To All The Debbie Downers...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Snap out of it.

The Seahawks played flat. They got beat at home by a very good team.

Enough with the hyperbole. "The Seahawks are not making the playoffs." How can you say that at 4-4 with so many games left? There isn't a single person here that can predict what this team will look like by the end of December - good or bad, so why be so negative based off of one sub-par game?

If there's ANY indicator historically, this team tends to trend upwards as the leaves fall from the trees and I am not going to forget how we have been looking this past month just because of a loss at home, again, against a very good team.

Sit back, relax, have a drink on me and keep your shit in perspective.

There's a lot of games ahead and this team isn't going to fold off of one sub par game.

R-E-L-A-X

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
When we won two in a row there was no perspective, there were posts about running the table and us making the playoffs ... hmmmm wierd how that works

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I will say one thing on this:

They played flat. It is extremely disappointing that on a day that was publicly dedicated to Paul Allen - that is how they came out. Playing flat happens. But it shouldn't happen on an important weekend like yesterday had.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3der0xzl said:
When we won two in a row there was no perspective, there were posts about running the table and us making the playoffs ... hmmmm wierd how that works

What is it about such posts makes you grind your teeth so much? Is your universe really that destroyed by others' optimism?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For sure it's not the end of the season by any means, just makes the road that much tougher.

I think most of the forum thought we were around an 8-8 to 9-7 team to begin the year. So 4-4 after 8 games isn't out of the realm of where most of us thought we'd be now.

Win all the games you should, and maybe a couple you shouldn't and maybe we'll get back in the playoff picture.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If anyone really thought before this season started that we would have 11+ wins, you were not being honest with yourself. This year is going to be a "see what ya got" evaluation period, and then add or remove anything this offseason.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Did the team quit? No. Then cheer them on. We are not the most talented team in the league but they play hard and are motivated to get better and that's all you can ask for from your team.

Most of us thought we were a year away from being good and needed some dead money off the board and a some cap space and one more year of seasoning on the 2018 rookies. Maybe a better OC but keep the OL coach. But We aren't far off and once again are back in the "always there at the end" mode that allows us to be 8-8 at worst and 10-6 quite frequently and 13-3 when everything comes together.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
2_0_6":1h6bxhem said:
If anyone really thought before this season started that we would have 11+ wins, you were not being honest with yourself. This year is going to be a "see what ya got" evaluation period, and then add or remove anything this offseason.

Very true. The fact they got 4 wins already was a surprise to me. Granted, it was against some weak teams but I'll take it.

Are they a legit playoff threat team? Not likely. And that was the outlook all along for this season.

Last offseason was a big one for big changes as stated would happen. And yes, I'm certain even Pete was being looked at hard as far as staying vs going. Instead they changed out just about everyone around him.

I know some love Pete. I certainly love what he brought to the team and the city some seasons ago but the next major chapter of the Seahawks will be written without him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, one thing that this team NEVER does is give up. They are fighting til the end in just about every game since Russ got here. I love that about this team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":32k9udaq said:

They played flat. It is extremely disappointing that on a day that was publicly dedicated to Paul Allen - that is how they came out. Playing flat happens. But it shouldn't happen on an important weekend like yesterday had.
It wasn't like they weren't giving it their best efforts for PA & the 12's, Injuries to two key Offensive players, and a few shit calls by the Refs, changed the whole complexion, and I'm not convinced that Wilson isn't playing with some injury issues, you just don't take that many sacks & hits and come out the other side unscathed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2gngzcty said:
2_0_6":2gngzcty said:

Very true. The fact they got 4 wins already was a surprise to me. Granted, it was against some weak teams but I'll take it.

Are they a legit playoff threat team? Not likely. And that was the outlook all along for this season.

Last offseason was a big one for big changes as stated would happen. And yes, I'm certain even Pete was being looked at hard as far as staying vs going. Instead they changed out just about everyone around him.

I know some love Pete. I certainly love what he brought to the team and the city some seasons ago but the next major chapter of the Seahawks will be written without him.
Nostrildomus?, is that you?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":6we57f1x said:
Snap out of it.

Enough with the hyperbole. "The Seahawks are not making the playoffs." How can you say that at 4-4 with so many games left? There isn't a single person here that can predict what this team will look like by the end of December - good or bad, so why be so negative based off of one sub-par game?

If there's ANY indicator historically, this team tends to trend upwards as the leaves fall from the trees and I am not going to forget how we have been looking this past month just because of a loss at home, again, against a very good team.

There's a lot of games ahead and this team isn't going to fold off of one sub par game.

R-E-L-A-X

The homer in me knows that there's still a chance, so I'll be hoping for us to pull out some games I'm not "expecting" us to win, but the logical part of me looks at our remaining schedule and sees us most likely to end the season at 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best, and that puts us on the outside looking in. We have a really tough schedule ahead and unless we can get Carson and McDougal healthy in a hurry, It's going to be difficult to pull out any surprise victories.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
semiahmoo":32n3fjj4 said:

You mean that chapter where the team gets sold to a crappy owner, hires a crappy FO and is a dumpster fire year after year until C-Link is a half empty shell of its once great self?

That's the chapter I'm envisioning when Pete leaves, so I'm sure as hell going to enjoy all these seasons while I can. I hope you are a bit more realistic about what potentially lies ahead as well. It would be sad to bemoan these times always envisioning greener grass and then be faced with the reality of how much worse things can be.

But I suspect all those in the anti-Pete brigade will be the first to jump ship when times get really tough.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":1hxbxneb said:
The homer in me knows that there's still a chance, so I'll be hoping for us to pull out some games I'm not "expecting" us to win, but the logical part of me looks at our remaining schedule and sees us most likely to end the season at 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best, and that puts us on the outside looking in. We have a really tough schedule ahead and unless we can get Carson and McDougal healthy in a hurry, It's going to be difficult to pull out any surprise victories.

I think that is a very logical and reasonable outlook given our current injuries and schedule ahead. 10-6 if everything comes together, 9-7 seems most likely if you are being fairly reasonable and optimistic and 8-8 would be likely if we continue the current course. None of these records would shock most of us when all is said and done.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2u6j3m1v said:
hawksincebirth":2u6j3m1v said:

What is it about such posts makes you grind your teeth so much? Is your universe really that destroyed by others' optimism?
I made a point about people complaining about the opposite end of the spectrum, when the other side does the same thing, again I said nothing negative just made a point about perspective... constant threads about complaining are just as bad as the complaining itself

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3k62nz0u said:
For sure it's not the end of the season by any means, just makes the road that much tougher.

I think most of the forum thought we were around an 8-8 to 9-7 team to begin the year. So 4-4 after 8 games isn't out of the realm of where most of us thought we'd be now.

Win all the games you should, and maybe a couple you shouldn't and maybe we'll get back in the playoff picture.

^ Yep.

That's been where myself and a lot of posters have guessed this team would perform to for this season. Nothing wrong with that result in what is a rebuilding or retooling year.

I think many of us (me included) looked at our run game and defensive play and thought we may become better than that record. That's not an unreasonable thought being how we played in the last five games before yesterday.

But the Chargers just seem to have our number and Rivers just knows how to pick our secondary apart. Been that way for years. Looking forward I see 4 very probable losses with the Rams, Panthers, Vikings and Chiefs. We needed the Charger game to make it over .500 for the season, but just don't see it now.

I am just enjoying this year for what it is....... an entertaining season where our young guys learn and hopefully leads to a strong 2019 campaign where we hopefully become serious contenders again.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3csd901i said:

Absolutely right. Was very frustrating.

2nd half they snapped out of it but just too late

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":2813e93d said:
Snap out of it.

R-E-L-A-X

Where is the dang like button !!!! :D

chris98251

Reaction score
I think maybe the whole team was spent a bit emotionally with so many loses in the last week, I am sure there was a bunch of in house stuff going on we were not aware of, fresh after Paul's passing I could see a win one for him in Detroit happen, but to carry that for a week and deal with what I am sure is a lot of in house stuff concerning things as well as Jacks Passing was just a lot. for the whole Franchise. Preparation and other normal schedule stuff may not have been on track as usual.

I am spit balling here sure, but it all seemed off a bit.