Officiating Chargers vs Seahawks

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m not a conspiracy guy.

I don’t (want to ) believe that the NFL pushes games to meet an agenda.

I can’t explain some of what I saw today with my own eyes.

Lost, and left shaking my head in Texas.

Can you help me, please.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
It's been really one sided.

Adding insult to injury are the commentators salivating and falling all over themselves in their excitement for the Chargers.

But, even they thought that the Charger touchdown would be overturned and brought back to the eight yard line.

And did anyone notice just now that when one of our players was down they just kept talking?

Exasperating to watch AND listen to.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3vcgk783 said:
Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?

Did someone say this was rigged?

Did you watch the game, if so, did you see any calls/ non calls that made you wonder what was happening?

LTH

Reaction score
officiating was poor I saw bad calls on both sides... Hawks should have won that one...

LTH

Reaction score
It was very difficult to watch, I hated the calls against Fluker and Britt but their touchdown when a foot was clearly out was ridiculous. Very frustrating to have so many bad calls throughout a game, and I'm typically a defender of sports referees. This was atrociously bad though, the NFL needs to look at punishing the officials involved or get them some additional training.

TreeRon

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":wb0wp9to said:
Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?
It was when we played Pittsburgh in the SB.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Ref’s need to be penalized and fined. Then graded and shown the door when they perform badly. There is no oversight for these guys. All we will get is an apology for one bad call tomorrow if we are lucky. They single-handedly destroyed early on what was turning out to be a good game today.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The two bad ones against us were an LA touchdown and a crucial drive-ending penalty--both bullshit. Call it fair both ways and we blow them out by ten scores.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
There will always be missed cals and but what I can not understand is when they review the play and are just plain wrong.

mikeak

Reaction score
Ok on the TD I think their issue (not saying I agree just trying to understand) is that the WR toe steps the step before. It is hard to confirm if the heel actually touches the ground or not. It is clearly over the line but if they can’t establish that it hits the ground then the call stands

GeekHawk

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":2rlelx5v said:
It was very difficult to watch, I hated the calls against Fluker and Britt but their touchdown when a foot was clearly out was ridiculous. Very frustrating to have so many bad calls throughout a game, and I'm typically a defender of sports referees. This was atrociously bad though, the NFL needs to look at punishing the officials involved or get them some additional training.

So, the NFL fired an official earlier this year but nobody knows why. Supposedly it was for some bad decisions, but objectively nobody can say what he did that was way worse than anyone else. Which makes me wonder if he was fired for calling a game straight-up when the NFL wanted it steered...

I really hate to think that the NFL has become the WWE. I don't watch pre-ordained crap like that, or "reality" shows, but I like to watch football. I don't want that to change. Much more of this crap and I'll need to re-assess.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
In a game involving so much money, knowing how corrupt our culture is as a whole, there are most certainly people trying to influence outcomes. We have seen it in the other major sports, what makes you think the NFL is immune. It is pretty naive to think that isn't the case imo.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3bexmoo4 said:
There will always be missed cals and but what I can not understand is when they review the play and are just plain wrong.

:ditto: It was obvious that Mike Williams stepped out on that TD. For them to keep the TD on the board was ridiculous.
And quite frankly after that call, my interest in the game was diminished.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maybe the league was getting back at us for keeping the Percy Harvin TD against the Chargers in week 2 of the 2014 season when he obviously stepped out of bounds. Who knows.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Lil Hochuli is trying as hard as he can in his first year, you guys.

The Officials are employees of the NFL, so if you think they are going to "discipline" them when there are some questionable calls favoring the new darling LA teams during the expansion INVESTMENT in the biggest media market (20 million LA area eyeballs is a LOT of ad revenue), then maybe WWE is a good comparison to what people in Seattle are paying upwards of $200 a ticket to watch in the Pacific Northwest.

Ticky tack momentum killers in the first half...and like any abusive relationship we keep coming back because the few times we get love it makes the mostly abuse all worth it.

Nah. Nah nah.

Taking my broken record and throwing it in the trash, getting the front loader out to dig a grave to bury the dead horse beaten beyond recognition.

The refs steer the game. Full stop. It's part of the NFL's entertainment "experience". Good night to all.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
The most disappointed I’ve been with an officiating crew in the NFL .you’ll get the one ‘major’ call but that was embarrassing. Over and over again the call on the field or the replay review continuesly screwed us. You know ur being screwed when the commentators and gene is disagreeing with the calls.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL game is getting hard to watch. Right now with the severe officiating issues they have they are barely and I mean barely above pro rastlin’, which is fixed. It’s getting harder and harder to watch steered games.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
The most disappointed I’ve been with an officiating crew in the NFL .you’ll get the one ‘major’ call but that was embarrassing. Over and over again the call on the field or the replay review continuesly screwed us. You know ur being screwed when the commentators and gene is disagreeing with the calls.