Bizarrely Poor Game today

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I know we’re going through a rough 4 game stretch, but we’re going to have to play better going forward.

- Russ played like crap. Missed throws, seemed off. Took stupid sacks, threw the game sealing pick 6. I know he can play much better but this was really disappointing

- As much as I like Davis, it’s clear that Chris Carson is the difference for our running game

- Some of the playcalling was bizarre, running the ball when it clearly wasn’t working. We waited until too late to switch gears

Teams will now try to stop the run and force us to catch up from behind. The irony is, catching up was our forte last year. We need to combine our ability to run the ball with our ability to pass like we did last year.

Not hitting panic mode yet, we can play better. I just hope we can pull off at least 2-2 for November, which means we’ll have to win 2 of our next 3

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3gzia1u6 said:
I know we’re going through a rough 4 game stretch, but we’re going to have to play better going forward.

- Russ played like crap. Missed throws, seemed off. Took stupid sacks, threw the game sealing pick 6. I know he can play much better but this was really disappointing

- As much as I like Davis, it’s clear that Chris Carson is the difference for our running game

- Some of the playcalling was bizarre, running the ball when it clearly wasn’t working. We waited until too late to switch gears

Teams will now try to stop the run and force us to catch up from behind. The irony is, catching up was our forte last year. We need to combine our ability to run the ball with our ability to pass like we did last year.

Not hitting panic mode yet, we can play better. I just hope we can pull off at least 2-2 for November, which means we’ll have to win 2 of our next 3
Agree, nice post!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3q9tnwff said:

Spot on. This was a team loss. Players and coaches. Lots to learn a build on. I like that even though we played like caca we still were competitive. Even with all the new fresh faces.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Never been in an NFL locker room, but I think you prep the best all week and hope your game plan beats the other teams' game plan. Sometimes you get out coached.

That said, and has been mentioned endlessly on this site, the coaching culture of Pete on down is not that great improvising mid-game to account for adjustments necessary to get the win.. Not everybody is good at everything, obvs, but. Giving Russ the ball in the 4th is not realistic anymore.

The domination by Gordon, Allen et al today is pretty inexcusable. Same thing over and over again. You can't adjust for that? YOU BEEN OUT-COACHED.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Schottenheimer was outcoached by Chargers DC Gus Bradley today.
Bradley's defense got Russell confused and indecisive. However, Without the Fluker and Carson injuries--maybe a different outcome.

Joey Hunt is no D.J. Fluker. If Fluker goes down, maybe better to put Hunt at Center and move Britt over to guard. Hunt is simply not big and physical enough. Or why didn't we see Pocic put in at Guard instead of Hunt? Pocic hurt? If Hunt has now beaten out Pocic for that backup G position... not a good look for our drafting, using a 2nd on Pocic IIRC.

Man, where is that giant Albanian dude we had when we need him?