Outclassed

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think today was a reality check. The past few weeks was all unicorns, fudge sundaes and rainbows. Today was a reality check. Stop reading the clippings about how much improved you are and fight for every down, every game.

This team looked flat, uninspired. The opening drive was the outlier unfortunately. We looked outclassed many times, AT HOME when we had every reason to play inspired football being the first home game since Paul Allen's passing. Hell, even they simulated Paul raising the flag!!

Russell usually has one stinker per year. He sure chose a poor game to have his stinker. He made plays here and there but he just didn't play anywhere near his best today. Bad throws, horrible sacks...Very disappointing. The defense showed their youth in the first half but to their credit really buckled down in the second half. Still, losing Carson was an issue but the offense never looked fully in synch and that whole "Impose Your Will" they have been displaying with unapologetic prowess this past month? Nowhere to be found today.

The Seahawks looked like the Week 1/2 Seahawks today. Not the Seahawks we have been watching in recent weeks and what a shame.

Hat's off to the Chargers. They are a LEGIT contender in the league and they came into our house and made it look relatively easy.

Sigh.

TruHawkFan9.0

Reaction score
IDK, it was trending that way. But the D stepped up in the second half and caused 3 & outs, got a few key sacks and PBU's in crucial situations.
We got game planned for from a team coming off a Bye week and got punched early. I was impressed with how the D clamped down when they needed to.

the Offense, on the other hand, was disappointing, the pick six was a death blow...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This game was filled with lots if coulda, woulda, shouldas.
Some calls went against us, LAC was handed a free TD on a missed call.
We lost our starting right guard, whose been the offensive MVP so far, and our starting running back.

After all of that, for the game to come down to a dropped pass in the end zone, is something to hang your hat on imo. This is their 5th straight game with over 150 rushing yards.

Scotty called some bone headed run plays, Wilson threw a back breaking pick six, and our D didn't get a turnover for the first time all season.

Things just didn't go the Hawks way today.

Beren

Reaction score
Good post Aros.

We can quibble over specific calls, decisions, plays etc - but they had us at arm's length since they took the lead. We're a young team but we've got a way to go.

THE TABS

Reaction score
The better team won, plain and simple.

We were only in it due to a bad day on the part of their kicker.

I agree that today was a reality check. We got to see first hand what happens when we are down two scores and are forced to throw, and it looked just like the first two weeks.

The defense is fools gold. They aren’t nearly as good as the numbers say. Today was the first of a month long stretch where we will see some of the best quarterbacks in the league.

I still say we are a 7-9 team at the end of the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
I said it in another post, we beat teams we should have, we are not having to learn how to beat teams that are considered contenders. Another learning curve and a step up of our game.

This is what you have when your rebuilding, small victories and experience to get your next level of achievement and contention, it will come, but not overnight sometimes.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Let's not forget top to bottom the Chargers are better. Factor in some shitty officiating and a bad game by our qb and almost pulled it off. Predicted this as a loss either way.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Totally agree Aros

As for those being down on our team I will say this. Teams always lose because they don’t play as well as they could have. The Chargers will have bad weeks and so will any good to great team in this league. If the Chargers are as great as everyone says they are, then being beaten by them isn’t the end of the world.

Spot on with saying we looked closer to Weeks 1-2. I noticed zero read option plays in the first half. No creativity to throw the defense off. We put no pressure on the defense, we showed no versatility. When a team has an excellent game plan you have to adjust, and we didn’t. Couple that with Russ being off and that’s what we get

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
The game was totally different from the high energy, high scoring shoot out I expected from both sides.

I was surprised to see the Chargers punting to us so many times after not scoring. I expected higher scores on their side (especially after seeing how fresh their legs were) so I agree that the defense did a good job holding them back.

The 25-17 score implies a closer game then if actually was.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Well, I was very disappointed in the 2nd quarter, and frustrated that we lost but if you told me before the game that we would lose Carson, Fluker and McDougal I w would uld have expected to lose.

That said, young teams aren't perfect and need to learn through the good and bad. They'll get there. I still believe in this team, but they did get jobbed at times during today's game.

Rivers was the better QB today, and Seattle's lack of depth showed up today.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
Pick six was a killer. I think that was the second one this year on the same play against the Bears. Maybe we don’t call that one anymore.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
With the Breeders Cup yesterday, I’m reminded we’re like a talented allowance horse, early in its career— we can beat the maidens and claimers and maybe win a Grade 3, but we’re not ready for Grade I company yet. Give it some time.

evergreen

Reaction score
I was wondering if our D would drop with the harder part of the schedule. But I don’t blame them too much. A few missed tackles hurt though. What kills is the bogus officiating and Russell regressing to worse than average QB play. One of those we could handle not both.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't know that we were outclassed. We were within striking distance the entire time and if Wilson plays a decent game we win it.

He made some plays at the end but his previous errors were why we were in do or die.

I'm not saying throw him out but I found myself disappointed by his play most of all. And frustrated that he played perfectly last week when the dominant run game required less of him, and poorly this week when we needed him to pick the team up.

One bad game is all it is but the loss was on him I felt.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Seahawks got beat by the superior team.

Gordon ran over the Seahawks.

Rivers picked apart the secondary.

The better team won today.

The Seahawks coaches were also out coached by the Chargers coaches.

Give the Chargers their credit, they are the superior team.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The good news is I don’t feel suddenly sick to my stomach about the game. Sure we would have and could have won this game if we were playing at our full capabilities but we didn’t. It happens. Every year. Games you want back. What concerns me is this trend we have developed where we win more on the road then we do at home.

What the hell? Why are we no longer the most feared place to play in the NFL?!

hawks85

Reaction score
We were not outclassed. The stats are about even. Take away that gifted out of bounds TD and we are kicking a field goal inside of trying to get a TD at the end, just saying. The refs beat us not the chargers. We had a bad game i get it but that gifted TD was a BS call.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aros":1d7h9m8g said:
The good news is I don’t feel suddenly sick to my stomach about the game. Sure we would have and could have won this game if we were playing at our full capabilities but we didn’t. It happens. Every year. Games you want back. What concerns me is this trend we have developed where we win more on the road then we do at home.

What the hell? Why are we no longer the most feared place to play in the NFL?!
More so teams have the personnel to counter the Seahawks strengths.

The blueprint is there. Get yourself a solid offensive line, a good running back and an accurate QB and you can beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

hawks85

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":38mecrlq said:
The Seahawks got beat by the superior team.

Gordon ran over the Seahawks.

Rivers picked apart the secondary.

The better team won today.

The Seahawks coaches were also out coached by the Chargers coaches.

Give the Chargers their credit, they are the superior team.
Nope I refuse to say that. If it was a shoot out type of game and they did a better job etc...then yes i would accept the loss, BUT that out of bounds TD and all the bad calls is going to sit with me for a long time. That could be our whole season out the window. We played bad but should have taken that game.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawks85":1qwshhgr said:
We were not outclassed. The stats are about even. Take away that gifted out of bounds TD and we are kicking a field goal inside of trying to get a TD at the end, just saying. The refs beat us not the chargers. We had a bad game i get it but that gifted TD was a BS call.

Perhaps outclassed is a touch strong but the better team won today. We will get there. Just not there quite yet.