We are a .500 team

truehawksfan

Reaction score
We are, what the record says we are.

Looking more like the 2011 team, minus making the playoffs.

The fact is, the league is made up of a lot of mediocre teams. Only 6 out of 16 NFC teams has a winning record and I only consider the Ram, Saints, and Panthers elite.

Not going to throw in the towel yet, but it only gets tougher as we have to play teams with winning records later this year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This is exactly true

I was really hoping we could win 2 out of the 4 tough games against the Chargers, Packers, Rams, and Panthers and now i'm wondering if we'll even win 1 of those. We can beat the Packers maybe, but that Chargers game was the one I was kind of counting on being at home and with the whole Paul Allen thing, but it didnt happen. Now we're banged up and weaker than we were. We are not a good team, we are an average team just as the record states.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When you only score a single TD in the first half, you have very little room for complaint.

Though....we did get screwed on that pick pay. We probably score on that early drive. But it wasn't as if we were that motivated.

Again, on our 3rd and longs we just called draws. Our opponent at least tried to convert. Some of them they did. Anything over 3rd and 15 for us, and it seemed like we were just running draws up the middle with Davis instead. Just essentially conceding the punt was coming. Very frustrating.

This style of football shows what the team is. This is a team that will win a lot of games beating up on weaker teams. We can probably count on 8 wins every season. We won't be bottom feeders. But it isn't going to beat the better teams. Which is fine, we've had our run.

Again, our best players are on offense. It would be nice to see what a coach with offense as the emphasis could do with this roster. We have a decent defense, but the roster on the defense is pretty much average players. Clark, Wagner and KJ aside - our horses and biggest difference makers are on offense.

The thing is we have a coach that can eke good to decent defense from a collection of average athletes (for the NFL). So we probably shouldn't expect much more than what we have (which exceeded expectations so far) than what we have now. We still have games against the 49ers and Cards. Green Bay looks surprisingly mortal. We should have a decent record. This was never a contender, likely isn't a playoff team, and there were few expectations for that at the start of the year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fqwbuwo said:
This was never a contender, likely isn't a playoff team, and there were few expectations for that at the start of the year.

Unfortunately, there were expectations of that from some people right up until the yesterdays game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yup. Agreed.

I've told my coworker at the beginning of the year that the Seahawks will finish this year at 8-8. He argues they are 10-6.

My how right I look.

xray

Reaction score
It gets worse...Rams..then the Packers...then the Panthers...they probably lose those too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3bvjs5xr said:
TwistedHusky":3bvjs5xr said:
This was never a contender, likely isn't a playoff team, and there were few expectations for that at the start of the year.

Unfortunately, there were expectations of that from some people right up until the yesterdays game.

Still hold it as a good possibility

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I choose to believe, and that's just how I go about it. I don't expect playoffs, and haven't really expected playoffs all year. Forever optimistic sure, but reality is that this team is still trying to gel etc. That being said, people have written this team off many times over the years, only to see them rally and start getting wins. Plenty of games over the years that people thought they had no chance in. Shoot, they can beat the paper champion Rams. If they play up to their capability, they can beat the Rams and shred that farce of a defense. Someone asked me this morning what I am thinking for the next 2 games. I said we lose a close one at LA, and knock off the Pack next Thursday and are sitting at 5-5, with 4 home games in December. Not bad at all considering.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kecd26d said:
pittpnthrs":2kecd26d said:
TwistedHusky":2kecd26d said:

Its possible Si, but we are going to need a lot of help I think.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1qe14hsn said:
Uncle Si":1qe14hsn said:
pittpnthrs":1qe14hsn said:
TwistedHusky":1qe14hsn said:

There are a lot of average nfc teams at the moment.

Win 2 of 4 against packers, vikings, panthers, chiefs and the chance is there.

Tough loss though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So if we beat the Rams and the Packers, are 6-4, will we suddenly be a 10-6 team again?

Fans are fickle said the most obvious statement in history.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Surprising for sure, but if they split these next 2, and are sitting at 5-5 with 4 home games in December. It could happen. Not saying it will, but they are capable of doing some good things this year. But, health will be huge, this team isn't deep enough to lose more guys to injury.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You can run on the Rams. With Carson, we could probably beat them if we stop our idiotic approach to how we use Wilson.
But without Carson? No. Chance.
(Davis is not a starting caliber back. He is a guy that can occasionally get good yards and can generally get positive yardage if he gets a hole. He is a decent to good alternate.)

But the other teams?

The Packers and Vikings are beatable. Not easy but absolutely mortal. The 49ers and Cards should be locks.

Chiefs and Panthers likely shell us. But that is still a decent record in total.

I don't care if people expect the playoffs. Good on them. It would suck to go into the season with literally zero possibility of the playoffs. But most people expected between 7-9 and 9-7. The team is meeting those expectations.

I am disappointed because I think we have it in this team to do better. But not when I acknowledge what our roster actually looks like.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":dv9sftm7 said:
pittpnthrs":dv9sftm7 said:
Uncle Si":dv9sftm7 said:
pittpnthrs":dv9sftm7 said:

There are a lot of average nfc teams at the moment.

Win 2 of 4 against packers, vikings, panthers, chiefs and the chance is there.

Tough loss though.

Your right. One of the areas I struggle seeing and understanding is how inconsistent the NFC is when talking about the playoffs. I always put all of the burden on the shoulders of Seattle and overlook what everybody else is doing.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I see 8-8 to 9-7. I think 9-7 possibly gets us in via a tie breaker. Itd be nice to get 10 wins and i thought we might but chargers i thought was a win. Now if we beat rams, is sb bac back on?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
xray":1f39zay3 said:
It gets worse...Rams..then the Packers...then the Panthers...they probably lose those too.

1-2 at best but yes the Packers game will be a must win for them we probably lose all three.

xray

Reaction score
The fact that is more disturbing then poor play and the loss is that ; Rivers and the Chargers had an off day too ; but still won @ the Hawks home.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
We CAN beat any one of those teams with a healthy Carson. Without Carson those games are much more in doubt. I sort of expect Russ to have a handful of ish the bed games per year, but I had previously thought that Davis was good enough to keep it afloat. No longer. Davis left a ton of yards on the field acting too pretty and was flat out BAD in pass protection.

I don't rule out that the light comes on for Penny later in the year...maybe about week 13 and stops playing so hesitant, but it is obvious that Carson is the straw that stirs the drink. Not unlike another freak athlete before him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xray":1cssqbb3 said:
The fact that is more disturbing then poor play and the loss is that ; Rivers and the Chargers had an off day too ; but still won @ the Hawks home.

The Chargers didn't have an off day. They've played well all year and still are.

Go back to the 49er boards if you need a source of amusement. It's becoming increasingly likely that you're just a troll account.