Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Wilson is not Elite

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Wilson is not Elite
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I would be curious to see how well Brady would have done here with our line and Bevell calling plays and not having a TE to bail him out since he would be required to block , or not use the middle of the field for fear of a turn over.

Brady probably wouldn't do well here, because his skillset would be stunted in Pete's offensive schemes and philosophy.

Pete even admitted after the Lions game "we're not going to fool anyone with what we're trying to do." Bellichick, McDaniels and Brady are successful because they're brilliant at their complex dynamic style of offense that changes game to game, and even series to series.

So "elite" is not the right word. "Effective" is the right word IMO, and 80% of the time Russell is very effective within the confines of our offense and what Pete asks him to do.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:41 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    rcaido wrote:What's the point of throwing the ball away when you can make things happen. Until the days he can no longer evade defenders is the day he needs to change his game. Right now he still able too, maybe not like he was a few years ago but probably still the best in the NFL in improvising and making plays.

My beef is that he doesn't hold the ball w/ read option. It seems like so many times he has it but elects to just give it to the RB. He needs to do this more just to keep the defense in check. We thrive so much when Wilson did this w/ Lynch.

I'd much rather him throw it away then take a 15 yard loss on a Sack. 3 and 8 is much better then 3rd and 23. In other words a drive killing sack. Wilson is the king of these. Its something you rarely see from Elite Qb's. He's regressed as a player. Blame it on loss of speed, lack of vision (being short) or just simply trying to do too much. Fact is he is going the wrong direction on player development. Its worrisome going forward to say the least. This is why I standby that he peaked in 2013.

I agree.

He's still better than the alternatives.

Though I'd be happy if he'd start throwing it away instead of the megasacks. Or just take the sack at the line of scrimmage instead of 20 yards behind it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I would be curious to see how well Brady would have done here with our line and Bevell calling plays and not having a TE to bail him out since he would be required to block , or not use the middle of the field for fear of a turn over.

Brady probably wouldn't do well here, because his skillset would be stunted in Pete's offensive schemes and philosophy.

Pete even admitted after the Lions game "we're not going to fool anyone with what we're trying to do." Bellichick, McDaniels and Brady are successful because they're brilliant at their complex dynamic style of offense that changes game to game, and even series to series.

So "elite" is not the right word. "Effective" is the right word IMO, and 80% of the time Russell is very effective within the confines of our offense and what Pete asks him to do.

This is what I was shooting for really. The fantasy stats don't matter when it comes down to it, it's wins and worth to your franchise.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information