Carson is a good back but

nwHawk

Reaction score
Too bad Penny didn't get more run after Carson went out. Davis just does ooze starter punch. We don't really know what Penny is at this point.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":2e27s7ae said:
Too bad Penny didn't get more run after Carson went out. Davis just does ooze starter punch. We don't really know what Penny is at this point.

We know Penny shouldn't be returning kicks.

If he returns one more kickoff this season, I'm going to lose it.
It seriously looks like he's not pressing the sprint button.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3l59tt6i said:
nwHawk":3l59tt6i said:

LOL. True though.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He looked awesome to start the game, 8 carries for 40 yards. Must have flared up on him at half time. Davis is a nice spell back but isn't starting quality. Penny looks very disappointing so far, Pete even pulled him from kick return duty because he just jogs out to the 15 yard line every time. No burst, very hesitant to punch it through the line, don't think I've seen him break a tackle yet.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sorry Davis is better than Penny period. Penny showed up fat to camp and has spent all season burning it off. He doesnt deserve to be the number 2 at this point

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":m6l7gknh said:
nwHawk":m6l7gknh said:

But.....He is very consistent with his 15 yard returns. :(

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":1ume2ugg said:
Jerhawk":1ume2ugg said:
nwHawk":1ume2ugg said:

But.....He is very consistent with his 15 yard returns. :(

The only thing that was consistent all game. :stirthepot:

getnasty

Reaction score
Needs to be able to stay on the field because he's a difference maker when he's out there. As far as Penny goes he just looks so slow and unexplosive I'm not sure what happen to the guy who I think holds the ncaa record for return touchdowns but I don't see it right now.

Beren

Reaction score
getnasty":2dktloaj said:
Needs to be able to stay on the field because he's a difference maker when he's out there. As far as Penny goes he just looks so slow and unexplosive I'm not sure what happen to the guy who I think holds the ncaa record for return touchdowns but I don't see it right now.

I don't want a mindless back like Rawls, but he never really seems to hit the hole with conviction or aggression. He's still young mind you, but just an observation.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Pretty much. As good as Carson is, he's not game changing. He's a solid B+ back that paired with a good to great QB can make things happen. It reminds me that I'd much prefer having a Leveon Bell, Melvin Gordon, etc. plus Wilson.

That said, we lost today because we were afraid to switch gears to pass first. Running the ball in the 4th down 2 scores, idiotic

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Carson is decent and hits the hole hard and is a bear to bring down. Problem is, he is never a threat to break one and I dont think he'll ever play a season of injury free ball. Stinks he's dinged up, because the Hawks are a better team with him for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
We lost because we were looking at the deep ball more then underneath stuff like on the second to the last drive, Wilson trying to do to much as well added to the situation. Davis was serviceable, more underneath stuff would have helped everything.

Rivers having all day the first half didn't help, we played much better on defense the second half and started to get some pressure.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This thread is garbage—What the hell do people expect, to have Walter Payton back there for us? Carson’s run already for 3 100 yard games but people are bitching because he’s not Melvin Gordon or Laveon Bell?? Yes it’s unfortunate he’s missed 1 1/2 games this year but for people to whine because he hasn’t broken a 70 yarder is absurd.

With limited carries, he’s ran for 457, 4.4 this year. Lynch spoiled many of you-trust me it could be a lot worse. Of the problems with this team, Carson ain’t one of them.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon sucked his first year too. Give Penny a bit of time.
Carson will always be at risk for injury given his style. We need a decent stable like most teams.
And Gordon missed two games. Backs get hurt.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":szo0aphb said:
This thread is garbage—What the hell do people expect, to have Walter Payton back there for us? Carson’s run already for 3 100 yard games but people are bitching because he’s not Melvin Gordon or Laveon Bell?? Yes it’s unfortunate he’s missed 1 1/2 games this year but for people to whine because he hasn’t broken a 70 yarder is absurd.

With limited carries, he’s ran for 457, 4.4 this year. Lynch spoiled many of you-trust me it could be a lot worse. Of the problems with this team, Carson ain’t one of them.

Carson isn’t the problem. The coaching staff and usage of their running backs is a problem. Penny needs to be1A, Carson 1B, and Davis out of the rotation. Hawks need to see how the Saints rotate their 1A/1B. As I have said plenty of times.... Carson is Marion Barber, Tim Hightower, Chris Ivory type.... type that can’t sustain weekly with that amount of abuse. He has shown it throughout his college and NFL career.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":d7nwdp78 said:
Been saying this all along.

But you liked Eddie Lacy, so I'm sorry to say nobody is going to listen to you when it comes to RBs.