I'm so encouraged by the tight end play in 2018

Jville

Reaction score
3. Nick Vannett “had his best game.”

Nick Vannett established career bests in receptions and yards with six catches for 52 yards, and he also had a 6-yard touchdown catch late in the game, so it’s no surprise that Carroll was pleased with the play of the third-year tight end.

“I think Nick had his best game yesterday,” Carroll said. “I thought he contributed in the most obvious ways. He was very consistent. Russ was really comfortable going to him and hitting him in the zones, kind of classic tight end type of play—playing inside and catching curls and stuff over the middle. Great touchdown catch. Nick has rounded into a really well-versed football player for us. We can move him around and do a lot of things with him. We have confidence in him running a lot of routes and concepts and things. He’s always working on his blocking, so he’s been a valuable guy to us.” [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/five-things-we-learned-from-pete-carroll-s-monday-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Another week ...... another tight end stepping up and having an impact. I'm really encouraged by what I'm seeing. The big difference is likely Mike Solari because of his background as a tight ends coach prior to his emergence as an exceptional line coach. The wealth of Solari's considerable experience likely is aiding the forging this offense into a collective whole. This years play at tight end looks and feels like a more integral component of the offense.

Solari has had a big impact. The weekly evidence of that keeps showing up at tight end.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For sure, I'm liking the Vannett/Dissly combo going forward, and then mixing in a solid vet every 2-3 years if needed like Dickson.

If we want to be the pound the rock physical run team that Pete wants, we need 2-3 good blocking TE's that can catch a little........and it seems we're headed in that direction with our TE's.