Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Good News and Bad News

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Good News and Bad News
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:28 am
  • Good News: Rams Lost!
    Bad News: We play them next, at LA after they suffered a loss.

Good News: We made top dance routine TD celebration.
    Bad News: We're taking up practice time to choreograph dance routines, and we're losing games.

:escape:
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Re: Good News and Bad News
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am
  • Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's TD celebration in SB49. For the day, 1 pass for 3 yards - 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for -12 total and we get a SB dump celebration from him. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:52 am
  • Seymour wrote:Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's TD celebration in SB49. For the day, 1 pass for 3 yards - 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for -12 total and we get a SB dump celebration from him. :2thumbs:

I have a feeling this was Baldwin's brainchild too.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am
  • 652cHAWK wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's TD celebration in SB49. For the day, 1 pass for 3 yards - 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for -12 total and we get a SB dump celebration from him. :2thumbs:

I would have guessed that, but post game show actually said that Lockett came up with it.

Of course they HAD to get in they only spent 5 minutes of practice time on it....Rrrriiiiiight. :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 am
  • You guys really upset about this?

The NFL is encouraging this from the players. Lit bit of fun should be something fans should enjoy.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:19 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:You guys really upset about this?

The NFL is encouraging this from the players. Lit bit of fun should be something fans should enjoy.

I wouldn't be if it happened in a win.

I liked it at the time, but by games end it didn't sit so well with me if I'm being honest.

May seem hypocritical.....and I'll take that, but it's how I feel at the "end of the day".
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:19 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    652cHAWK wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's TD celebration in SB49. For the day, 1 pass for 3 yards - 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for -12 total and we get a SB dump celebration from him. :2thumbs:

I would have guessed that, but post game show actually said that Lockett came up with it.

Of course they HAD to get in they only spent 5 minutes of practice time on it....Rrrriiiiiight. :141847_bnono:

Ah, well then.....giive me an improv Travis Kelce quick freak dance any day over that. Or, better yet, Beast Mode been there before non celebratory hand the ball to the official.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:You guys really upset about this?

I liked it at the time, but by games end it didn't sit so well with me if I'm being honest.

May seem hypocritical.....and I'll take that, but it's how I feel at the "end of the day".

Makes sense

I thought it was harmless fun. In a loss, in hindsight, i can see being perturbed by it
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 am

You want to bring back fun in the NFL, let's see throwback uniforms. With the new rules placed this year, regarding helmets, hoping this happens soon.
    Last edited by 652cHAWK on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:23 am

Why you always gotta be so neg---er ,I mean Positive? :mrgreen:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:27 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:You guys really upset about this?

So contact Doc Brown and see if you can use his DeLorean to go back and add those celebrations in once we know if it was a winning effort or not. That's the only way we can line things up with feeling positive about it at the "end of the day."

I personally love that the NFL has lightened up on this. There was way, way, way too much "No Fun League" nonsense going around. Fines for players having fun, sapping all the entertainment out of it.

Are there some dumb and tacky celebrations? Super Bowel Movement, Sharpie Incident, The Dallas Star Stomp... Sure there are. Lots of 'em. So what? It's a game. Entertainment. And there's a definite "our guy" vs. "their guy" thing when it comes to coloring perception. But I'd rather have it entertaining like this than the way we had it for a number of years before this.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:33 am
  • Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

Looking that sharp there, then contrast that to the game you saw where we made mistakes, penalties, and bad calls from coaching and refs throughout the day.....and you now have the proper perspective to how others may view this as different and irritating.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:44 am
  • I have never been a fan of celebration 'dances', or striking some stupid pose.

That is the cheerleaders job.

But, it is what it is. To each his own.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:55 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:56 am
  • SeaMeat wrote:I have never been a fan of celebration 'dances', or striking some stupid pose.

Interesting choice of avatar considering your stance on "striking some stupid pose".
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

Looking that sharp there, then contrast that to the game you saw where we made mistakes, penalties, and bad calls from coaching and refs throughout the day.....and you now have the proper perspective to how others may view this as different and irritating.

Its supposed to be fun and something the league is begging players to do.

You can contrast that to the way the game played out but i dont think you can attribute the celebration to a lack of focus.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    SeaMeat wrote:I have never been a fan of celebration 'dances', or striking some stupid pose.

Interesting choice of avatar considering your stance on "striking some stupid pose".

My wife's choice. Not mine.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 pm
  • 652cHAWK wrote:You want to bring back fun in the NFL, let's see throwback uniforms. With the new rules placed this year, regarding helmets, hoping this happens soon.

I'm with you! Let's see those retros once or twice a year!!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:29 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

It was 4 guys and the entire thing lasted about 6 seconds.

How much time do you guys imagine it took them to get that 6 second routine nailed down? Also, have you guys considered that it's entirely possible that they did it on their own time? Like, after practice was over?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

How much time do you guys imagine it took them to get that 6 second routine nailed down? Also, have you guys considered that it's entirely possible that they did it on their own time? Like, after practice was over?

I already posted the post game show they said they took "5 minutes of practice" time to rehearse it. Yes, I question that it only took that but whatever. It's not that big of a deal. just didn't sit right that Pete even lets them practice ANY celebrations on team time when we see team efforts and penalties (lack of discipline) like that on game day.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm
  • This complaining about the dancing is grasping.

It is a fun thing to do as a potential reward when you score.

The reason they lost is not a TD dance.

Having fun in football isn't a negative either.

There are issues I had (the weird emotional penalities, almost getting into on-field fights AGAIN, etc) but none are ' they took 5 mins out of a practice to do a dance'.

It sucks they lost. I wanted them to win too. Let's not eat our own because they had a bad day. Also, I don't think Baldwin is 100% and it is really looking like that is an issue this year - even with a healthier Lockett and Moore being pretty good.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 pm
  • Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!
    xray
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:03 pm
  • I guess next time the Seahawks scores a TD im not going to celebrate or cheer, I have to wait to see if we win the game first...
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:This complaining about the dancing is grasping.

It is a fun thing to do as a potential reward when you score.

The reason they lost is not a TD dance.

Having fun in football isn't a negative either.

There are issues I had (the weird emotional penalities, almost getting into on-field fights AGAIN, etc) but none are ' they took 5 mins out of a practice to do a dance'.

It sucks they lost. I wanted them to win too. Let's not eat our own because they had a bad day. Also, I don't think Baldwin is 100% and it is really looking like that is an issue this year - even with a healthier Lockett and Moore being pretty good.

Exactly,

It was nice to see the NFL start to allow these things again in the hopes the fans would maybe start enjoying the "game" aspect of the league
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 pm
  • rcaido wrote:I guess next time the Seahawks scores a TD im not going to celebrate or cheer, I have to wait to see if we win the game first...

Idiotic comparison.

Please try harder or seriously consider giving it up. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm
  • xray wrote:Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    OMG......that is so pathetic I cannot help myself. :oops:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    rcaido wrote:I guess next time the Seahawks scores a TD im not going to celebrate or cheer, I have to wait to see if we win the game first...

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

The point is that in that moment, the Seahawks were up 7-0 and the team was enjoying it and the crowd was too.The fact they lost really shouldn't deter them from celebrating the next time they score.

Now.. if they pull out a choreographed celebration down 2 TDs in the 4th... well that's dumb.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:18 pm
  • xray wrote:Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next.!

Roger Goodell is that you? No Fun League in full effect.

Ask any longtime NFL fans what some of their fondest memories are of the old days, and they'll tell you the fun TD celebrations. The Icky Shuffle, Fun Bunch, Billie Whiteshoes Johnson, Neon Deon highstepping it to the endzone.

The only celebrations that are stupid are the players who over celebrate first downs and TD's when their team is getting their asses kicked. You have to know when it's fun, and when it's pathetic.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:23 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    rcaido wrote:I guess next time the Seahawks scores a TD im not going to celebrate or cheer, I have to wait to see if we win the game first...

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

The point is that in that moment, the Seahawks were up 7-0 and the team was enjoying it and the crowd was too.The fact they lost really shouldn't deter them from celebrating the next time they score.

Now.. if they pull out a choreographed celebration down 2 TDs in the 4th... well that's dumb.

It is idiotic just for the fact that as fan you are not being millions of $$ per year to include practicing high school cheer leading dances.

I also admitted it was hypocritical (wrong...not justified....poor judgement...bad....reactive... ect)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:30 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

It is idiotic just for the fact that as fan you are not being millions of $$ per year to include practicing high school cheer leading dances.

I also admitted it was hypocritical (wrong...not justified....poor judgement...bad....reactive... ect)

The players are paid millions of dollars to entertain the fans. The NFL has not only once again permitted these celebrations but are encouraging them.

And I know you and i are saying the same thing at this point. Just keeping the conversation going.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:30 pm
  • Waiting for the Baby Lift celebration.

But who's Baby and Who's Patrick :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

Maybe we need to write a letter telling players to not have fun. you get paid millions, playfootball its your job.

This is the No Fun League! Start acting like it.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:33 pm
  • OMG sometimes these arguments are seriously funny...
    xray
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:16 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Waiting for the Baby Lift celebration.

Fluker+Lockett. You're welcome ;)
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 am
  • xray wrote:Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!

I agree. We live in an age where the league is trying to promote this behavior and antics instead of dissuading it. Probably me, but a player like Barry Sanders or Larry Fitzgerald just handing the ball to the ref is a lot more classy than somebody acting like a fool after a TD. To each their own I guess.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

I already posted the post game show they said they took "5 minutes of practice" time to rehearse it. Yes, I question that it only took that but whatever. It's not that big of a deal. just didn't sit right that Pete even lets them practice ANY celebrations on team time when we see team efforts and penalties (lack of discipline) like that on game day.

Who says it's on team time? I guarantee there's no chance Carroll lets any player slack of during training time.
    Wasn't Schotty just waxing lyrical about all the annotated notes that RW gives him on plays earlier this week? Maybe Russell should be spending that time practicing his dropbacks and improving his timing in the pocket, because he was the reason for the drive-killing sacks on multiple plays where he had plenty of time to throw the ball away.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:46 am
  • jmahon316 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Waiting for the Baby Lift celebration.

Fluker+Lockett. You're welcome ;)

But they should only do it if they win. Apparently.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

What is there to practice as a Hawks WR?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    xray wrote:Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!

I agree. We live in an age where the league is trying to promote this behavior and antics instead of dissuading it. Probably me, but a player like Barry Sanders or Larry Fitzgerald just handing the ball to the ref is a lot more classy than somebody acting like a fool after a TD. To each their own I guess.

Why does it have to be classy every time?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:47 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    xray wrote:Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!

How do you balance sports being a fertile ground for human interest stories while also driving the humanity out of it?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Why does it have to be classy every time?

Middle ground. No celebrating after a TD but you have to score every TD while grabbing your crotch.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

What is there to practice as a Hawks WR?

Getting both feet in bounds, apparently.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 am
  • To me, the most flagrant bad thing about this whole choreographed routine is that it only involved the WR corps. If they can choreograph the entire 53 man roster into a TD celebration, then I have no doubt they could somehow choreograph their actual plays better. Dance is a team building tool if you don't discount it as such.

Can we reanimate the corpse of Busby Berkley to whip the Hawks into shape?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:45 am
  • Well they could get the whole team involved with Pete leading like this :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well they could get the whole team involved with Pete leading like this :)

I'm for it! :lol:
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well they could get the whole team involved with Pete leading like this :)

That would be pretty awesome but make sure you do that after they win the superbowl. Can't have these type of celebration distractions during the season. Need to focus on the next game until you win it all.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information