Our play calling is holding us back

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If we comeback and win I'd guess this thread never gets made right?

rcaido

Reaction score
When we start getting blown out, then maybe...

Too many young players & veterans left the team on defense. Its our defense that needs the most help right now. Griffith has been bad this year. Hopefully we address it in the draft but right now we are young. Our future is still bright.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the future is bright, but depending on the moves we make I think we can be a playoff contender sooner than later. We have a franchise QB, so that's a huge plus. We just need to solidify the defense. We lost a lot of talent on that side of the ball, will definitely take time to rebuild there.

OP
OP
S

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
A franchise QB that we hardly let pass and playing him like a game-manager.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Offense was supposed to shoulder the transition year with a pro bowl QB. Instead we are watching him hand the ball off to burn clock and make 3rd and long work. It’s awesome watching them be able run the ball well but that absolutely should be making the passing game more efficient. Russ had 26 yards at half. It’s a high school program.

chris98251

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":1qh2sdx7 said:
All we do is play conservative.

You have watched them for a while right, you have heard that Pete wants to control the ball with the running game right, so now that he is doing it we are bitching that Wilson isn't throwing for 500 yards and 10 TD's a game. Ok !

Fantasy football losses all over today I guess.

getnasty

Reaction score
Everybody want to run the ball, now we run the ball and we should throw it all the time. We have up 36 points, offense wasn't the problem.

strohmin

Reaction score
chris98251":kg6amt68 said:
SkyHawks16":kg6amt68 said:
All we do is play conservative.

You have watched them for a while right, you have heard that Pete wants to control the ball with the running game right, so now that he is doing it we are bitching that Wilson isn't throwing for 500 yards and 10 TD's a game. Ok !

Fantasy football losses all over today I guess.

I agree that it isn't because we are playing conservative. It's that our passing plays are so damn stupid. What good is running if we are not going to base our passing game off of it. 3rd down empty set for sacks basically washes out any of the good that our running games give us. We need more clever play action.

OP
OP
S

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
And controlling the ball, is really costing us. We are playing old school football while losing games, while the rest of the league are playing pass offense. Baldwin has been underutilized, Wilson had a pathetic 26 yards the first QT. This is not about fantasy football, is about watching an offense that does not play to it's potential.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
getnasty":3e2xrbfi said:
Everybody want to run the ball, now we run the ball and we should throw it all the time. We have up 36 points, offense wasn't the problem.

This guy gets it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":2p4rslac said:
And controlling the ball, is really costing us. We are playing old school football while losing games, while the rest of the league are playing pass offense. Baldwin has been underutilized, Wilson had a pathetic 26 yards the first QT. This is not about fantasy football, is about watching an offense that does not play to it's potential.

Go watch the Bucs or Falcons and tell me how chucking the ball around the field worked out for them.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Running the ball consistently, 60% if need be, seems to be the only way this offense can be successful. We take time off the clock and leave opposing offenses on the sideline. We just don't have a great passing attack other than occasional play action. So if that's conservative, so be it.

stack55

Reaction score
Hell, if it wasn’t for that ridiculous onside kick with
Almost 10 minutes left, we might of won this game.

OP
OP
S

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3ub82aeu said:
SkyHawks16":3ub82aeu said:

Go watch the Bucs or Falcons and tell me how chucking the ball around the field worked out for them.
The Bucs don't have a franchise QB, and the Falcons defense is pretty banged up. Not really good examples. Chiefs Have been chucking the ball all round, and they doing well. I am not saying be pass offense team, but can we have balanced offense.

Chawker

Reaction score
Our play calling is hold us back.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that statement.

*** New title should read- "Our play calling is holding ME back"

My Mighty Seahawks played a great game. No worries we'll mug'em next time!
Cheers

chris98251

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":2n7ilj3j said:
Hawk-Lock":2n7ilj3j said:
SkyHawks16":2n7ilj3j said:

The Bucs don't have a franchise QB, and the Falcons defense is pretty banged up. Not really good examples. Chiefs Have been chucking the ball all round, and they doing well. I am not saying be pass offense team, but can we have balanced offense.

50.8 percent running isn't' balanced?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":o2r1ff6e said:
Hawk-Lock":o2r1ff6e said:
SkyHawks16":o2r1ff6e said:

Bringing up the Chiefs isn’t a good example either. That team is stacked with talent at the skill positions.

While I agree we need more out of the passing game, there was no problem with how th offense looked today. When you can run for more than 250 yards, you keep pounding the ball and keep the Rams offense off the field. I’d much rather be unbalanced in favor of the running game than the other way around.

chris98251

Reaction score
over 250 yards running and 176 yards passing with 3 td's PASSING so where is the argument at?

Just because they don't pass when you want them too like last year we didn't run when people wanted us too, we can do both now and no, you are not getting 700 yards and 56 points a game week to week from a Pete Carroll team, better go be a Chiefs or Ram fan if you want that.