What's up with Naz Jones?

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love this guy and think he had Pro Bowl potential. But he's nowhere to be seen and I see the Thursday's injury report has him not practicing with the designation "NIR" Not injury related?

Would love to see him on the field.
"
Jones showed flashes in his short 11 games on defense last season. With many new faces on the roster, especially along the defensive line, Jones development will play a key factor in the run-stopping defense which ranked 19th in the NFL last season.

Not quite the Seahawks standard if you catch my drift.

Jones is a 2 tech-two gapper who plays the 4 tech at times, meaning he guards two gaps until the runner declares a whole to run through. He’s no Sheldon Richardson at this point in his career obviously, but Jones has the potential to be a solid contributor on this team for years to come. He’s also a lot cheaper "

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/7/29/17 ... ining-camp

warden

Reaction score
He seemed to show so much promise early on in his first two seasons but this year he is always inactive. There is something the coaches are not liking

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
That's what I'm guessing, disciplinary. Pete is so weird when it comes too sitting players, I don't understand it.

themunn

Reaction score
warden":36rcm9du said:
He seemed to show so much promise early on in his first two seasons but this year he is always inactive. There is something the coaches are not liking

This is his second season

seabowl

Reaction score
themunn":lzvwqgme said:
warden":lzvwqgme said:

Yes it's his second season but he played a lot last year and has barely made it onto the field this year. Something is up here.

Seafan

Reaction score
seabowl":3q1xpuwc said:
themunn":3q1xpuwc said:
warden":3q1xpuwc said:

Yes it's his second season but he played a lot last year and has barely made it onto the field this year. Something is up here.

Depth. Poona Ford and Shamar Stephen have both played better. Plus, Reed is a 3 down lineman now.