Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rashaad Penny

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Rashaad Penny
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 am
  • He got his chance with Carson out....11 yards on 4 carries...1st round bust...IMO
    xray
    NET Starter

Re: Rashaad Penny
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:30 am
  • If Penny is a bust, then what is McDowell?

My point?

Disappointment yes. Bust no. Need to see year 2 myself.

That said, I don't have high hope. He doesn't pass the eye test ATM IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:36 am
  • He is a bust

The fault is not his - it was a horrible pick. Picking a RB from a small school that ran through open holes because he was untouched in the backfield was a BAD idea

They got locked in on broken tackles and ignored the fact that for almost everyone of those it was after he got up to speed. He can't get to speed in the NFL and his skillset is clearly not a running back skillset

Maybe he can be serviceable as a second back / receiving option instead of Prociesely injured
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:53 am
  • He had 4 touches...

Had a really nice 9rd run in the 1st quarter

His second run he got hit 3 or 4 yards behind the line of scrimage and was able to get 1 yrd out of it.

His third run he got 4yrd run

His last was -3 because of Hunt

Guy really didn't get that many opportunities. He did catch all 3 passes.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:04 am
  • xray wrote:He got his chance with Carson out....11 yards on 4 carries...1st round bust...IMO

He was at 4.7 ypc till the 4th run where Hunt blew his assignment and Penny was tackled as he got the handoff.

Let’s be real....
    1)you didn’t watch the game.
    2)Penny hasn’t been given a chance
    3)to say bust and anyone that does instantly proves their opinion wrong and level of NFL knowledge low.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am
  • Hes nowhere near where Carson is right now. I honestly don't wanna see him in the game at all, even if he is a 1st rounder, Smack the bad tendencies out of him in practice, and when he's ready, then play him.
    quadsas
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:41 am
  • quadsas wrote:Hes nowhere near where Carson is right now. I honestly don't wanna see him in the game at all, even if he is a 1st rounder, Smack the bad tendencies out of him in practice, and when he's ready, then play him.

You can’t say that until he is given the same opportunity. We will find out soon enough.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:47 am
  • xray wrote:He got his chance with Carson out

Did he?

Davis had 15 carries.

Carson had 8 carries.

Penny had 4 carries.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:50 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    quadsas wrote:Hes nowhere near where Carson is right now. I honestly don't wanna see him in the game at all, even if he is a 1st rounder, Smack the bad tendencies out of him in practice, and when he's ready, then play him.

You can’t say that until he is given the same opportunity. We will find out soon enough.

Dude....He was given that chance the first 2 weeks!

17 carries 38 yards 2.2 YPC with longest run of 10 yards!!

Why do you ride certain RB's coat tails (Lacey and now Penny) when the are covered in cow dung?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 am
  • Rashaad Penny = sadly quite underwhelming, so far.

He hasn't shown much of anything that justifies his draft position, which is disappointing.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 am
  • Penny is a mystery to me.

Dude ran a 4.4 and had seven kickoff runbacks for TD's in college, and I just don't see any of that elite speed either running or KO returns.

He doesn't look heavy, so I'm confused as to why he now looks so slow. Hesitating? Confidence is shot? Idk, but he just looks like a totally different back than college and even in camp where that burst was evident.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:05 am
  • Funny. They said the same thing about Melvin Gordon his first year in San Diego. Not saying those things now.

I guess its real cool to make dramatic proclamations, ignoring all facts, and then stand on your high horse when they come true or slink away and never mention you were an idiot when they don't. But calling a rookie a bust after 8 games is pretty out there on the stupid scale of fandom.

Maybe he'll be a late bloomer, maybe he won't but none of us can be sure at this point. Admittedly i'm a bit concerned he'll never be the player we want him to be but I've seen many a player turn it around in this league that the bust thing is uncalled for.

Just looking at the Seahawks: Alexander, Lynch, Hass, Chancellor, Britt, Sweezy, Ifedi, and probably a whole bunch more took a while to figure the NFL game out and were not world beaters in their rookie years (or even second years).

The expectation that rookies immediately figure it out has never held up to scrutiny. Some do, Some take a while and many never do. That is why drafting is such a crap shoot. But you have to accept some guys take a bit longer.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 am
  • Penny got only 4 touches because Carroll had seen enough. Sadly Carroll will probably keep him around like Prosise...for absolutely no apparent reason other than " just in case they need them ". I can't wait for new ownership .
    xray
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 am
  • xray wrote:. I can't wait for new ownership .

It's not often I get so close to puking based solely on the pure stupidity of a comment.
    purpleneer
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:02 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    xray wrote:He got his chance with Carson out....11 yards on 4 carries...1st round bust...IMO

He was at 4.7 ypc till the 4th run where Hunt blew his assignment and Penny was tackled as he got the handoff.

Let’s be real....
    1)you didn’t watch the game.
    2)Penny hasn’t been given a chance
    3)to say bust and anyone that does instantly proves their opinion wrong and level of NFL knowledge low.

Carson gets hit in the backfield, too. You can't say that Penny loses yardage because of OL mistakes and pretend that other RB's don't. A good RB makes up for it.

Penny isn't there...yet.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:10 pm
  • I don't believe school size has much to do with it. Marshall Faulk was from San Diego State. One of the Hawks best backs (can't remember the name off hand) was from Ferrum College. Christian Okoye was from Azuza Pacific. Lots of NFL players from small schools.
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 pm
  • Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:30 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.

His chance was called preseason. He lost to Chris Carson.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:45 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:I don't believe school size has much to do with it. Marshall Faulk was from San Diego State. One of the Hawks best backs (can't remember the name off hand) was from Ferrum College. Christian Okoye was from Azuza Pacific. Lots of NFL players from small schools.

Chris Warren

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:I don't believe school size has much to do with it. Marshall Faulk was from San Diego State. One of the Hawks best backs (can't remember the name off hand) was from Ferrum College. Christian Okoye was from Azuza Pacific. Lots of NFL players from small schools.

Chris Warren

He was one of the biggest reasons I became a seahawks fan at a very young age way down in West Texas. I just remember from the first time I saw him run I thought it looked like watching water flow....
    niveky
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:56 pm
  • xray wrote:He got his chance with Carson out....11 yards on 4 carries...1st round bust...IMO

Come on. Give him a season or 2 at least. Not every rookie crushes it in his first season. It's disappointing from a fan perspective that he's not lighting it on fire yet but season 1 is only half over.

Z.
    zetes
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.

FYI ....He missed most of it with a broken hand.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 pm
  • Penny is here.

We can be upset about it or we can figure out how to get the most value from him that we can, while we develop him to be a valuable piece of this team.

But he isn't someone keeping a roster spot we have to trade or make decisions on.

And it is not unheard of for a player to produce after a year of getting their footing. Yes, RBs tend to produce faster. But it probably wouldn't hurt to support him since crapping on him isn't going to make him better either.

This isn't some guy getting paid millions in a FA that is not panning out. This is a 1st rd pick (which we tend to blow anyway) that isn't getting burn and isn't producing when he gets it. It makes sense to be frustrated with that.

Calling him a bust at this point is nonsensical though.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:19 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.

FYI ....He missed most of it with a broken hand.

When Penny gets injured, it's an outside factor affecting the RB unfairly. When Carson gets injured, it's a quality inherent to the RB that should merit a benching. Make up your mind.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:48 pm
  • mikeak wrote:He is a bust

The fault is not his - it was a horrible pick. Picking a RB from a small school that ran through open holes because he was untouched in the backfield was a BAD idea

They got locked in on broken tackles and ignored the fact that for almost everyone of those it was after he got up to speed. He can't get to speed in the NFL and his skillset is clearly not a running back skillset

Maybe he can be serviceable as a second back / receiving option instead of Prociesely injured

You guys are ridiculous and slaves of the moment. Remember for the last 2 years how Ifedi's been lambasted as a bust? But now in year 3 he's playing well? You can't call someone a bust in year 1. There's plenty of players who've emerged in year 2 or 3 and became incredible football players. Very few are terrific immediately.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm

:lol: at 4 carries being "his chance"

He may wind up being a bust, as he sure isn't showing signs of being a superstar, but give me a break with this.

And this is coming from someone that really hated this pick on draft night.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:59 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.

I'm surprised we even took a RB in round 1 because of.. well.. see sig.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:01 pm

It does look like he's very average right now. It also looks like there afraid to give him extended playing time for fear of him getting exposed and reflecting poorly on there decision to draft him. There was a reason I didn't want them to trade down commented about it in many posts leading up to the draft. Do not trade down and force a pick at RB they did and it looks like it was another bad draft decision. There were good players sitting there at 18 and they pissed it away.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm
  • The Penny hate here has gotten real. For everyone saying "I don't hate Penny, I hate the pick", don't kid yourselves. The majority of you have been singing that song since the middle of TC. You're Penny haters. You all know who you are. Just admit it.

Here's my take. Carson is good. There's no denying that. But he's definitely not elite. He's a tough, between the tackles grinder. He doesn't have the speed to turn on the jets and outrun quicker defenders. His biggest strength is his strength. But it's probably his biggest weakness. Both times he's carried the ball 23+ times, he's gotten hurt which has caused him to miss time. I'm not sold on Carson as being a workhorse over the long haul.

I remember after Davis had his career game in Arizona, a few on here were actually saying he should start over Carson. I'm sorry, but absolutely not. There should be no reason why Mike Davis and his 3.5 career YPC should even be playing in front of Penny. He doesn't have a future here. Davis has been in the league long enough. We all know what he is.

It's been mentioned a few times over the last couple days, but again, Melvin Gordon was DISGUSTING his rookie year. 3.5 average on 184 carries. No touchdowns (rushing or receiving). He couldn't break tackles. He showed no vision or patience behind the LOS. That was the guy who was a top 12 (?) pick who SD fans had written off.

Penny will be just fine. It's a shame so many on this board are writing him off this early.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm
  • purpleneer wrote:
    xray wrote:. I can't wait for new ownership .

It's not often I get so close to puking based solely on the pure stupidity of a comment.

I agree we lost a great owner and a great person.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:12 pm
  • He's a rookie and his future isn't written yet. There are intangibles that we have no idea about, like does he have the ability, desire and willingness to learn and put in the extra hours to improve. A work ethic is hard to measure. Not all players develop at the same pace. He'll learn a lot this year and will most likely continue to improve. I don't think he will shake that "1st round" criticism until he lives up to it and he is not there yet.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:23 pm
  • Rashaad maybe good after awhile, look at Melvin Gordon.. a complete bust year 1.. that said.
    there were a lot of better options to be had when we took Penny.

We haven't had a good 1st pick since, well I can't remember.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:37 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:

:D :D Excellent. Eddie Lacy! HA I love when people spit their supreme knowledge in written word to us lower beings. So fun to look back and laugh. Bunch-o-dummies lol
    tonyseahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:00 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:The Penny hate here has gotten real. For everyone saying "I don't hate Penny, I hate the pick", don't kid yourselves. The majority of you have been singing that song since the middle of TC. You're Penny haters. You all know who you are. Just admit it.

Here's my take. Carson is good. There's no denying that. But he's definitely not elite. He's a tough, between the tackles grinder. He doesn't have the speed to turn on the jets and outrun quicker defenders. His biggest strength is his strength. But it's probably his biggest weakness. Both times he's carried the ball 23+ times, he's gotten hurt which has caused him to miss time. I'm not sold on Carson as being a workhorse over the long haul.

I remember after Davis had his career game in Arizona, a few on here were actually saying he should start over Carson. I'm sorry, but absolutely not. There should be no reason why Mike Davis and his 3.5 career YPC should even be playing in front of Penny. He doesn't have a future here. Davis has been in the league long enough. We all know what he is.

It's been mentioned a few times over the last couple days, but again, Melvin Gordon was DISGUSTING his rookie year. 3.5 average on 184 carries. No touchdowns (rushing or receiving). He couldn't break tackles. He showed no vision or patience behind the LOS. That was the guy who was a top 12 (?) pick who SD fans had written off.

Penny will be just fine. It's a shame so many on this board are writing him off this early.

So you can definitively claim Carson is “definitely not elite” and not a “workhorse” just 11 games into his career, who just turned 24 but yet it’s way too early to judge Penny after 8 games?

And Penny and his 3.5 career avg should start over Davis and his 4.3 this year? But yet you criticized Davis for his 3.5 career? Davis is just 25 but he doesn’t have any potential and is incapable of improvement but the world is Penny’s to be had??

A month ago Peel you said Penny “definitely has a much higher ceiling than Carson.” Do you still objectively believe that based on their play? Or are those combine #s of Penny just too attractive?
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:37 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:The Penny hate here has gotten real. For everyone saying "I don't hate Penny, I hate the pick", don't kid yourselves. The majority of you have been singing that song since the middle of TC. You're Penny haters. You all know who you are. Just admit it.

:ditto: nailed it.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:

I have one up on you though.... see my sig. :0190l:
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:49 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:

I have one up on you though.... see my sig. :0190l:

This whole exchange is gold.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:58 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:The Penny hate here has gotten real. For everyone saying "I don't hate Penny, I hate the pick", don't kid yourselves. The majority of you have been singing that song since the middle of TC. You're Penny haters. You all know who you are. Just admit it.

So you can definitively claim Carson is “definitely not elite” and not a “workhorse” just 11 games into his career, who just turned 24 but yet it’s way too early to judge Penny after 8 games?

And Penny and his 3.5 career avg should start over Davis and his 4.3 this year? But yet you criticized Davis for his 3.5 career? Davis is just 25 but he doesn’t have any potential and is incapable of improvement but the world is Penny’s to be had??

A month ago Peel you said Penny “definitely has a much higher ceiling than Carson.” Do you still objectively believe that based on their play? Or are those combine #s of Penny just too attractive?

Look at Carson's injury history! It goes back to high school! When has he ever been able to hold up under high volume? Please tell me. I get it. Carson is the first RB with success this team has had since Marshawn (Rawls doesn't count, he had his success when Marshawn was still here), but this is also the best this offensive line has been in forever. How can you count on a guy to be this workhorse if he's not available?

Before the Arizona game, Davis had 3 carries for 3 yards. When he finally got a shot to carry the load, he put up big numbers against literally the weakest run defense in the league. Arizona couldn't and still can't stop the run. Penny looked good against Arizona with his limited touches. The point is Mike Davis had a career day against THE WORST run defense in the league. Since then, he's looked pretty mediocre in spot duty.

And yes, I still believe Penny has a higher ceiling. On the field, Carson hasn't shown anything outside of being an early down grinder. Yeah, it was cool seeing him hurdle the defender, showing off his agility, but do you honestly see him running away from the defense, getting to the second level and taking a long run to the house?

Again, WHEN HEALTHY, I view Carson as a good early down back. I think Penny has the ability to be much more than a good early down back.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:49 am
  • xray wrote:. I can't wait for new ownership .

This statement alone should be grounds for being banned. Insensitive and disrespectful above and beyond what should be accepted.

You didn't have my respect before you made this comment and now you are the gum on the sole of my shoe. Totally pathetic.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am
  • RB's that have the "it" factor that this front office put forward by drafting this kid in the 1st round don't wait to shine in year two or three. Their abilities pop you right in the face the moment they step on the field. Penny looks sluggish and has no real burst. At this point taking him in the 1st round doesn't look good at all when this team had so many other positions of need. But then again this front office has be stinking it up for a few years now in the draft.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am

This makes no sense to me.

I don't hate Penny, and I totally understood the pick. At THE TIME of the draft Carson was coming off a major injury, and no other back on the roster stepped up and took over the role of a dependable RB.

So I got the pick, and I supported the pick. But if we're re-evaluating the pick at this very moment in time? Then it wasn't a good pick, because if you're going to select a RB in the first round, he better be your bell cow 1,000 yard primary back.........because that's the only way the 1st round pick is justified.

So sorry, I can not hate Penny and at this moment in his career hate the pick. Because as of NOW it's a wasted first round pick with needs all over the roster.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:59 pm

1) I can't speak for anyone but myself but I have never "hated" player on the Seahawks team. I may hate what they bring to the table but the moment they can prove me wrong then I am happy for the team. I want them to succeed, I want to be wrong, I want every single person on this team to be a superstar. To claim that we are saying anything else is narrowminded

2) Yes I hated this pick since the moment it was done. I saw the college highlights and I saw nothing that resembled running in the NFL. I saw a RB that was at full speed by the time he broke tackles and then people said "look how many tackles he broke" and I saw a RB that was hitting holes big enough to allow Eddie Lacy to get through them and we all know that won't work in the NFL...……… so yeah I hated the pick but hoped to be proven wrong. Haven't seen anything yet that will prove me wrong

3) I agree that Carson's inability to run the ball 25+ times and then play the next week is a MAJOR concern. I hope this is more of a fluke and doesn't show up again

4) Davis has shown more on the true runs this year than Penny. Penny's numbers are inflated by the coming out of backfield and catching it behind the LOS yards. If you separate out pure runs from the I back position his yards would decrease significantly

5) While I hope you are right you have absolutely zero evidence or game tape from the NFL that shows that Penny will be fine. Yes it worked out for Gordon, yes it has worked out for others, but it has also NOT worked out for other guys that you don't even know the name off...…...so we are all hoping it works out, but we have seen nothing to prove that it will
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:The Penny hate here has gotten real. For everyone saying "I don't hate Penny, I hate the pick", don't kid yourselves. The majority of you have been singing that song since the middle of TC. You're Penny haters. You all know who you are. Just admit it.

This makes no sense to me.

I don't hate Penny, and I totally understood the pick. At THE TIME of the draft Carson was coming off a major injury, and no other back on the roster stepped up and took over the role of a dependable RB.

So I got the pick, and I supported the pick. But if we're re-evaluating the pick at this very moment in time? Then it wasn't a good pick, because if you're going to select a RB in the first round, he better be your bell cow 1,000 yard primary back.........because that's the only way the 1st round pick is justified.

So sorry, I can not hate Penny and at this moment in his career hate the pick. Because as of NOW it's a wasted first round pick with needs all over the roster.

I'd agree with that if a) the draft was any kind of guarantee at all as to future performance and b) we were talking drafting him at #10 rather than #30.

Late first rounders aren't much better than second rounders as far as skills and likelihood of success. Shouldn't be mystical about round numbers as there is a huge difference between a top 5 pick and a bottom 5 pick in that round.

I'm disappointed he hasn't become the next Alexander in this offense but I'm not going to judge the pick based on a so-so first year. I'll give him another year for sure before riding the FO.

And what needs are there all over the roster? We seem pretty set in most places. What we need is a bit more seasoning for the young guys. And maybe some more depth in general.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 am
  • Carson is injury prone and I think its more serious than we are being told. Time to get Penny rollin!
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am
  • "couldn't care less"
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Penny is here.

We can be upset about it or we can figure out how to get the most value from him that we can, while we develop him to be a valuable piece of this team.

But he isn't someone keeping a roster spot we have to trade or make decisions on.

And it is not unheard of for a player to produce after a year of getting their footing. Yes, RBs tend to produce faster. But it probably wouldn't hurt to support him since crapping on him isn't going to make him better either.

This isn't some guy getting paid millions in a FA that is not panning out. This is a 1st rd pick (which we tend to blow anyway) that isn't getting burn and isn't producing when he gets it. It makes sense to be frustrated with that.

Uh... You DO know Penny is getting paid $2.5 million per year, right? He's not only a waste of a 1st round pick, he's pretty highly paid for a RB, too. He's higher paid than Melvin Gordon.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Penny is here.

Uh... You DO know Penny is getting paid $2.5 million per year, right? He's not only a waste of a 1st round pick, he's pretty highly paid for a RB, too. He's higher paid than Melvin Gordon.

This is true. He is making $1 million+ more than Fluker who we just signed. Has Fluker and Sweezy made any difference this year? That said, I still think we give him into year 2 before we do anything drastic. For now, it does sting a bit.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:

Google: NFL Rookie Wage Scale.

After you do that go back and delete your post so people will think you have a shred of credibility left.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:24 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:

Google: NFL Rookie Wage Scale.

After you do that go back and delete your post so people will think you have a shred of credibility left.

$9.397 mil fully guaranteed; $2.691 mil avg annual
    https://overthecap.com/player/rashaad-penny/6912/

$10.9 mil total contract value, $6 mil in signing bonus
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thenewst ... 11919.html
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:53 pm
  • It's safe to say that most teams that pick a RB in the 1st rd have a dire need there. Seattle didn't which made the pick more confusing than just considering who it was. To me it looks like he's over thinking instead of cutting loose. He's too talented to not contribute.
    And all those small school commenters should remember another guy who came from that same school. Marshall Faulk had a pretty good career.
    Seahawks-Blazers-Mariners-Ducks
    cheese22
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information