O line

LTH

Reaction score
Before the game I was worried about the Hawks pass protection... I knew that at some point a team would make adjustments against the run and make Wilson beat them... But I think the pass protection was decent I thought those sacks were coverage sacks...Wilson had all day to throw the ball I think the chargers secondary did a really good job....

thoughts?

LTH

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The O-Line bled for Russ out there to give him time. I'd say the Chargers secondary is good, but it's also Russ either not seeing his receivers (short) or not wanting to take what he may consider to be risky throws.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hunt looks like a Hobit out there in place of Fluker.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Gus Bradley knew how to confuse Russell and take away his primary reads and make him play from his non-strengths. Russell and Schotty did not adjust quickly enough. Plus, SD has a pretty deep and talented roster. I'm going to credit our opponent this time. That and the Fluker and Carson injuries. Russ had no security blanket today.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
olyfan63":1u6ct5oy said:
Gus Bradley knew how to confuse Russell and take away his primary reads and make him play from his non-strengths. Russell and Schotty did not adjust quickly enough. Plus, SD has a pretty deep and talented roster. I'm going to credit our opponent this time. That and the Fluker and Carson injuries. Russ had no security blanket today.

How come there is no like button? Strong, smart, thought!

LTH

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LTH":381w6cgg said:
Before the game I was worried about the Hawks pass protection... I knew that at some point a team would make adjustments against the run and make Wilson beat them... But I think the pass protection was decent I thought those sacks were coverage sacks...Wilson had all day to throw the ball I think the chargers secondary did a really good job....

thoughts?

LTH

O-Line didn't dominate today but held their own for the most part but seemed a bit gassed by the 4th.

If anything I'd say Russ let them down this time more than vice-versa and that's certainly a change.

I also noticed how Russ kind of seems to tune out Pete more and more. Wonder if there's a bit of tension there.

Anyways, we got outplayed by a better team. It happens.

Looking forward to the next one.

GO HAWKS!

strohmin

Reaction score
O-line gave Russ more than enough time to make plays and Russ failed

Scorpion05

Reaction score
O-Line held up at times and fell apart at times. Not on the sacks however, which a couple were on Wilson.

We didn’t dominate the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. I also felt like we called a poor game. We should have switched to pass first A LOT sooner than we did. People will argue that Gus confused Russ and that might be true. But I think the hesitancy and lack of confidence in calling pass plays did us in. The Chargers stopped what we did well, and it was like we had no back up plan. We kept calling stupid running plays which were fooling no one, when in reality we needed to simply go “Okay Russ, it’s your show. We’ll sink or swim on your arm.” Also, barely any read options in the 1st half.

Like I said in another thread, ironically that was our entire offense last year. We couldn’t buy an opening drive or first half offense, but in this game we did, but couldn’t finish. We basically needed 2017 Wilson to come alive when the game plan failed. But instead we ran the offense like Russ is some rookie QB that needs to be protected from himself like Trubisky once the game plan fails. Schotty and Wilson need to work on that, that was not the “2nd half Wilson” we’re used to

Seafan

Reaction score
Pass Pro was excellent. A couple penalties but three sacks and one false start on Russ. Russ was off.

Reaction score
Seafan":3744l2mq said:
Pass Pro was excellent. A couple penalties but three sacks and one false start on Russ. Russ was off.
I wouldn't call it excellent but to each it's own I guess!

xray

Reaction score
Wilson looked like he did in games 1 & 2 this year...clueless . The OL weren't as good but Wilson was the weak link on offense. IMO