We looked flat

chris98251

Reaction score
Not sure if it was the emotion of the day, but with what happened it can take the steam out a team after last weeks emotional performance against the Lions.

What I did see, Wilson trying to do to much, took some sacks that he should have went underneath with, Carson being hurt was a issue but Davis was playing well, Penny contributed.

With Rivers you need to get push inside, you need to harass him, we didn't do a lot of that until the second half where things started to get to him a few times.

Throw in the Officials and we were playing 11 on 13 or 14 guys this game, we have seen this before.

The Pick 6 they were sitting on that, it was something they obviously seen the play and were tipped somehow, a pump fake and a pass over the top and we have a TD there, Wilson has to see that guy baiting him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I thought Wilson played like shit during several stretches of the game. Without Carson he looked out of sync and just holds on the ball way too long. The pick 6 was horrendous. He looked good on the last drive but thanks to JR Sneezy it made it tough to finish it off. I just dont think Wilson can carry this team without a very good run game.

getnasty

Reaction score
I know Russ is the man but he looks so out of it until he needs to be.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ant1h18 said:
I thought Wilson played like shit during several stretches of the game. Without Carson he looked out of sync and just holds on the ball way too long. The pick 6 was horrendous. He looked good on the last drive but thanks to JR Sneezy it made it tough to finish it off. I just dont think Wilson can carry this team without a very good run game.

Wilson definitely has presented himself to be the kind of QB that NEEDS a run game to be successful. If you ask him to bare the burden on his own then his odds really seem to split down the middle.

Beren

Reaction score
It was a bad day, and after our recent resurgence, it's tough to take but the path back to being dominant was always going to have bumps in the road.

In terms of positives, I thought the defence did really well to step up and stop a really good Chargers team. I seemed to notice more of an emphasis on trying to turn the ball over when the Chargers were pinned back - which helped Gordon, then they seemed to tighten up as Chargers came down the field.

There's no getting away from the fact that Wilson had a really, really bad game. He held onto the ball too long, didn't throw it away and underthrew more than his fair share.

The coaching was baffling. Continually running it while two scores down and 6 minutes left was asinine. That we had a chance to tie it up on the last play was not due to the coaching but in spite of it. Also pretty disappointing were the draaw plays really early on, when we were 3rd long. Really waving the white flag in respect of our confidence in our passing game.

Still have the nucleus for a promising team but we're missing a few pieces and came up against a more complete, better coached offence. Hopefully they continue to grow this season. I don't expect the playoffs this year but hope they continue to fight to get there and Wilson shakes some bad habits he's picked up from having a poor line.

The zeebs were terrible. I was astounded by that OPI on David Moore, truly astounded

Get well soon Carson!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
He definitely didn't see the guy sitting on the pick 6. He did have a bad game.
Things that hurt in this game?
Some lazy looking play from the D early. Gordon was sailing yachts thru the holes he was given.
Flags. Wow! Some were legit and some not. But Wow.
Injuries to Carson, Fluker
Wilson looking lost at times. Like 2 qtrs worth of time.

I'll wait til more info comes out during the week before I judge. But looks like they weren't ready for this game.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Russ did have a bad game. Besides the pick 6 he held the ball waaay to long on his sacks. Is it me or was there not a lot of read options this game? It also seems like there is a lot of miss communication on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we will get this ironed out as the season progresses.

justafan

Reaction score
We didnt play well in many areas.Not sure why but it happens. When they play a team with that much talent you cant play sloppy.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Wilson in particular wasn't on point as he was last week after the bye.

The Chargers on the other hand, were rested and prepared.

Still, the game was in reach.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wilson had a bad game. Losing Carson certainly did not help but even with a healthy Carson I still think Wilson would have played the same. Just one of his off games he seems to have once a year. The refs were not great to put it mildly but nowhere near the reason for our loss. We played flat, Pete and the coaching staff couldn't get out of their own way between clock management and play calling, IMO.

Defense adjusted good in the second half, kept forcing 3-and-outs but at the end of the day they did not play Championship Football and it showed.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Moore has to make that catch. That looked like an easy catch that should of been made. Not sure we would of converted the two point conversion but he has to make that catch. This is Sunday not Saturday.

Also, was Vanette wide open in the middle on the last PI play? Looked like he was open on the goal line in the middle.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Moore has to make that catch. That looked like an easy catch that should of been made. Not sure we would of converted the two point conversion but he has to make that catch. This is Sunday not Saturday.

Also, was Vanette wide open in the middle on the last PI play? Looked like he was open on the goal line in the middle.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":yhvvwv6c said:

No, he wasn't. The LB passed him off so he looked open, but the safety was standing at the goal line.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RW trying to do too much? I would've loved to even see RW try today.

LTH

Reaction score
What I saw was a really good defensive game plan against the Hawks...but it really wasn't perfect because the hawks controlled their own destiny and dropped the pass that would have put them into position to win the game. So say what you will about Wilson... Bottom line is he put them into position to win the game even though he had a bad game. sometimes you just get beat no matter what you do or how good you are in the NFL... Tis the nature of the game...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Believe it or not, most teams in the league have games where they just don't have it. Including the best teams.

xray

Reaction score
The truth hurts ; but the Hawks still have not beat a good team yet...

xray

Reaction score
Maybe you should change your record...your silly optimism looks narrow and out of touch with reality...