I've held off...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
on getting down on Schotty, but I'm starting to think we could do better. He's better than bevel, but really that's not saying much.

knownone

Reaction score
He's doing a hell of a job scheming the running game but I have no idea what's happening with our passing game.

mistaowen

Reaction score
We are watching a high school team that runs for 300 yards a week but can’t make passes over 10 yards.

Atradees

Reaction score
Our offense is good enough to win. We are allowing too many points. We rushed for 273 yards. I dont blame the d coordinator either...We just dont have enough pass rush and too much youth.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
We, in a rebuilding year, with new OC, OLC, and DC, having lost the entire LOB, went to LA and had a chance to win against one of the best teams in the NFL, and you have a problem with the OC.

The Rams have been loading for literally years after having terribad season after terribad season and having all those high picks including the 3 first-round picks gifted to them by the Redskins.

We've been rebuilding for 1 year.

And you have a problem with the OC.

Just checking.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree. We didn't lose because of him. This team did played with several injured guys and without Fluker or Carson - and was 30+/- yards away from beating a top 5 team in their house. Rams have a defensive line with 4 former 1st rd picks. That's insane.

Enjoy it. It was a hell of a game. We lost. But I'm proud of how they played.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Atradees":2rap5fkd said:
Our offense is good enough to win. We are allowing too many points. We rushed for 273 yards. I dont blame the d coordinator either...We just dont have enough pass rush and too much youth.

Spot on!

justafan

Reaction score
When you blame the coaching staff for everything,what are you saying?

Are you saying we have far superior talent and should have won on that alone? Are you saying the Rams coaches are idiots and we should have outplayed them because they are stupid?

Our coaches deserve credit for having this team playing above the talent level we have. I get it, its easier to act smart when you are tearing someone down. I am enjoying seeing this team play win or lose. In a lot of ways, more than I enjoyed it when we had the talent advantage.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No matter how well the team is playing, they aren't going to overcome decisions made on the sidelines like empty set 3 and shorts and kicking an onsides kick midway through the 4th quarter.

BHawk28

Reaction score
are we now the Rams? lol, just thinking that sounds like what the Rams were a few years ago. kinda joking, kinda wondering
Chawker":3raaq191 said:
I like the way of hard nose football this team is playing. Dam near beat the Rams here and away.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Gotta love .NET, everyone thinks they are smarter than PC and JS.

We were 10 point dogs today, we nearly won the game. What else can you want? We've had a chance to win basically every game this season. We played a great game today, nothing to be down about.

justafan

Reaction score
BHawk28":9xkqx0f8 said:
are we now the Rams? lol, just thinking that sounds like what the Rams were a few years ago. kinda joking, kinda wondering
Chawker":9xkqx0f8 said:
I like the way of hard nose football this team is playing. Dam near beat the Rams here and away.

No. The Rams had to suck for 10 years collecting talent before they got where they are.

uncle fester

Reaction score
nwHawk":33ba158f said:
Sorry, I disagree. We didn't lose because of him. This team did played with several injured guys and without Fluker or Carson - and was 30+/- yards away from beating a top 5 team in their house. Rams have a defensive line with 4 former 1st rd picks. That's insane.

Y'know, I was feeling kind ok about the result but now you mention it, that's a great take! :D

BHawk28

Reaction score
i know. I just meant right now
justafan":1gdpd00r said:
BHawk28":1gdpd00r said:
Chawker":1gdpd00r said:

No. The Rams had to suck for 10 years collecting talent before they got where they are.

Chawker

Reaction score
You gotta give our boys credit for such a tuff loss! The Rams didn't turn the ball over, they got my respect.
Cheers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nwHawk":1ajx8raz said:

Enjoy it. It was a hell of a game. We lost. But I'm proud of how they played.
Disagree to a point. The game was lost on 3rd down, especially when they ran the epic failure empty sets that always have disastrous results. You don’t telegraph “pass” to the best defensive front in the league, with no RB to run, chipblock, or use a safety outlet to pass to. That’s just plain old stupidity right there.

I’m one of Schotty’s biggest defenders here, but he needs to smarten up his formations and situations.

If you’re cool with moral victories, cool, that’s your prerogative, some of us expect better from a veteran coaching staff.
I expect young talent to struggle (see Queem, Penny etc) not the coaching.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
justafan":2euw8v91 said:
When you blame the coaching staff for everything,what are you saying?

Are you saying we have far superior talent and should have won on that alone? Are you saying the Rams coaches are idiots and we should have outplayed them because they are stupid?

Our coaches deserve credit for having this team playing above the talent level we have. I get it, its easier to act smart when you are tearing someone down. I am enjoying seeing this team play win or lose. In a lot of ways, more than I enjoyed it when we had the talent advantage.
It’s even easier to polish turds and defend poor performances when they fail at their jobs on a given day.
Being obtuse isn’t helping your side of the argument. I’m here to help. :)

mistaowen

Reaction score
2/9 on third, multiple sacks on third and manageable going empty set. Inability to pass the ball is a problem. Inability to get Doug the ball on third is a problem. Inability to sniff out obvious blitzes, run or pass, and beat it with a screen or roll out is a problem.

The whole plan to pound the ball wants to make third downs easier and yet it feels like it just puts more pressure to “complete obvious passing plays.” Rams run the ball incredibly well and don’t telegraph it, mix in a nice balance to catch teams off balance. Two weeks in a row after the first TD their D adjusted and sold out on the run. Lot of opportunities missed to capitalize on man coverage. Running stats definitely boosted by continuing to run it against a soft prevent defense up two TDs.

stack55

Reaction score
Shit, look at the rams. You could say they got the dream team.
Hawks played them tough in there house and put a scare into them.

Latest posts