer the game. Full stop. It's part of the NFL's entertainment "experience". Good night to all.
    AubHawk71
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:46 pm
  • The most disappointed I’ve been with an officiating crew in the NFL .you’ll get the one ‘major’ call but that was embarrassing. Over and over again the call on the field or the replay review continuesly screwed us. You know ur being screwed when the commentators and gene is disagreeing with the calls.
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:49 pm
  • The NFL game is getting hard to watch. Right now with the severe officiating issues they have they are barely and I mean barely above pro rastlin’, which is fixed. It’s getting harder and harder to watch steered games.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:51 pm
  • The most disappointed I’ve been with an officiating crew in the NFL .you’ll get the one ‘major’ call but that was embarrassing. Over and over again the call on the field or the replay review continuesly screwed us. You know ur being screwed when the commentators and gene is disagreeing with the calls.
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:59 pm
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:10 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:Image

Never believe anyone who claims to be upholding The Truth. See:

Politicans
    Lawyers
    Religious Leaders
    Journalists
    NFL referees
    The Police
    AubHawk71
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm
  • AubHawk71 wrote:
    Seahawk_Dan wrote:Image

Politicans
    Lawyers
    Religious Leaders
    Journalists
    NFL referees
    The Police

Man, they aren't gonna like this one around here...
    But :2thumbs:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:19 pm
  • The TD was obviously the wrong call especially since it was reviewed. He stepped out 3 times IMO but the one at the 8 was obvious as his momentum was going out of bounds so his heel obviously went flat to the ground. Crazy call even the commentators were like WTF?. Maybe they should stop reviewing plays on their phone.

That being said, the worst call was the offensive PI. JFC, that was horrible.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:39 pm
  • All of the iffy calls in the first half were from the same two officials right in front of the Chargers sideline.

My assumption is that these two are/were relatively weak-willed and got talked into some calls.

The OPI, "late hit" by Fluker, and missed QB roughing (Wilson was hit hard in the head) in the first half aren't the entire reason they lost the game, but the calls/missed calls ended early drives that could have changed the entire complexion of the game.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:28 pm
  • One of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:46 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    hawksincebirth wrote:Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?

Did someone say this was rigged?

Did you watch the game, if so, did you see any calls/ non calls that made you wonder what was happening?

Hell no he didn't. :141847_bnono:
    The Refs sucked butt today.
    That Offensive Pass Interference call on Moore was pure bullshit, but it was enough kill the timing & drive. :34853_doh:
    The Penalties that were called were way out of balance, Talk about obvious. :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:53 pm
  • AubHawk71 wrote:
    Seahawk_Dan wrote:Image

Politicans
    Lawyers
    Religious Leaders
    Journalists
    NFL referees
    The Police

Well, to be fair?, it would be really, really hard to turn down LOTS & LOTS OF PAYOFF CASH, eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:54 pm
  • So the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of bitching about how refs were deliberately making calls against the Seahawks to "keep the game close".

Now the prevailing theory is that the Seahawks are getting calls against them that would put the game out of reach, the opposite of close.

This is pretty base-level victim mentality/conspiracy stuff. Not really a fan of this stuff.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:54 pm
  • We had a drive taken away with that bogus pick (OPI) call and they were given 7 points on that total nonsense, supposed “I couldn’t tell conclusively he was out of bounds”, BS. The personal foul on Fluker was marginal but the one on Sweezy was crappola as the play was not over. They got away with quite a few personal fouls late hits, Pi’s or holding plays There were lots more examples of uneven calls non-calls or nonsense calls. I can’t recall that I have ever watched such a poorly called game, seemed as if the crew had their marching orders or a hard agenda and carried it off. The referees helped ensure a Seattle loss.

Hoculi Jr. is a carbon copy of his weak sauce father. Every play where the team made a potential game changing positive play the offials evened things out for the Chargers, regularly tilting the fieLd. Ican hardly wait to see what BS is served up next week in LA by another supposedly independent officiating crew.

It is going to be a long stretch before the team is going to be allowed to play football w/o being screwed over.

In the end though, the Chargers were better on O than the Hawks, they made fewer mistakes, and had no costly unforced errors. Rivers outplayed Wilson, they stuffed the Hawks run, and played better than Seattle. The Hawks were slow to adjust, had few answers and yet in the end made the end of the game disappointingly interesting. Too little too late.

Geez I hate kvetching about referees but today had me tipped over.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:54 pm
  • I dont know if the game was rigged but I do know those announcers couldnt get River's junk any further down their throats!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm
  • The officiating today was as bad as the officiating in the Stanford-Washington last night and that is saying something.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 pm
  • Refs were fine.

Stop being such a wimp and move on.

NEXT!!!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:18 pm
  • I don’t think anyone is saying the officiating was the lone factor in the loss.
    Seattle played like crap they deserved to lose the game on that fact alone, but the officiating was a factor. To deny this is either being contrarian or trying too hard to be an anti-homer.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I don’t think anyone is saying the officiating was the lone factor in the loss.
    Seattle played like crap they deserved to lose the game on that fact alone, but the officiating was a factor. To deny this is either being contrarian or trying too hard to be an anti-homer.

Officiating is never perfect. We've get some and we lose some.

That's football/life.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:48 pm
  • San Diego works the officials harder then any team in the league, Rivers is constantly working them as well. Every time we play them Officials make questionable and tilting calls.

We don't have a Sherman that lobbied the correct calls and what was allowed like we did before, he worked them hard both ways as well, our youngsters have no history with a lot of these officials and are not going to get benefits of reasonable doubt or a pass for being a name player either. Officials don't like being shown up as well, so if your going to work them you need to do it during time outs and commercials.

Those things do matter.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:53 pm
  • Grading the game:

Seahawks Offense: D+

Seahawks Defense: C

Seahawks Special Teams: B

Refs: F

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    So, the NFL fired an official earlier this year but nobody knows why. Supposedly it was for some bad decisions, but objectively nobody can say what he did that was way worse than anyone else. Which makes me wonder if he was fired for calling a game straight-up when the NFL wanted it steered...

I really hate to think that the NFL has become the WWE. I don't watch pre-ordained crap like that, or "reality" shows, but I like to watch football. I don't want that to change. Much more of this crap and I'll need to re-assess.

They fired him for a very blatant false start on okung in the bolts/browns game he let go for a long TD from Rivers to Williams
    MooseKnuckleChuck
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:14 am
  • Once again phantom penalty's on third down .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 am
  • I saw at least two PI calls that could and should have been called against the Seattle defense

Guys - you need to look at things more objectively

Yes the TD was strange but I put the possible explanation above and in addition the review is NOT done by the Ref on the field
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:08 am
  • Was it Britt who go the late hit call?

Baldwin catches it, they intentionally hold him up to strip the ball out, not letting him get down to end the play. Here comes Britt, wham! trying to knock the pile forward, and knock everyone down to end the play before the ball pops out.

And here comes the flag, "late hit". We re-wound that a couple times, the whistle comes after all that, at least 2-3 seconds after he hits the pile. C'mon refs, blow your whistle and end the play or let it continue. You can't penalize a guy for a late hit with out blowing the whistle.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:12 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:We had a drive taken away with that bogus pick (OPI) call and they were given 7 points on that total nonsense, supposed “I couldn’t tell conclusively he was out of bounds”, BS. The personal foul on Fluker was marginal but the one on Sweezy was crappola as the play was not over. They got away with quite a few personal fouls late hits, Pi’s or holding plays There were lots more examples of uneven calls non-calls or nonsense calls. I can’t recall that I have ever watched such a poorly called game, seemed as if the crew had their marching orders or a hard agenda and carried it off. The referees helped ensure a Seattle loss.

Hoculi Jr. is a carbon copy of his weak sauce father. Every play where the team made a potential game changing positive play the offials evened things out for the Chargers, regularly tilting the fieLd. Ican hardly wait to see what BS is served up next week in LA by another supposedly independent officiating crew.

It is going to be a long stretch before the team is going to be allowed to play football w/o being screwed over.

In the end though, the Chargers were better on O than the Hawks, they made fewer mistakes, and had no costly unforced errors. Rivers outplayed Wilson, they stuffed the Hawks run, and played better than Seattle. The Hawks were slow to adjust, had few answers and yet in the end made the end of the game disappointingly interesting. Too little too late.

Geez I hate kvetching about referees but today had me tipped over.

Well said. :2thumbs:
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am
  • mikeak wrote:I saw at least two PI calls that could and should have been called against the Seattle defense

Yes the TD was strange but I put the possible explanation above and in addition the review is NOT done by the Ref on the field

I don't think that there is anybody claiming that the Seahawks played perfectly, but Ref's do make more than their fair SHARE of Mistakes, shit happens, even the lopsided shit that went on yesterday.
    I think MOST folks would agree that Ref's need to clean up their messes.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:20 am
  • mikeak wrote:I saw at least two PI calls that could and should have been called against the Seattle defense

Why, because Rivers was crying like the baby that he is? He wanted PI on every incomplete pass. Those plays were fine.

Look, I agree that the conspiracy stuff is probably a bit far reaching, but the incompetent reffing in some of these games is real . And when the incompetence mostly impacts your team....and at crushing, drive stalling times, well then yes, we are going to talk about it.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Was it Britt who go the late hit call?

Baldwin catches it, they intentionally hold him up to strip the ball out, not letting him get down to end the play. Here comes Britt, wham! trying to knock the pile forward, and knock everyone down to end the play before the ball pops out.

And here comes the flag, "late hit". We re-wound that a couple times, the whistle comes after all that, at least 2-3 seconds after he hits the pile. C'mon refs, blow your whistle and end the play or let it continue. You can't penalize a guy for a late hit with out blowing the whistle.

That was an INTENTIONAL chickenshit call by the Refs (who swallowed their whistles on that play)
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:32 am
  • There were some bad calls, but it's not like they haven't missed two blatant DPIs on Chargers 3rd downs, forcing them to punt. The most annoying call was the UR on Britt. After play was over??? You didn't even blow the god damn whistle you moron
    quadsas
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Whatever calls you saw that were missed still equate to SHITY officiating.

The replay or review guy is still one of the “officials”.

The officiating of this game was piss poor, period.

End of story.

Yea, we’re complaining about a couple of major miss cues that went against the Seahawks, and that’s the Homer in us but the calls you mentioned only bolster our argument, they don’t discount it even a little.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:I saw at least two PI calls that could and should have been called against the Seattle defense

Whatever calls you saw that were missed still equate to SHITY officiating.

The replay or review guy is still one of the “officials”.

The officiating of this game was piss poor, period.

End of story.

Yea, we’re complaining about a couple of major miss cues that went against the Seahawks, and that’s the Homer in us but the calls you mentioned only bolster our argument, they don’t discount it even a little.

Fair point - my arguments noted did nothing to make the officials "better"

But it did counter those in this thread that believe the NFL is rigged and the Seahawks are on the "screw them list"
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Was it Britt who go the late hit call?

I was actually ok with that call. As soon as Justin came bull rushing in, I knew the flag was coming. The Williams TD (obviously) and the so called offensive PI (pick) on Moore or Brown (cant remember) that went for a 1st down were the ones that got me.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:46 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Was it Britt who go the late hit call?

I was actually ok with that call. As soon as Justin came bull rushing in, I knew the flag was coming. The Williams TD (obviously) and the so called offensive PI (pick) on Moore or Brown (cant remember) that went for a 1st down were the ones that got me.

Yeah, Britt didnt hit the pile.. he just took a shot at a guy standing there.

thought it was soft, but knew the flag was coming.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:26 pm
  • Forgive my ignorance, but is it always a penalty to hit a pile when the whistle hasn't blown?

Couldn't Britt argue he was pushing the pile forward for extra yardage?
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information