Seahawks open as 10-point underdogs to Rams next Sunday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well after today that's no shocker.

But you're saying there's a chance. :p

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
If the Hawks play uninspired and sloppy football like they did today, they're going to get their collective asses handed to them by a pissed off Rams team playing at home.

xray

Reaction score
If the Hawks can manage a TD or Two they will have the best TD skits...they practice hard on those. :sarcasm_on:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
xray":1647vyha said:
If the Hawks can manage a TD or Two they will have the best TD skits...they practice hard on those. :sarcasm_on:

I know right? At least Halloween has come and gone, so Russell won't be wasting everyone's time by trick or treating with his kids this week.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Did the Saints soften up the Rams some? I dont think so. I'll take the Rams and the 10.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How about we bet a pint? I'll take the Hawks and that 10. I already have one board member who owes me a 6 pack. Just glad I didn't bet on yesterdays game :lol:
I know people want to worship the Rams, but my god their D is horrible on the back end. Shredded, multiple times this season.

LTH

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3vvmjswq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1059330516237729792[/tweet]

GOOD! Carroll wouldn't have it any other way!! exactly where we want to be flying under the radar setting up a huge upset!

LTH

zetes

Reaction score
I hope the Hawks come out and kick the Rams' butts but this has all the signs of a terrible loss. You have the most talented team coming home after a really close loss to probably the 2nd best NFC team and you have the Hawks losing a somewhat close game (depending on how you look at it) at HOME who now have to go on the road. The big road victory before the loss too may have been their "best" road game of the season too and they will need an even better effort to beat the Rams. I would bet the Rams at -10.5 with a small chance of a back door cover by the Hawks who could trail by 17 a score a last minute TD in garbage time.

Z.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If this game was last week I would be confident in saying the game will be in the 5-8 point differential either way. But after the egg Russ laid, both Carson-Fluker banged up, and the Rams coming home pissed off their first loss, Rams win easily. Rams by at least 14.

knownone

Reaction score
The Rams have beat 1 team by 10 + points in the last 5 weeks the 49ers. The other 3 wins are by a combined 7 points.

I honestly think the Seahawks have a better chance of winning this game than the Rams do of winning it by 10+.

94Smith

Reaction score
My money is on the Seahawks to cover. 20$. Big baller here!

94Smith

Reaction score
Well Walter Football has this pick Seahawks +10 as his November pick of the month, so that's pretty much the kiss of death...lol. I agree with him though

zchurch74

Reaction score
Everyone has to be back healthy and 100% and that won’t happen. Also the Rams secondary has been shredded a few times but you have to have time to have your receivers get down field. Our oline is getting better but we just aren’t there yet against this rams upfront 7.

We need to run the ball and control the clock. We cannot have 90 second three and outs. And some one has to shut down Kuper.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I never understand double digit spreads with the Hawks. They've lost like 3 games in 5 years by 10 or more points. Losing by greater than 10 is not in our DNA. I guess Vegas got burned by the 42-13 beatdown and haven't forgotten.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
knownone":vo1h22xa said:
The Rams have beat 1 team by 10 + points in the last 5 weeks the 49ers. The other 3 wins are by a combined 7 points.

I honestly think the Seahawks have a better chance of winning this game than the Rams do of winning it by 10+.

We're 4-0 at home so far:

34-0 against the Cardinals

35-23 against the Chargers

38-31 against the Vikings

29-27 against the Packers

We had double digit leads against both the Vikings and Packers - the Vikings got us right after Talib and Peters were injured, and a missed (chipshot) FG is what made this game look closer otherwise we win by 10+. The Packers had a bye so had two weeks to prep and both McCarthy and Rodgers have a very good record after their bye. And again, the Rams were still up by 10 at some point in that game.

The other games you're talking about are @Seattle - one of the toughest places to play, so just winning is impressive. @Denver - Rams were up 17 and Broncos scored a garbage time TD to avoid losing by 10. And then see Packers above.

IMO Rams by 10 makes sense. After a loss last year in the regular season the Rams were 4-0 with wins over the Jags, Saints and Seahawks (and Niners but obviously they were not a good team).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Does anyone reasonably expect us to beat the Rams? Without Carson?

It is possible, but it would involve the Rams just absolutely falling on their face repeatedly. They could lose but I don't think there is anything we can do to win if the Rams are playing at reasonable effectiveness. They are a better team and would just have to have tons of mistakes or injuries for us even to be competitive in the game.

So the point spread makes sense. With Carson? I think we could run on them, keep it close and have one of those 30/70 shots to win at the end. But without him? Davis is good as an alternate but we saw what Davis as your starting back gets you (last year).

Nothing in that point spread should shock you, especially in their house. We probably lose by more than 10, but I don't think it will mean anything beyond what we already know. The Rams are a better team, we are more in the middle tier.