Bulletin Board Material

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dem are fightin' werds...

Okay boys, what are you gonna do about it?

seabowl

Reaction score
And he's right.

Unfortunately

jmahon316

Reaction score
I swear I would be the happiest fan if we somehow pulled out a W. Even if it's by 1 point, I wouldn't care.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
2012 Seahawks 42 49ers 13 == 2017 Rams 42 Seahawks 7.

What Gurley is saying is that after a loss you really want to win, and you want to win even more against a team that you really want to beat, rather than just some humdrum team that you don't compare yourself to.

This "insult" is, I think, oddly enough a sign of respect.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2u6c55lp said:

What Gurley is saying is that after a loss you really want to win, and you want to win even more against a team that you really want to beat, rather than just some humdrum team that you don't compare yourself to.

Agreed. Plus, the Rams under McVay have always said that they look forward to challenges. So anytime they say anything like "we're looking forward to playing that team", it's definitely a complement.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I would have thought being a 10 point underdog to a rival would be enough motivation.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ez9g37ql said:

Kind of how I took it, too

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Rams just lost to a very good Saints team. A team that would have shelled us too.

I don't really expect us to do anything against the Rams but then again, I don't plan on holding a loss against the Rams against this team. The Rams are on the upper tier of the NFL as far as team strength, we are not.

There won't be much to complain about next week, because nobody rationally can expect us to compete with the Rams. I do expect us to compete with the Vikings and Packers. But a win against the Rams in their house is a ridiculous expectation.

It can happen. But it would be more the Rams just screwing up repeatedly or losing someone to injury than us doing anything. When the Seahawks were great, we lost to lesser teams - but it was more us than them. Same thing. So I don't think a win or loss tells us much of anything this week. Without Carson, I don't see any pathway to victory so I am not going to worry about it.

The Panthers will be an interesting test. But the Vikings have an average QB we can beat and the Packers are struggling for a number of reasons. Those are teams that looked like monsters at the start of the year that at least look beatable now.

We don't need to beat the Rams and I am not sure it even makes sense to worry about it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2mhles95 said:

He's right, it's respect. But most hard core fans aren't going to take it that way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seabowl":10b5gpv2 said:
And he's right.

Unfortunately

Yep. Coming off a tough loss you want to play a division rival to get motivated.

That's what I said in another post, unfortunately now that the Rams lost we're going to have their full undivided attention and anger.

Russell and the defense need to have their best games of the year to pull this one out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah doubt it is trash talk, when you escape with your lives the last time you played a team you don't fire them up. Especially a division opponent that is already pissed off over a loss as well.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
Seymour":hprtyhpo said:
Popeyejones":hprtyhpo said:

He's right, it's respect. But most hard core fans aren't going to take it that way.

But then again fans don’t really play . Right!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seahawks beat the Rams last year in LA. The game last month was extremely close.

What they need is the fire/energy that they were missing against the Chargers. And Seahawks .Net needs to grow a pair. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The same guy who claimed they were "unbeatable" Wrong. They barely won 3 games are got exposed even more by a BETTER Saints team. That being said, I didn't take it as disrespect at all. I took it as he knows the Hawks are a tough team and they prefer to play a tough team after a loss. Especially a divisional rival.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
They’ve been champs 2 years running - but we still run their minds. Love it.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ifr72zq said:
When they do something they haven't done since 1994, win a playoff game, then I'll be impressed.

They won a super bowl in 1999...

JGreen79

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31qoo6se said:
When they do something they haven't done since 1994, win a playoff game, then I'll be impressed.

I assume you mean 2004? The year they beat Seattle 3 times in the same year.