Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Outclassed

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:04 pm
  • I think today was a reality check. The past few weeks was all unicorns, fudge sundaes and rainbows. Today was a reality check. Stop reading the clippings about how much improved you are and fight for every down, every game.

    This team looked flat, uninspired. The opening drive was the outlier unfortunately. We looked outclassed many times, AT HOME when we had every reason to play inspired football being the first home game since Paul Allen's passing. Hell, even they simulated Paul raising the flag!!

    Russell usually has one stinker per year. He sure chose a poor game to have his stinker. He made plays here and there but he just didn't play anywhere near his best today. Bad throws, horrible sacks...Very disappointing. The defense showed their youth in the first half but to their credit really buckled down in the second half. Still, losing Carson was an issue but the offense never looked fully in synch and that whole "Impose Your Will" they have been displaying with unapologetic prowess this past month? Nowhere to be found today.

    The Seahawks looked like the Week 1/2 Seahawks today. Not the Seahawks we have been watching in recent weeks and what a shame.

    Hat's off to the Chargers. They are a LEGIT contender in the league and they came into our house and made it look relatively easy.

    Sigh.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 pm
  • IDK, it was trending that way. But the D stepped up in the second half and caused 3 & outs, got a few key sacks and PBU's in crucial situations.
    We got game planned for from a team coming off a Bye week and got punched early. I was impressed with how the D clamped down when they needed to.

    the Offense, on the other hand, was disappointing, the pick six was a death blow...
    User avatar
    TruHawkFan9.0
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:59 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 pm
  • This game was filled with lots if coulda, woulda, shouldas.
    Some calls went against us, LAC was handed a free TD on a missed call.
    We lost our starting right guard, whose been the offensive MVP so far, and our starting running back.

    After all of that, for the game to come down to a dropped pass in the end zone, is something to hang your hat on imo. This is their 5th straight game with over 150 rushing yards.

    Scotty called some bone headed run plays, Wilson threw a back breaking pick six, and our D didn't get a turnover for the first time all season.

    Things just didn't go the Hawks way today.
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2544
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 pm
  • Good post Aros.

    We can quibble over specific calls, decisions, plays etc - but they had us at arm's length since they took the lead. We're a young team but we've got a way to go.
    Beren
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:50 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 pm
  • The better team won, plain and simple.

    We were only in it due to a bad day on the part of their kicker.

    I agree that today was a reality check. We got to see first hand what happens when we are down two scores and are forced to throw, and it looked just like the first two weeks.

    The defense is fools gold. They aren’t nearly as good as the numbers say. Today was the first of a month long stretch where we will see some of the best quarterbacks in the league.

    I still say we are a 7-9 team at the end of the season.
    ben@thetabs
    User avatar
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 250
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 am
    Location: Ephrata, WA


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:24 pm
  • I said it in another post, we beat teams we should have, we are not having to learn how to beat teams that are considered contenders. Another learning curve and a step up of our game.

    This is what you have when your rebuilding, small victories and experience to get your next level of achievement and contention, it will come, but not overnight sometimes.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:30 pm
  • Let's not forget top to bottom the Chargers are better. Factor in some shitty officiating and a bad game by our qb and almost pulled it off. Predicted this as a loss either way.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6114
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:31 pm
  • Totally agree Aros

    As for those being down on our team I will say this. Teams always lose because they don’t play as well as they could have. The Chargers will have bad weeks and so will any good to great team in this league. If the Chargers are as great as everyone says they are, then being beaten by them isn’t the end of the world.

    Spot on with saying we looked closer to Weeks 1-2. I noticed zero read option plays in the first half. No creativity to throw the defense off. We put no pressure on the defense, we showed no versatility. When a team has an excellent game plan you have to adjust, and we didn’t. Couple that with Russ being off and that’s what we get
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:32 pm
  • The game was totally different from the high energy, high scoring shoot out I expected from both sides.

    I was surprised to see the Chargers punting to us so many times after not scoring. I expected higher scores on their side (especially after seeing how fresh their legs were) so I agree that the defense did a good job holding them back.

    The 25-17 score implies a closer game then if actually was.
    BleuEyedHawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 66
    Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:05 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:03 pm
  • Well, I was very disappointed in the 2nd quarter, and frustrated that we lost but if you told me before the game that we would lose Carson, Fluker and McDougal I w would uld have expected to lose.

    That said, young teams aren't perfect and need to learn through the good and bad. They'll get there. I still believe in this team, but they did get jobbed at times during today's game.

    Rivers was the better QB today, and Seattle's lack of depth showed up today.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1001
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:06 pm
  • Pick six was a killer. I think that was the second one this year on the same play against the Bears. Maybe we don’t call that one anymore.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:09 pm
  • With the Breeders Cup yesterday, I’m reminded we’re like a talented allowance horse, early in its career— we can beat the maidens and claimers and maybe win a Grade 3, but we’re not ready for Grade I company yet. Give it some time.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2011
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:19 pm
  • I was wondering if our D would drop with the harder part of the schedule. But I don’t blame them too much. A few missed tackles hurt though. What kills is the bogus officiating and Russell regressing to worse than average QB play. One of those we could handle not both.
    User avatar
    evergreen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 552
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm
  • I don't know that we were outclassed. We were within striking distance the entire time and if Wilson plays a decent game we win it.

    He made some plays at the end but his previous errors were why we were in do or die.

    I'm not saying throw him out but I found myself disappointed by his play most of all. And frustrated that he played perfectly last week when the dominant run game required less of him, and poorly this week when we needed him to pick the team up.

    One bad game is all it is but the loss was on him I felt.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8491
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:37 pm
  • The Seahawks got beat by the superior team.

    Gordon ran over the Seahawks.

    Rivers picked apart the secondary.

    The better team won today.

    The Seahawks coaches were also out coached by the Chargers coaches.

    Give the Chargers their credit, they are the superior team.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 766
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:41 pm
  • The good news is I don’t feel suddenly sick to my stomach about the game. Sure we would have and could have won this game if we were playing at our full capabilities but we didn’t. It happens. Every year. Games you want back. What concerns me is this trend we have developed where we win more on the road then we do at home.

    What the hell? Why are we no longer the most feared place to play in the NFL?!
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:48 pm
  • We were not outclassed. The stats are about even. Take away that gifted out of bounds TD and we are kicking a field goal inside of trying to get a TD at the end, just saying. The refs beat us not the chargers. We had a bad game i get it but that gifted TD was a BS call.
    hawks85
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 357
    Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:55 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:54 pm
  • Aros wrote:The good news is I don’t feel suddenly sick to my stomach about the game. Sure we would have and could have won this game if we were playing at our full capabilities but we didn’t. It happens. Every year. Games you want back. What concerns me is this trend we have developed where we win more on the road then we do at home.

    What the hell? Why are we no longer the most feared place to play in the NFL?!

    More so teams have the personnel to counter the Seahawks strengths.

    The blueprint is there. Get yourself a solid offensive line, a good running back and an accurate QB and you can beat the Seahawks in Seattle.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 766
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:55 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:The Seahawks got beat by the superior team.

    Gordon ran over the Seahawks.

    Rivers picked apart the secondary.

    The better team won today.

    The Seahawks coaches were also out coached by the Chargers coaches.

    Give the Chargers their credit, they are the superior team.

    Nope I refuse to say that. If it was a shoot out type of game and they did a better job etc...then yes i would accept the loss, BUT that out of bounds TD and all the bad calls is going to sit with me for a long time. That could be our whole season out the window. We played bad but should have taken that game.
    hawks85
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 357
    Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:55 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:55 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:We were not outclassed. The stats are about even. Take away that gifted out of bounds TD and we are kicking a field goal inside of trying to get a TD at the end, just saying. The refs beat us not the chargers. We had a bad game i get it but that gifted TD was a BS call.


    Perhaps outclassed is a touch strong but the better team won today. We will get there. Just not there quite yet.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:57 pm
  • cjcinec56 wrote:Pick six was a killer. I think that was the second one this year on the same play against the Bears. Maybe we don’t call that one anymore.


    Looked nearly the same as the Chicago pick six to me. Same side, same area thrown to, same result.

    Russell needs to look extra long and hard at the film to get this one figured out. Or as you suggest, Schotty needs to remove it from the playbook.

    So far this thread is a breath of fresh air. We were beaten by a good team that played better than we did today. Many lessons to be learned.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2099
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:10 pm
  • I'm not sure how you could say we weren't outclassed...

    Chargers could get yardage at will.

    For the Hawks, it felt like ground hog day--anything over 3rd and 5 and it was nail biting time.

    Russell was terrible this game. Held on the ball way too long, took unnecessary sacks that resulted in 3rd and too long. And that 'hurry up' offense just before the half? How is it that any legitimate NFL team can matriculate the ball using the sideline passes and dink/dunk while we run the ball getting 3 or 4 yards and then pass over the middle and are forced to use all 3 timeouts!?

    I can't remember Russell throwing something on time/rhythm...he holds on too long for his receiver to work his way open. The only timing pass I remember was the pick 6!

    I think our 4 victories have been fools' gold; Pete Carroll needs to tone down his forever optimism and put some blame on his golden child Russell, hold him accountable...
    User avatar
    doctorsubie
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 am
    Location: Kirkland


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:11 pm
  • We got beat by the Chargers who did a better of job of winning the game and played to win.

    We didn't. We lost because of it.

    I saw the Chargers passing on 3rd and 16. I saw us calling runs up the middle on 3rd and 24. That is all you need to know.

    I think if we had Carson we might have won, but playing like you have the lead when you are behind? That is going to lose you more games than it wins you.

    Disappointing.

    I wish we could have won this just because of the Paul Allen symbolism. But we aren't a great team anymore. It does NOT mean we are not a good team.

    We lost a game at home against a very good Charger team that tends to match up against us well. Our coaching staff did us no favors but I didn't see how we would win this but for home team 'magic'. Not only did the magic not show up but the referees repeatedly screwed us. It happens.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:13 pm
  • doctorsubie wrote:I'm not sure how you could say we weren't outclassed...

    Chargers could get yardage at will.

    For the Hawks, it felt like ground hog day--anything over 3rd and 5 and it was nail biting time.

    Russell was terrible this game. Held on the ball way too long, took unnecessary sacks that resulted in 3rd and too long. And that 'hurry up' offense just before the half? How is it that any legitimate NFL team can matriculate the ball using the sideline passes and dink/dunk while we run the ball getting 3 or 4 yards and then pass over the middle and are forced to use all 3 timeouts!?

    I can't remember Russell throwing something on time/rhythm...he holds on too long for his receiver to work his way open. The only timing pass I remember was the pick 6!

    I think our 4 victories have been fools' gold; Pete Carroll needs to tone down his forever optimism and put some blame on his golden child Russell, hold him accountable...


    I don’t know you yet. Welcome to NET. I don’t agree with everything you said but you had me at your avatar.

    Well played.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    doctorsubie wrote:I'm not sure how you could say we weren't outclassed...

    Chargers could get yardage at will.

    For the Hawks, it felt like ground hog day--anything over 3rd and 5 and it was nail biting time.

    Russell was terrible this game. Held on the ball way too long, took unnecessary sacks that resulted in 3rd and too long. And that 'hurry up' offense just before the half? How is it that any legitimate NFL team can matriculate the ball using the sideline passes and dink/dunk while we run the ball getting 3 or 4 yards and then pass over the middle and are forced to use all 3 timeouts!?

    I can't remember Russell throwing something on time/rhythm...he holds on too long for his receiver to work his way open. The only timing pass I remember was the pick 6!

    I think our 4 victories have been fools' gold; Pete Carroll needs to tone down his forever optimism and put some blame on his golden child Russell, hold him accountable...


    I don’t know you yet. Welcome to NET. I don’t agree with everything you said but you had me at your avatar.

    Well played.



    I was replying to hawks85's statement that we weren't outclassed, I agree 100% that we were indeed...
    User avatar
    doctorsubie
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 am
    Location: Kirkland


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:20 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:We were not outclassed. The stats are about even. Take away that gifted out of bounds TD and we are kicking a field goal inside of trying to get a TD at the end, just saying. The refs beat us not the chargers. We had a bad game i get it but that gifted TD was a BS call.


    I’m sorry but blaming the officiating is for losers. Chargers outplayed the Seahawks today. Quit whining.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:20 pm
  • Actually, this wasn't the worst game to lose in our schedule. It was a non-conference game, so if we get to where tie breakers matter for the WC spot, this was one of the less important ones. I know it feels that way because of the PGA situation and it being a home game and all, but next week is much more important.

    :stirthepot:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15406
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:43 pm
  • sutz wrote:Actually, this wasn't the worst game to lose in our schedule. It was a non-conference game, so if we get to where tie breakers matter for the WC spot, this was one of the less important ones. I know it feels that way because of the PGA situation and it being a home game and all, but next week is much more important.

    :stirthepot:


    100% agree. This hurts because of the Paul angle naturally, and that it was another home game squandered. But in the grand scheme of things, you would rather lose to a non-conference opponent any day.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 pm
  • Aros wrote:I think today was a reality check. The past few weeks was all unicorns, fudge sundaes and rainbows. Today was a reality check. Stop reading the clippings about how much improved you are and fight for every down, every game.

    This team looked flat, uninspired. The opening drive was the outlier unfortunately. We looked outclassed many times, AT HOME when we had every reason to play inspired football being the first home game since Paul Allen's passing. Hell, even they simulated Paul raising the flag!!

    Russell usually has one stinker per year. He sure chose a poor game to have his stinker. He made plays here and there but he just didn't play anywhere near his best today. Bad throws, horrible sacks...Very disappointing. The defense showed their youth in the first half but to their credit really buckled down in the second half. Still, losing Carson was an issue but the offense never looked fully in synch and that whole "Impose Your Will" they have been displaying with unapologetic prowess this past month? Nowhere to be found today.

    The Seahawks looked like the Week 1/2 Seahawks today. Not the Seahawks we have been watching in recent weeks and what a shame.

    Hat's off to the Chargers. They are a LEGIT contender in the league and they came into our house and made it look relatively easy.

    Sigh.



    I don't agree I don't think they were out classed because they were in position to win the game... the D held the chargers O scoreless in the second half... Moore just dropped the ball one that he catches 99% of the time... It was a GB D the chargers game planned really well and the Hawks just didn't execute when it was critical... just my take

    LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 469
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm
  • Aros wrote:I think today was a reality check. The past few weeks was all unicorns, fudge sundaes and rainbows. Today was a reality check. Stop reading the clippings about how much improved you are and fight for every down, every game.

    This team looked flat, uninspired. The opening drive was the outlier unfortunately. We looked outclassed many times, AT HOME when we had every reason to play inspired football being the first home game since Paul Allen's passing. Hell, even they simulated Paul raising the flag!!

    Russell usually has one stinker per year. He sure chose a poor game to have his stinker. He made plays here and there but he just didn't play anywhere near his best today. Bad throws, horrible sacks...Very disappointing. The defense showed their youth in the first half but to their credit really buckled down in the second half. Still, losing Carson was an issue but the offense never looked fully in synch and that whole "Impose Your Will" they have been displaying with unapologetic prowess this past month? Nowhere to be found today.

    The Seahawks looked like the Week 1/2 Seahawks today. Not the Seahawks we have been watching in recent weeks and what a shame.

    Hat's off to the Chargers. They are a LEGIT contender in the league and they came into our house and made it look relatively easy.

    Sigh.

    On a few plays? ^ yeah, BUT, Officiating was lopsided in favor to the Electricians on some crucial times throughout the game + Injuries to Fluker & Carson were just too much for Wilson & the Coaching staff to overcome.
    Wilson seems to be hurt (lawd I hope not), but something BESIDES the shitty Officiating was amiss today.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:21 pm
  • Even Kurt Warner said the hawks were to predictable on 1st and
    2nd down since Pete said we were going to run the ball. We can still run the
    Ball but switch it up with pass plays and play action on 1st and 2nd down.
    That’s why our run game went stale. They gambled we would run.
    stack55
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:06 am


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:22 pm
  • LTH wrote:I don't agree I don't think they were out classed because they were in position to win the game... the D held the chargers O scoreless in the second half... Moore just dropped the ball one that he catches 99% of the time... It was a GB D the chargers game planned really well and the Hawks just didn't execute when it was critical... just my take,


    You can still be in a position to win the game but that doesn't tell the tale of the entire game where it was pretty obvious to most people watching that the Chargers were the better team today. Now I get that some are all wound up with my choice of words. Maybe I should have said "Out Coached" or "Out Smarted". Would that make us feel better? Meh. I don't much get up in arms about semantics.

    At the end of the day the Seahawks played rather uninspiring when they should have played their MOST inspired football game of the season given the scope and nature of the game (Paul's Tribute and Passing). All those 12's in attendance were expecting a much better performance, especially offensively, then they saw today. Why didn't they get that? Good question. Youth? Just coming in unexpectedly flat? Russ having his annual craptastic performance? It wasn't one thing. It was a myriad of factors that conspired for a loss at home when this should have been a close win.

    I still think this team is on the rise. A loss at home to a non-conference, very, very good team isn't going to keep me up at night. In fact, these are the losses that almost always serve as learning lessons to a young team.

    Let it be so.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 pm
  • Not out classed, out experienced, Rivers took advantage of our young Corners and SS, one thing that did bug me was the fact that we didn't use the quick passing game in conjunction with the run early, it worked on the second to last drive pretty well. One knock on Schotty is he gets locked into the game plan and may not deviate if it is adjusted for.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Outclassed
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:03 pm
  • Philip knows this team and its defense. He’d carved up the LOB worse than the youngsters today. They were on the field a long time and still only gave up ~21 points.

    The offense and Wilson were frustrating today. Russ just looked lost, like at the beginning of the season, and didn’t know where to go with the ball. He was hanging on to it way too long (again), not using his outlets, not stepping up in the pocket, not throwing the ball away, etc.

    Did they put in some new package this week or something? I thought we were passed that; but it might just be a two steps forward, one step back kind of season.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 209
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:20 pm


Re: Outclassed
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:32 am
  • stack55 wrote:Even Kurt Warner said the hawks were to predictable on 1st and
    2nd down since Pete said we were going to run the ball. We can still run the
    Ball but switch it up with pass plays and play action on 1st and 2nd down.
    That’s why our run game went stale. They gambled we would run.

    This has been bugging me for a couple of games now. Sure, we want to run, but running 6-7 times in a row will sooner or later catch up to us. I predict we'll pass more on first down next week. Maybe we were saving that one up?

    :34853_doh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15406
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Outclassed
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:11 am
  • stack55 wrote:Even Kurt Warner said the hawks were to predictable on 1st and
    2nd down since Pete said we were going to run the ball. We can still run the
    Ball but switch it up with pass plays and play action on 1st and 2nd down.
    That’s why our run game went stale. They gambled we would run.


    Yeah he said it, but it wasn't true. I know he said it before Russell tossed the interception, so decided to collate the play-calling to that point to confirm my suspicions.

    We ran 12 times for 48 yards on first down (plus another 5 yard scramble on a passing play), and dropped back 10 times (11 if you include the scramble), tossing for 98 yards, a TD, one incompletion and a sack.

    Of the 12 designed rushing plays, only 2 went for negative yardage (-2 each time), and 2 went for 1 yard - one of which was a designed RW keeper, and the other was called back for a holding penalty anyway, so didn't cost anything... apart from the sack RW took on the next play to make it 2 and 24.
    The rest went for 15, 5, 5, 7, 4,4,3, 8

    Our problem wasn't that we were rushing too much on first down, it was the long sacks and penalties that forced us into 3rd and long multiple times, and the terrible playcalling that we made in those positions.

    The defense held Rivers to just 13 completions on 26 attempts, and 0 points in the second half. They rushed all over us yes, but it was still a game of margins. Calls like the OPI on Moore (which ruled out a third down conversion and led to the missed FG) added to it. It was definitely a tough day at the office and I thought we'd be better, but in no way do I think we were outclassed. When you consider the defense managed to get the ball back with enough time on the clock for the offense to get up and almost throw a game-tying score, you have to say that this was a team that maybe played badly but was still fighting at the death. That's the opposite of being outclassed.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3381
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Outclassed
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:38 am
  • A second class effort @ home. Carson goes out and Wilson looked clueless . The Chargers were just plain better from QB to coaching. Word of advise....spend less time practicing the " TOUCHDOWN SKITS " and more time practicing pass rush and simple tackling . And lets not forget 83 yards in penalties....bye bye Playoffs.... :pukeface:
    User avatar
    xray
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 am
    Location: AZ




It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online