Passing game is unacceptable for an NFL offense

mistaowen

Reaction score
It’s great they run the ball well but that should open up easy passes as seen by the other good offenses. A solid running game lets the Rams, saints, chiefs, pats all make easy passes for 300 yards each week. Russell Wilson should not be relegated to a game manager with less than 100 yards going into the fourth. It is a genuine problem and Schotty’s history indicates nothing will change.

If you want to be a high school style offense with a QB making only a handful of passes per game, go get Sam Bradford.

rcaido

Reaction score
we dont have the offense to compete w Rams...running was the right way to go. dumb onside kick but still had the chance to win.

knownone

Reaction score
I honestly don't think this is a Schotty problem.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Conservatism, don't throw unless you have to basically. The onside kick I have an issue with simply because Janakowski has never had success with it. Gave them an easy score. I'd rather try a fake punt or field goal before I try a fake onside kick

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
No other team is running over 50% of the time. Competitive but losing games with a chance to win. 1-4 single score games after today. I was hoping after the easy TD to Lockett the offensive staff would realize attacking their SINGLE HIGH SAFETY with man coverage would be easy but nah. For the second week in a row down by two scores, offense burned clock sprinkling in runs for 5 yards.

Chawker

Reaction score
mistaowen":fybri01c said:
It’s great they run the ball well but that should open up easy passes as seen by the other good teams. A solid running game let’s the Rams, saints, chiefs, pats all make easy passes for 300 yards each week. Russell Wilson should not be relegated to a game manager with less than 100 yards going into the fourth. It is a genuine problem and Schotty’s history indicates nothing will change.

If you want to be a high school style offense with a QB making only a handful of passes per game, go get Sam Bradford.

Its easier to find good fans.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What do you want us to do? Drop back and throw 40 times? Have you seen our WR group? We don't even have a receiving TE. We need to run the ball, zero problem with todays game.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Can not win consistently running 60%+ of the time. Too much clock, too high of expectations on low percentage pass plays. It’s a dumb strategy in today’s nfl.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3of9umfs said:
What do you want us to do? Drop back and throw 40 times? Have you seen our WR group? We don't even have a receiving TE. We need to run the ball, zero problem with todays game.

Let’s relax with the hyperbole. Never said throw the ball 40 times, at all. And yes I’ve seen the WR group. They make plays when given an opportunity. Other teams with considerably less talent manage to pass the ball, with zero running game that open it up.

getnasty

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3aqpwj4t said:
Can not win consistently running 60%+ of the time. Too much clock, too high of expectations on low percentage pass plays. It’s a dumb strategy in today’s nfl.

Your right let's get in a shoot out with the best offense in the league and see where we end up.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
When you can run the ball for over 250 yards, you don't go away from it. We scored 31 points, I dont' get the complaints here. If I remember correctly, people complained last season about not running the ball enough. You can't have it both ways. Don't forget it's much easier to run against Suh and Donald than to try to pass protect against them. Sacks kill drives. If we threw the ball more, good chance we would have fell behind on the sticks.

I do agree that the passing game isn't where it should be, but I think a lot of that has to do with our roster. Baldwin isn't 100%, we don't have a pass catching TE, Lockett is probably a #3 WR on most teams, and while Moore has had a nice season, he is not a #3 WR on an NFL team.

justafan

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":9d0cvkpe said:

Agree 100%.I love what they have going. Next year they will take another step and win these games.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":e0rv0c02 said:

Complete non-sense. It helped keep the Rams offense off the field. They usually score 40+ at home, they got 36 off a short field from a fumble.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
The onside-kick only led to a field goal, how sure are you they wouldn't get that if we had kicked the ball deep?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":11a62piv said:
Coug_Hawk08":11a62piv said:

Complete non-sense. It helped keep the Rams offense off the field. They usually score 40+ at home, they got 36 off a short field from a fumble.

Hey excuses excuses. As long as we keep it close, right?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":f7a9dwya said:
The onside-kick only led to a field goal, how sure are you they wouldn't get that if we had kicked the ball deep?

Most likely would have led to 3 points if we kicked it deep. How many times did the Rams punt? Chances are that drive would have ended in points regardless if we kicked it onside or not.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
Chawker":1riyj5cx said:
We lost the ball passing..... Now times that by 4 the game would have been really out of touch.

Russell had 6 pass attempts going into half time.