Pocic - why inactive?

zetes

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone heard or read why Pocic was inactive yesterday? Is he reinjured? It seemed weird that Hunt was the only back up guard especially when Fluker and Sweezy are guaranteed to miss some games let alone playing time considering their current injury history.

Z.

Seymour

Reaction score
Good question. I was wondering why we saw Hunt in there. Pete has a 3:00 press meeting today, hopefully that will get answered.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Add Poona Ford and Naz Jones. Who they needed big time yesterday as the chargers racked up 160 yards on 22 carries.

OP
OP
Z

zetes

Reaction score
sdog1981":3756kajx said:
Add Poona Ford and Naz Jones. Who they needed big time yesterday as the chargers racked up 160 yards on 22 carries.

I thought I heard that Poona Ford was inactive because DE Green returned from injury. I think those guys are lower on the depth chart than Green but Pocic only lost his job because of injury originally and was supposedly the first backup for G and C in the previous game so I'm still confused.

Z.

Seymour

Reaction score
I guess we will stay confused as no reporters asked Pete about Pocic that I heard. :?:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2d77oi3w said:
I guess we will stay confused as no reporters asked Pete about Pocic that I heard. :?:

I thought Pete did answer, he said Hunt can play center and guard.

Not sure that answers the question, but I guess in Pete's mind he'd rather have a less effective but more versatile backup active in case Britt gets injured than Pocic who's strictly a guard.

Hunt's a scrappy player, but he weights like 50 lbs less and is 5 inches shorter than Fluker. I'd rather have Pocic active.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":namt72eg said:
Seymour":namt72eg said:

Not sure that answers the question, but I guess in Pete's mind he'd rather have a less effective but more versatile backup active in case Britt gets injured than Pocic who's strictly a guard.

Hunt's a scrappy player, but he weights like 50 lbs less and is 5 inches shorter than Fluker. I'd rather have Pocic active.

How is that more versatile? Pocic can play both as well, and is suppose to be better. The only reason Hunt is still here is because Pocic became starting guard so he could no longer be used to backup center without impacting 2 positions on the line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":21vsrwc3 said:
Sgt. Largent":21vsrwc3 said:
Seymour":21vsrwc3 said:

How is that more versatile? Pocic can play both as well, and is suppose to be better. The only reason Hunt is still here is because Pocic became starting guard so he could no longer be used to backup center without impacting 2 positions on the line.

Huh? How does becoming a starting guard mean Pocic forgot how to play center?

I swear I heard Pete say that Hunt played because he can play both positions.........he didn't say Pocic couldn't, but that's what I heard. Maybe I'm wrong.

Jville

Reaction score
I like seeing a little healthy rotation in who is active and who is inactive.

It keeps everyone better engaged and builds unity.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
They got beaten out by other acquisitions of Pete's. Plain and simple.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3917uhow said:
Seymour":3917uhow said:
Sgt. Largent":3917uhow said:
Seymour":3917uhow said:

Huh? How does becoming a starting guard mean Pocic forgot how to play center?

I swear I heard Pete say that Hunt played because he can play both positions.........he didn't say Pocic couldn't, but that's what I heard. Maybe I'm wrong.

Pete may have, I just heard nothing on Pocic. Pocic can play both. He was starting guard prior to Sweezy and if he needed to backup Brit they would have 2 non starters next to each other (Pocic @ #2 center and #2G from the bench).

LTH

Reaction score
I asked Bob C about why nobody asked about Pocic... here is what he said

"What specifically? The reason is that Hunt has more recent experience at center, and I think they think he is a better center. If you go with 7 OLs then one is always going to be a backup center.

LTH

AlciG

Reaction score
I hope Fluker is OK and we don't find out, but Pocic could possibly start at guard and Hunt be reserve G/C against the Rams.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1060271602972016640[/tweet]

...................... I like a that! A rotation also keeps everyone engaged and invested.

Seymour

Reaction score
AlciG":32aro0hl said:
I hope Fluker is OK and we don't find out, but Pocic could possibly start at guard and Hunt be reserve G/C against the Rams.

Last I heard Fluker had a mild calf strain and was expected to make it back this week. :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1060273469969985536[/tweet]