Blame the coaches for 6 points today.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If we had urgency at the end of the half, we should of had 3.

Then onsides cost us 3.

That is 6 points total. This last drive could of been for a fg win. I still chalk our one score record on youth but coaching decisions have hurt as well.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
This loss was absolutely the Coaches poor play calling fault. I sincerely blame the Coaches. Going for the Onside Kick with almost 10 minutes left in the game with a Kicker who hasn't made on Onside Kick in 25 attempts was STUPID!!! Big surprise and not a good call... Probably one of the worst decision in the Pete Carroll era... Although there's been a few.

He sincerely should consider Retirement at the end of the season. "The Seahawks are too class of an Organization to Fire Him at this time of his Career." A Coaches prime responsibility is leading his team with proper play calling decisions... Didn't happen in this game and at least a couple others that cost us games. Time to move on to the next chapter of Seahawks Football... This season is for all practical purposes in the dumpster!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Who said if we kicked off to them that they wouldn’t have scored?

The Breh

Reaction score
"If it works you're a genius, if not-then it was a bad move".
-Tony Romo

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Breh":2hlk0yxe said:
-Tony Romo

Pretty much. Sean Peyton looked like a genius when he did it in the SB.

I didn’t like the call but had no problems with it. When you are a big underdog and not getting stops on defense, you have to go outside the box. Pete rolled the dice and it didn’t work.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If you don't kick the onside kick you trust your defense. Which is what I think the coaches should have done. It's not like the Rams scored on 100% of their drives.

We had sacked Goff twice, Rams would be trying to protect the lead. They would have eaten up more clock but, 24-26 is a LOT different from 33-24. They had all the momentum once they recovered the onside. Bad decision. The genius saying doesn't apply here simply because SeaBass simply cannot kick onside kicks to save his life.

The Breh

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":lrniqw57 said:
The Breh":lrniqw57 said:
-Tony Romo

Pretty much. Sean Peyton looked like a genius when he did it in the SB.

I didn’t like the call but had no problems with it. When you are a big underdog and not getting stops on defense, you have to go outside the box. Pete rolled the dice and it didn’t work.
That was the example I first thought of. But damn if Romo didn't say it perfectly addressing our specific situation.
And the Rams are as unpredictable as anybody. They do wild shit all the time.
"No risk it, no biscuit".
-Bruce Arians

hoxrox

Reaction score
Easily the top 5 worse calls of the PC era. Great that he wants to shift momentum, as that does factor in a game, but I hate it when Pete gets hormonal. Sometimes it pays off, but more likely than not, it's pretty stupid. The game was in reach until that call.

I was at a Raiders bar and even the Raider fans were saying, why go for an onside kick with one of the worst onside kickers in the league? Seabass had his day, but he now looks like an overweight slob who has had way too many 6 packs to be a legit NFL kicker, with the focus and accuracy that a kicker needs to be viable in the NFL.

PC was basically banking on that instead of the analytics. He didn't trust his young defense apparently. And that's too bad. If you're going to gamble, at least give it to Dickson to see what he could do in that situation.

The Rams clearly have better talent than us, but this was a win that was squandered on multiple levels.

getnasty

Reaction score
hoxrox":1qcofbt0 said:
Easily the top 5 worse calls of the PC era. Great that he wants to shift momentum, as that does factor in a game, but I hate it when Pete gets hormonal. Sometimes it pays off, but more likely than not, it's pretty stupid. The game was in reach until that call.

I was at a Raiders bar and even the Raider fans were saying, why go for an onside kick with one of the worst onside kickers in the league? Seabass had his day, but he now looks like an overweight slob who has had way too many 6 packs to be a legit NFL kicker, with the focus and accuracy that a kicker needs to be viable in the NFL.

PC was basically banking on that instead of the analytics. He didn't trust his young defense apparently. And that's too bad. If you're going to gamble, at least give it to Dickson to see what he could do in that situation.

The Rams clearly have better talent than us, but this was a win that was squandered on multiple levels.

They got a field goal out of it and the chances are they would have got a field goal out of the drive anyways. If you took that drive away we gave up 33 points so let's not act like the defense was on lock down. If that was a top 5 worst decision of PC career then he's been pretty money over his career.

Jville

Reaction score
I see the Blame Brigade is at full throat. So sorry to all who couldn't see their way to enjoy such a terrific game.

Outstanding contest today!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
If they kicked it away maybe they score maybe not. One thing they didn't do was eat up maximum time. We still had a chance at the end. Even with the turnover deep in their territory.

I think the loss can be pinned on the open middle on defense. They ate that area up all day.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Jville":1axdz3n8 said:
I see the Blame Brigade is at full throat. So sorry to all who couldn't see their way to enjoy such a terrific game.

Here, Here!
:irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":3nczexrx said:

Looks like the Moral Victory Brigade just showed up. Let me know when we can cash those in and get into the playoffs with them. How nice is that participation ribbon we got today??? Asking for a friend....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jville is right, it was an incredible game, just like that last one. Gave one away they could have won. But this team is not far from being damn good imo. That onside kick call was beyond stupid.