Rashaad Penny

xray

Reaction score
He got his chance with Carson out....11 yards on 4 carries...1st round bust...IMO

Seymour

Reaction score
If Penny is a bust, then what is McDowell?

My point?

Disappointment yes. Bust no. Need to see year 2 myself.

That said, I don't have high hope. He doesn't pass the eye test ATM IMO.

mikeak

Reaction score
He is a bust

The fault is not his - it was a horrible pick. Picking a RB from a small school that ran through open holes because he was untouched in the backfield was a BAD idea

They got locked in on broken tackles and ignored the fact that for almost everyone of those it was after he got up to speed. He can't get to speed in the NFL and his skillset is clearly not a running back skillset

Maybe he can be serviceable as a second back / receiving option instead of Prociesely injured

rcaido

Reaction score
He had 4 touches...

Had a really nice 9rd run in the 1st quarter

His second run he got hit 3 or 4 yards behind the line of scrimage and was able to get 1 yrd out of it.

His third run he got 4yrd run

His last was -3 because of Hunt

Guy really didn't get that many opportunities. He did catch all 3 passes.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
xray":3cxad1en said:
He got his chance with Carson out....11 yards on 4 carries...1st round bust...IMO
He was at 4.7 ypc till the 4th run where Hunt blew his assignment and Penny was tackled as he got the handoff.

Let’s be real....
1)you didn’t watch the game.
2)Penny hasn’t been given a chance
3)to say bust and anyone that does instantly proves their opinion wrong and level of NFL knowledge low.

quadsas

Reaction score
Hes nowhere near where Carson is right now. I honestly don't wanna see him in the game at all, even if he is a 1st rounder, Smack the bad tendencies out of him in practice, and when he's ready, then play him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
quadsas":3iqixhvs said:
Hes nowhere near where Carson is right now. I honestly don't wanna see him in the game at all, even if he is a 1st rounder, Smack the bad tendencies out of him in practice, and when he's ready, then play him.

You can’t say that until he is given the same opportunity. We will find out soon enough.

Chapow

Reaction score
xray":bdb1qdlk said:
He got his chance with Carson out

Did he?

Davis had 15 carries.

Carson had 8 carries.

Penny had 4 carries.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":t1kgz9xg said:
quadsas":t1kgz9xg said:

You can’t say that until he is given the same opportunity. We will find out soon enough.

Dude....He was given that chance the first 2 weeks!

17 carries 38 yards 2.2 YPC with longest run of 10 yards!!

Why do you ride certain RB's coat tails (Lacey and now Penny) when the are covered in cow dung?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny = sadly quite underwhelming, so far.

He hasn't shown much of anything that justifies his draft position, which is disappointing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Penny is a mystery to me.

Dude ran a 4.4 and had seven kickoff runbacks for TD's in college, and I just don't see any of that elite speed either running or KO returns.

He doesn't look heavy, so I'm confused as to why he now looks so slow. Hesitating? Confidence is shot? Idk, but he just looks like a totally different back than college and even in camp where that burst was evident.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Funny. They said the same thing about Melvin Gordon his first year in San Diego. Not saying those things now.

I guess its real cool to make dramatic proclamations, ignoring all facts, and then stand on your high horse when they come true or slink away and never mention you were an idiot when they don't. But calling a rookie a bust after 8 games is pretty out there on the stupid scale of fandom.

Maybe he'll be a late bloomer, maybe he won't but none of us can be sure at this point. Admittedly i'm a bit concerned he'll never be the player we want him to be but I've seen many a player turn it around in this league that the bust thing is uncalled for.

Just looking at the Seahawks: Alexander, Lynch, Hass, Chancellor, Britt, Sweezy, Ifedi, and probably a whole bunch more took a while to figure the NFL game out and were not world beaters in their rookie years (or even second years).

The expectation that rookies immediately figure it out has never held up to scrutiny. Some do, Some take a while and many never do. That is why drafting is such a crap shoot. But you have to accept some guys take a bit longer.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
Penny got only 4 touches because Carroll had seen enough. Sadly Carroll will probably keep him around like Prosise...for absolutely no apparent reason other than " just in case they need them ". I can't wait for new ownership .

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":36k2mqum said:
xray":36k2mqum said:
He was at 4.7 ypc till the 4th run where Hunt blew his assignment and Penny was tackled as he got the handoff.

Let’s be real....
1)you didn’t watch the game.
2)Penny hasn’t been given a chance
3)to say bust and anyone that does instantly proves their opinion wrong and level of NFL knowledge low.

Carson gets hit in the backfield, too. You can't say that Penny loses yardage because of OL mistakes and pretend that other RB's don't. A good RB makes up for it.

Penny isn't there...yet.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I don't believe school size has much to do with it. Marshall Faulk was from San Diego State. One of the Hawks best backs (can't remember the name off hand) was from Ferrum College. Christian Okoye was from Azuza Pacific. Lots of NFL players from small schools.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1s1gpl32 said:
Again.... Penny has not been given a chance. Those saying he has been given a chance and sucks (and you know who you are) will likely magically fade away the same way you did when you said Flynn should be our starter all while I was saying Russ would be the greatest Seahawks QB of all time.

His chance was called preseason. He lost to Chris Carson.

Seymour

Reaction score
TreeRon":290id7ou said:
I don't believe school size has much to do with it. Marshall Faulk was from San Diego State. One of the Hawks best backs (can't remember the name off hand) was from Ferrum College. Christian Okoye was from Azuza Pacific. Lots of NFL players from small schools.

Chris Warren

Of the seattle seahawks carries picture id72570504

niveky

Reaction score
Seymour":1kq69mqp said:
TreeRon":1kq69mqp said:

Chris Warren

Of the seattle seahawks carries picture id72570504

He was one of the biggest reasons I became a seahawks fan at a very young age way down in West Texas. I just remember from the first time I saw him run I thought it looked like watching water flow....