Winning games we shouldn't

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Back in April when I looked at our schedule I had us losing to Vikings and beating the Chargers, in part due to the home field advantages. We did just the opposite, so I call it a wash.

Three weeks ago I was thinking we would lose one that was considered by most to be a win....so that happened yesterday. Few picked us to beat the Vikings at their house last spring when the schedule was released.

We are 4-4 and still very much in a wild card hunt. If the cards fall right, maybe we win the division as the Rams were exposed in a big way last night. We are now half way through the season and we have more games at home down the stretch than away. I think we will go 10-6, and I think we surprise the Rams and come away with a win this Sunday.

Perhaps we make the playoffs just as we peak. I remember our 2005 season with so many new players and we wind up in the Superbowl. So it can happen and we just might peak and put it all together just as the playoffs start.

I'm still optimistic that this season is still very much alive and in play for us.

Seahawks 28, Rams 21

lukerguy

Reaction score
I like your optimism, but the Hawks are not winning the division short of Goff going down.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
I think they need to win the games they should first and foremost. Honestly I think they should have beaten the Chargers but they were flat and looked uninspired quite a bit of the game. They cant play that way at all the rest of the season to make a playoff run

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MO Hawk":3hf1fpuh said:
Back in April when I looked at our schedule I had us losing to Vikings and beating the Chargers, in part due to the home field advantages. We did just the opposite, so I call it a wash.

Three weeks ago I was thinking we would lose one that was considered by most to be a win....so that happened yesterday. Few picked us to beat the Vikings at their house last spring when the schedule was released.

We are 4-4 and still very much in a wild card hunt. If the cards fall right, maybe we win the division as the Rams were exposed in a big way last night. We are now half way through the season and we have more games at home down the stretch than away. I think we will go 10-6, and I think we surprise the Rams and come away with a win this Sunday.

Perhaps we make the playoffs just as we peak. I remember our 2005 season with so many new players and we wind up in the Superbowl. So it can happen and we just might peak and put it all together just as the playoffs start.

I'm still optimistic that this season is still very much alive and in play for us.

Seahawks 28, Rams 21

The Seahawks haven't played the Vikings yet. That game is on Dec 10 (MNF) in Seattle. The Seahawks need to win that game for sure. I also believe they must beat the Panthers in Carolina to offset yesterday's loss. The Seahawks haven't been doing a good job of taking care of things at home. So that better improve. That is a significant difference between the 2012 Seahawks and 2018 Seahawks. The 2012 team held serve and were 8-0 at home.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
My bad, sorry about that, I was thinking the Detroit LIons and I had that down as a loss as last spring they looked like they were going to do well.

Thanks for the catch. I agree on the Panthers, a key match up at their house where we haven't don so well in the past.

James in PA

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, if we lose to the Rams this weekend, we’ll be forced to win 3 of 4 against the Packers, Panthers, Vikings, Chiefs. Three of those games are at home. In years past I would have felt good about our chances. Unfortunately we seem to have lost our mojo at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
lukerguy":13hmezmq said:
I like your optimism, but the Hawks are not winning the division short of Goff going down.

Im not sure why you think that... Historically the hawks get off to a slow start and historically they finish strong it a characteristic of Carroll... there is a whole other half of football to play... anything can happen in the NFL... your best bet is to strap on your seat belt and hold on for the ride...

LTH

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
LTH":qc8do2j5 said:
lukerguy":qc8do2j5 said:

Im not sure why you think that... Historically the hawks get off to a slow start and historically they finish strong it a characteristic of Carroll... there is a whole other half of football to play... anything can happen in the NFL... your best bet is to strap on your seat belt and hold on for the ride...

LTH

3 1/2 back with 8 to play is a lot of ground to make up. No division title this year but the 2nd wildcard is still in play. The 12/10 Vikes game could be critical.

LTH

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2g7ycjhm said:
LTH":2g7ycjhm said:
lukerguy":2g7ycjhm said:

LTH

3 1/2 back with 8 to play is a lot of ground to make up. No division title this year but the 2nd wildcard is still in play. The 12/10 Vikes game could be critical.

All of the games are critical... every game is a championship game.. and yeah we are underdogs... thats what is going to make the victory so sweet baby!

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1f7p4crp said:
lukerguy":1f7p4crp said:

LTH

Not sure why one would think that? 3 1/2 games back. Barring major injuries, the Rams wont lose more than 1 or 2 more games.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
lukerguy":336knnxd said:

The Rams are a lot better than the Seahawks. We shouldn't have an illusion about this right now. They're not perfect but they are great.

But things are looking up for the Seahawks. The likelihood of the Seahawks outdoing the Rams this year by improving and executing is really low.

Just enjoy it week to week right now, guys (always a good philosophy). If they play good enough they can get into the playoffs.

xray

Reaction score
" Its not how they start but how they finish " is a nice saying but you have to have the "horses' to finish . Offensively speaking... the Hawks don't have enough dynamic players to win games we shouldn't win. I think that the Hawks will have to go back to the old offense which is expecting Wilson to do the heavy lifting. If that happens I doubt they make a second half run.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3cea6rlq said:
LTH":3cea6rlq said:
lukerguy":3cea6rlq said:

LTH

Not sure why one would think that? 3 1/2 games back. Barring major injuries, the Rams wont lose more than 1 or 2 more games.

Yeah, even an improbable win on Sunday doesn't make the divisional race much closer. The Rams are just a really good football team right now. But.. the Falcons, Saints and Panthers will start taking games from each other, as will the Bears, Vikings and Packers.

The focus, outside of just watching the team improve and exceed expectations, should be the wild card (for the fans, of course)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think we have to accept the fact that we no longer are a dominant home team and a mediocre road team. I know its hard to ignore 30 yrs of team history. But home or away seems not to matter these days. We need to just go out and beat the teams we should beat and then beat a few teams we probably shouldn't. Otherwise we are going to be 7-9 and home for the playoffs.

xray

Reaction score
GO HAWKS...Russell Wilson is the G.O.A T.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No way man, Erin Rodgers can walk on water and this team would go undefeated and win the SuperbOwl with him under center.