Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

To All The Debbie Downers...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 am
  • Snap out of it.

    The Seahawks played flat. They got beat at home by a very good team.

    Enough with the hyperbole. "The Seahawks are not making the playoffs." How can you say that at 4-4 with so many games left? There isn't a single person here that can predict what this team will look like by the end of December - good or bad, so why be so negative based off of one sub-par game?

    If there's ANY indicator historically, this team tends to trend upwards as the leaves fall from the trees and I am not going to forget how we have been looking this past month just because of a loss at home, again, against a very good team.

    Sit back, relax, have a drink on me and keep your shit in perspective.

    There's a lot of games ahead and this team isn't going to fold off of one sub par game.

    R-E-L-A-X
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 am
  • When we won two in a row there was no perspective, there were posts about running the table and us making the playoffs ... hmmmm wierd how that works
    World champs sb48

    Aros wrote:

    Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    User avatar
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 569
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Marysville


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:34 am
  • Aros said it all. On to Sunday.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:34 am
  • I will say one thing on this:

    They played flat. It is extremely disappointing that on a day that was publicly dedicated to Paul Allen - that is how they came out. Playing flat happens. But it shouldn't happen on an important weekend like yesterday had.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 am
  • hawksincebirth wrote:When we won two in a row there was no perspective, there were posts about running the table and us making the playoffs ... hmmmm wierd how that works


    What is it about such posts makes you grind your teeth so much? Is your universe really that destroyed by others' optimism?
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16051
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:04 am
  • For sure it's not the end of the season by any means, just makes the road that much tougher.

    I think most of the forum thought we were around an 8-8 to 9-7 team to begin the year. So 4-4 after 8 games isn't out of the realm of where most of us thought we'd be now.

    Win all the games you should, and maybe a couple you shouldn't and maybe we'll get back in the playoff picture.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:08 am
  • If anyone really thought before this season started that we would have 11+ wins, you were not being honest with yourself. This year is going to be a "see what ya got" evaluation period, and then add or remove anything this offseason.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2819
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:11 am
  • Did the team quit? No. Then cheer them on. We are not the most talented team in the league but they play hard and are motivated to get better and that's all you can ask for from your team.

    Most of us thought we were a year away from being good and needed some dead money off the board and a some cap space and one more year of seasoning on the 2018 rookies. Maybe a better OC but keep the OL coach. But We aren't far off and once again are back in the "always there at the end" mode that allows us to be 8-8 at worst and 10-6 quite frequently and 13-3 when everything comes together.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 480
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:If anyone really thought before this season started that we would have 11+ wins, you were not being honest with yourself. This year is going to be a "see what ya got" evaluation period, and then add or remove anything this offseason.


    Very true. The fact they got 4 wins already was a surprise to me. Granted, it was against some weak teams but I'll take it.

    Are they a legit playoff threat team? Not likely. And that was the outlook all along for this season.

    Last offseason was a big one for big changes as stated would happen. And yes, I'm certain even Pete was being looked at hard as far as staying vs going. Instead they changed out just about everyone around him.

    I know some love Pete. I certainly love what he brought to the team and the city some seasons ago but the next major chapter of the Seahawks will be written without him.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:17 am
  • Well, one thing that this team NEVER does is give up. They are fighting til the end in just about every game since Russ got here. I love that about this team.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:38 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I will say one thing on this:

    They played flat. It is extremely disappointing that on a day that was publicly dedicated to Paul Allen - that is how they came out. Playing flat happens. But it shouldn't happen on an important weekend like yesterday had.

    It wasn't like they weren't giving it their best efforts for PA & the 12's, Injuries to two key Offensive players, and a few shit calls by the Refs, changed the whole complexion, and I'm not convinced that Wilson isn't playing with some injury issues, you just don't take that many sacks & hits and come out the other side unscathed.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6562
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:42 am
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:If anyone really thought before this season started that we would have 11+ wins, you were not being honest with yourself. This year is going to be a "see what ya got" evaluation period, and then add or remove anything this offseason.


    Very true. The fact they got 4 wins already was a surprise to me. Granted, it was against some weak teams but I'll take it.

    Are they a legit playoff threat team? Not likely. And that was the outlook all along for this season.

    Last offseason was a big one for big changes as stated would happen. And yes, I'm certain even Pete was being looked at hard as far as staying vs going. Instead they changed out just about everyone around him.

    I know some love Pete. I certainly love what he brought to the team and the city some seasons ago but the next major chapter of the Seahawks will be written without him.

    Nostrildomus?, is that you?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6562
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:46 am
  • Aros wrote:Snap out of it.

    The Seahawks played flat. They got beat at home by a very good team.

    Enough with the hyperbole. "The Seahawks are not making the playoffs." How can you say that at 4-4 with so many games left? There isn't a single person here that can predict what this team will look like by the end of December - good or bad, so why be so negative based off of one sub-par game?

    If there's ANY indicator historically, this team tends to trend upwards as the leaves fall from the trees and I am not going to forget how we have been looking this past month just because of a loss at home, again, against a very good team.

    Sit back, relax, have a drink on me and keep your shit in perspective.

    There's a lot of games ahead and this team isn't going to fold off of one sub par game.

    R-E-L-A-X


    The homer in me knows that there's still a chance, so I'll be hoping for us to pull out some games I'm not "expecting" us to win, but the logical part of me looks at our remaining schedule and sees us most likely to end the season at 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best, and that puts us on the outside looking in. We have a really tough schedule ahead and unless we can get Carson and McDougal healthy in a hurry, It's going to be difficult to pull out any surprise victories.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19565
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:50 am
  • semiahmoo wrote:I know some love Pete. I certainly love what he brought to the team and the city some seasons ago but the next major chapter of the Seahawks will be written without him.


    You mean that chapter where the team gets sold to a crappy owner, hires a crappy FO and is a dumpster fire year after year until C-Link is a half empty shell of its once great self?

    That's the chapter I'm envisioning when Pete leaves, so I'm sure as hell going to enjoy all these seasons while I can. I hope you are a bit more realistic about what potentially lies ahead as well. It would be sad to bemoan these times always envisioning greener grass and then be faced with the reality of how much worse things can be.

    But I suspect all those in the anti-Pete brigade will be the first to jump ship when times get really tough.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 480
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:59 am
  • kidhawk wrote:The homer in me knows that there's still a chance, so I'll be hoping for us to pull out some games I'm not "expecting" us to win, but the logical part of me looks at our remaining schedule and sees us most likely to end the season at 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best, and that puts us on the outside looking in. We have a really tough schedule ahead and unless we can get Carson and McDougal healthy in a hurry, It's going to be difficult to pull out any surprise victories.


    I think that is a very logical and reasonable outlook given our current injuries and schedule ahead. 10-6 if everything comes together, 9-7 seems most likely if you are being fairly reasonable and optimistic and 8-8 would be likely if we continue the current course. None of these records would shock most of us when all is said and done.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    hawksincebirth wrote:When we won two in a row there was no perspective, there were posts about running the table and us making the playoffs ... hmmmm wierd how that works


    What is it about such posts makes you grind your teeth so much? Is your universe really that destroyed by others' optimism?

    I made a point about people complaining about the opposite end of the spectrum, when the other side does the same thing, again I said nothing negative just made a point about perspective... constant threads about complaining are just as bad as the complaining itself
    World champs sb48

    Aros wrote:

    Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    User avatar
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 569
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Marysville


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:01 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:For sure it's not the end of the season by any means, just makes the road that much tougher.

    I think most of the forum thought we were around an 8-8 to 9-7 team to begin the year. So 4-4 after 8 games isn't out of the realm of where most of us thought we'd be now.

    Win all the games you should, and maybe a couple you shouldn't and maybe we'll get back in the playoff picture.


    ^ Yep.

    That's been where myself and a lot of posters have guessed this team would perform to for this season. Nothing wrong with that result in what is a rebuilding or retooling year.

    I think many of us (me included) looked at our run game and defensive play and thought we may become better than that record. That's not an unreasonable thought being how we played in the last five games before yesterday.

    But the Chargers just seem to have our number and Rivers just knows how to pick our secondary apart. Been that way for years. Looking forward I see 4 very probable losses with the Rams, Panthers, Vikings and Chiefs. We needed the Charger game to make it over .500 for the season, but just don't see it now.

    I am just enjoying this year for what it is....... an entertaining season where our young guys learn and hopefully leads to a strong 2019 campaign where we hopefully become serious contenders again.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2680
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I will say one thing on this:

    They played flat. It is extremely disappointing that on a day that was publicly dedicated to Paul Allen - that is how they came out. Playing flat happens. But it shouldn't happen on an important weekend like yesterday had.


    Absolutely right. Was very frustrating.

    2nd half they snapped out of it but just too late
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13728
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 am
  • Aros wrote:Snap out of it.

    The Seahawks played flat. They got beat at home by a very good team.

    Enough with the hyperbole. "The Seahawks are not making the playoffs." How can you say that at 4-4 with so many games left? There isn't a single person here that can predict what this team will look like by the end of December - good or bad, so why be so negative based off of one sub-par game?

    If there's ANY indicator historically, this team tends to trend upwards as the leaves fall from the trees and I am not going to forget how we have been looking this past month just because of a loss at home, again, against a very good team.

    Sit back, relax, have a drink on me and keep your shit in perspective.

    There's a lot of games ahead and this team isn't going to fold off of one sub par game.

    R-E-L-A-X



    Where is the dang like button !!!! :D
    LTH
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 469
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:32 pm
  • I think maybe the whole team was spent a bit emotionally with so many loses in the last week, I am sure there was a bunch of in house stuff going on we were not aware of, fresh after Paul's passing I could see a win one for him in Detroit happen, but to carry that for a week and deal with what I am sure is a lot of in house stuff concerning things as well as Jacks Passing was just a lot. for the whole Franchise. Preparation and other normal schedule stuff may not have been on track as usual.


    I am spit balling here sure, but it all seemed off a bit.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25062
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm
  • Very good points. We talked about it at our seats. Other than that first drive, they looked not only flat, but like they were just going thru the motions at time. And after how they played the last 5 weeks, it was confusing to see them play like that at home. They looked tired to me.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 pm
  • No expectations this year. I see a lot of goods things and a few needs. That is how I am watching this year's Hawks. A wildcard would make me happy But no expectations.
    Image
    User avatar
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1980
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:49 pm
  • Aros wrote:Sit back, relax, have a drink on me


    Call when you get near LeGrumpyCoder/Admin, I'm across the highway. Haven't had a beer in a while. :)
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    User avatar
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *
     
    Posts: 3022
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:58 pm
  • This team is trending up and will be there again next year. The Rams better enjoy their year and win the Bowl, because the Hawks are going to be in a position to pop them in the mouth and ruin them like they did to the Niners in 13!
    BubbaGump
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:53 pm


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:52 pm
  • BubbaGump wrote:This team is trending up and will be there again next year. The Rams better enjoy their year and win the Bowl, because the Hawks are going to be in a position to pop them in the mouth and ruin them like they did to the Niners in 13!


    Love it! :2thumbs:
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:47 pm
  • Rams know they better make hay while the sun shines, everyone was down on us and yes we are 4-5, but we gave the Rams all they could handle and then some as a rebuild team still working out the bugs. By the end of the season we should have a lot of the rough edges worked out and be looking at where we need an upgrade to take a step back up to where we have been.

    The Rams Era is not going to be a smooth one of success, we are not going away and they really hate playing us. We take a punch and throw one back.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25062
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: To All The Debbie Downers...
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:22 am
  • I may be in the minority, and I don't care even a little bit, but I think this team is a lot closer to being good than many think. They are in the mix every single game.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA




It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online