Troymaine Pope is back

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1059938270090551297[/tweet]

Does not bode well for their opinion of Chris Carson's health, if it bodes anything at all.

Seymour

Reaction score
Why not hang a few of these off the goal posts and call in Lacey?

Beast. I guarantee 1100 yards and 10 TD's. :2thumbs:

chinese-delivery.jpg

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":1aoi1otd said:
Why not hang a few of these off the goal posts and call in Lacey?

Beast. I guarantee 1100 yards and 10 TD's. :2thumbs:

chinese-delivery.jpg

Nope, too many veggies

Jville

Reaction score
Practice squad move. Pope hasn't seen the field during the 2018 season. The return of J.D. McKissic keeps getting kicked down the road. So maybe they are revisiting a familiar and similar style alternative.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just speaks to how unselfish Pope is. This only resets his countdown clock until he goes to Canton. What a guy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Best decision in franchise history right here.

xray

Reaction score
That shows that they are getting worried about RB depth. Carson is apparently lame...but they still got horses in the barn...Davis...Penny...Prosise... there's the problem...Penny and Prosise together can't replace Carson. So as of right now they have Davis as a 3 down back if necessary . Not sure about Mckissic when he returns.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":14gaaybb said:
Just speaks to how unselfish Pope is. This only resets his countdown clock until he goes to Canton. What a guy.

Post of the day. Seriously. I feel you. The Pope love was unwavering!! The legend of Pope paled the legend of Kasen in comparison. He cemented his spot in .net lore that preseason.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The stupidity of the people that forgot why we needed Pope originally astounds me.
(Sorry stupidity is too strong a word but something akin to willful ignorance. Because everytime this guy comes up in any context on any team, people do this silly dance about him forgetting how stupid releasing him turned out to be. Oh yeah, and because of that decision we are still stuck with Procise...yay)

It is almost like they forgot the reason we needed him was a returner. As if they overlooked the fact we ended up stuck with Earl Thomas and Sherman returning punts out there.

(Which at the time I estimated cost us 1-2 games because of poor field position repeatedly)

Or that we were going back into the season with a RB that had been injured. Sure the coaching staff believed he would be healthy. But I figured they either were not smart enough to figure it out or they were just blowing sunshine up our tails. Sure enough, Rawls was promptly injured.

So instead we kept Procise and Collins. Collins was admittedly a decent back elsewhere but he was not quick enough to hit the hole here. He wasn't going to work out and he didn't. Procise had some upside, but again - the point of keeping Pope was we needed a returner.

It actually ended up screwing us over not keeping him.-

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm thinking this is a great addition. I look forward to The Pope helping to exorcise Russell's demons. :twisted:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I was high on pope back when, and glad to see he might have another shot here. Dude has a ton of heart, would be good for depth and special teams.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Can we get Christine back while we at it?How about CJ?Is he available?Oh forget the later(of course not)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Guess our 1st rd draft pick was a waste......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, let's get mad about a practice squad guy, and somehow equate that to Penny being a bust 8 games in to his first season. :?