The one thing the Hawks proved

LTH

Reaction score
95% they are always in position to win the game in the 4th...That's what makes this team exciting!! they can play with anyone in the NFL... learning to win those close games is a characteristic of a young team...

Thoughts?

knownone

Reaction score
We have a number of people claiming Wilson is not elite, Pete Carroll should be fired, the Seahawks were out coached, etc...

At the end of the day, they had a chance to tie the game on the last play. That's been the hallmark of Wilson and Carroll for years and it's probably the most under-appreciated part of their tenure together.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Where is the dang like button! :)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Terrible thread. They've been proving they can compete since 2012. At the end of the day it's the win that matters. The team is on pace for 8-8 no playoffs. That's not good enough.

xray

Reaction score
Would of..could of...should of...they played like crap...what was proven was that the Hawks have not beat a good team yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Does it physically hurt you to see someone have a positive outlook on something? Asking for a friend

xray

Reaction score
Just a fan that won't sugar coat crap play. That's for the cheerleading squad Skippy.

xray

Reaction score
No misery here...just sayin what i'm seein. If unfounded optimism is your thing than you must have better weed than me...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Crizilla":194tw5dt said:
Terrible thread. They've been proving they can compete since 2012. At the end of the day it's the win that matters. The team is on pace for 8-8 no playoffs. That's not good enough.

Wasn't this the year we tore the whole thing up to rebuild and signs of improvement were all we were wanting to see? Now 8-8 and no playoffs is not good enough.

If we compete agains the really good teams and beat the bad teams we should be around 9-7, 8-8. Which is probably about right for our youth and talent. 10-6 was always the top end of our expectations and its still out there but admittedly requires wins against Carolina, GB and Minny which I'm not holding much hope for.

The only thing I really am not digging about this year has been the decline of our legendary home field advantage. As a season ticket holder 5-7 in you last 12 home game is not good enough. Gotta perform in front of the home crowd. We're the ones dropping the big cash to be there.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I thought this team was a dumpster fire, Petes done better than I thought, I’d be ok with him coming back next year, but if we miss playoffs again this year and next he’s gone imo

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What the Hawks proved is what most people thought, that they're a young team that doesn't have the depth and overall talent to make big mistakes in key times of the game and beat a good team like the Chargers.

One crushing pick six and no Carson for the 2nd half was probably the difference in the game yesterday. Honestly I was disappointed with both Davis and Penny once Carson went out........because before that Carson was running well.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":39d5ikts said:
Crizilla":39d5ikts said:

Wasn't this the year we tore the whole thing up to rebuild and signs of improvement were all we were wanting to see? Now 8-8 and no playoffs is not good enough......

This.

Myself and many others called something near an 8-8 season give or take a game. We are right on target, and have shown improvement in some areas and have $62M cap to work with next year.

What you are seeing is right on target to coming back and competing in the playoffs in the next 1-2 years.

Get over it, you've been spoiled.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Crizilla":1juuozec said:

Dude... If you see your glass as half empty than get a smaller glass... :sarcasm_on: but the whining has got to stop...anything can happen in the NFL and the truth is the Hawks can still make the playoffs... This is a pretty good team and their is no reason to think they are done for the year... enjoy the fact that they are in position to win every game... dont tell me you were not on the edge of your seat the final play of the game...

LTH