Our Outlook for the rest of the Year

Scorpion05

Reaction score
What do you think? On the one hand, if we win our next two, we would have gone 2-2 in November against the toughest competition. Not bad

On the other hand, Packers and Panthers aren't guaranteed wins. Vikings and Chiefs come after. What are our chances?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Pick up a win against the Packers and playoffs is still possible. Especially since we play both the Vikings and Panthers.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Grim. We will compete, but I'm not sure we win many more games. 49ers, Cardinals, yes. Other games ... I guess a less than 50% chance of wins.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just don't see us making the playoffs. We just aren't that great. I think our record reflects the type of team we are, about a .500 team. We can beat the really bad teams, we can't beat the really good teams, and we play a competitive game with the mediocre teams.

The NFC South is going to likely get two teams in, and I think the NFC North likely gets two teams. There is a possibility the North gets in three teams. Obviously the games against GB and Carolina will be huge.

Joey13091

Reaction score
If we can beat GB and the Panthers I'm in. If we dont then hopefully next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
If the Seahawks don't make the playoffs and keep Pete they will be on Hard Knocks. Count on it.

Rat

Reaction score
We probably can't lose more than one more game if we want to make the playoffs. With a tough schedule, it's looking bleak.

James in PA

Reaction score
This season has 8-8 / 9-7 written all over it. These “close losses” have killed us. We needed that Chargers game or one of these Rams games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3cuykae6 said:
Teams that pass for 50 yds at the half don't win in today's NFL

Disagree. We had probably close to 150 yards on the ground at half and 14 points, that's plenty. Offense was not the problem. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the better team.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2y8s53op said:
Teams that pass for 50 yds at the half don't win in today's NFL

You can pass for 500 yards a game and still lose as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This is a 7-9 or 8-8 team. Coaching mistakes to me are more concerning than lack of talent or underperforming players at the moment.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Okay, let's look at our competition for a Wild Card:

Falcons: Still have to play Saints, Ravens, Packers, and Panthers. Lose two of those and they're in trouble. The others aren't gimmes either.

Panthers: They still have to play the Saints twice, play us, and a couple of other games that aren't gimmes

Vikings: Have to play us, the Packers, Patriots, and Bears twice. Rough

Eagles: They play the Saints, Rams, Texans, and Redskins twice. Will likely beat each other up, also rough

Obviously, objectively looking at our schedule fans of those teams can easily make those arguments for our team. But, I think we have faced the toughest competition and have the chance to go on a streak, with the Chiefs being the biggest challenge. Thursday is also a must win against a team notoriously known for giving Russ trouble

nutluck

Reaction score
I still think the Hawks end up with a record of 9-7 or 10-6 at the end of the year. Will that be enough for a wild card? Maybe that is a lot harder to guess since it very well could come down to a tie breaker.

evergreen

Reaction score
Well, GB and the Vikings aren’t as good as the two LA teams. We are very close. Need more magic at an.

Elemas

Reaction score
Thinking 8-8...maybe 7-9.

7-9 is what I predicted in another thread before the season started. But, the reasons I thought we would have a 7-9 record couldn't of been further than what's materialized thus far.

The o-line, our reestablished run game. I never understood the Penny pick but, he made my pannies moist today. The secondary...they've had issues but I feel like this year's experience will pay off big for Shaq, Flowers...McDougald is becoming one of my favorite Hawks. Dickson...I mean, what a weapon we have with him. Russ showed today that he still has his legs. I think the OCs will eventually be able to come up with a gameplan that let's him be consistent. He's looked like the same old, incredible RW at times and like a novice in others. We know what he's capable of. This year has been a learning curve from many different angles.

I don't believe we're going to get a wildcard....

But, this team has been "in" almost every game. The first two were depressing. Maybe wishful thinking but, I'm thinking that the future is very bright with this team.

They're challenging teams now. Good teams. 5 losses by a combined 25 pts...A wins a win and an L's and L. But, if you would've told me we would be leading, or be near the front of the pack in the categories that we're actually very good at this year... :141847_bnono:

Not holding my breath this year. Definitely excited about the future.

knownone

Reaction score
The last time the Seahawks started a season 4-5 was in 2015 and they won 6 of their final 7 games to make the playoffs.

I think this team is getting closer to being one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the NFC. I don't see a single team remaining on the schedule that they can't beat. There is obviously very little margin for error but I'm not counting them out just yet. As others have said, beat Green Bay and you have 10 days to rest and prepare for Carolina, win both of those games and you are in the driver's seat.

This team kind of reminds me of the Ravens towards the end of the 2012 season. Much like Seattle this season they could run the ball on anybody but they couldn't pass the ball to save their life and as a result, they lost a lot of one-possession games. The positive here is that once the Ravens found any semblance of consistency in their passing game they were virtually unbeatable.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z0pcj11 said:
This is a 7-9 or 8-8 team. Coaching mistakes to me are more concerning than lack of talent or underperforming players at the moment.

To me a team that keeps coming up short is exactly what an 8-8 team looks like. They can make it seem close but still fail to make the plays to get over the hump that a better team would.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
mrt144":2gdf10zf said:
Sports Hernia":2gdf10zf said:

To me a team that keeps coming up short is exactly what an 8-8 team looks like. They can make it seem close but still fail to make the plays to get over the hump that a better team would.

That's more of good team. Seattle is in the "good" category. Not average. Average teams don't give Super Bowl contenders hell. Average teams also don't put up points this consistently against top teams.

We are a good team with a tough schedule. No worse imo than the Vikings, Panthers, etc.