Ed Dickson

seabowl

Reaction score
Is it me or do they hardly play Dickson and when they do he makes plays. He needs to be in th game plan much more in order to add IMO the best TE weapon on the team. ED ED ED!!!

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
seabowl":3a70k9jy said:
Is it me or do they hardly play Dickson and when they do he makes plays. He needs to be in th game plan much more in order to add IMO the best TE weapon in the team. ED ED ED!!!

Posted on the gameday forum..the invisible man!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, you could use the excuse that he was getting back up to game speed and all that, but it's been like 3 weeks now.

It seems like he should be on the field more.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone know if past Schotty teams utilized the TE a lot?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Why again don't we use him much?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Maybe because Vannett is playing pretty well.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much he was on the field? This almost reads like speculation but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Vannett had at least the one nice 1st down catch and run.
George Fant is getting a run at TE on a number of plays.

I don't have knowledge of why so seemingly little Dickson this game.

One guess...
The Hawks had several successful blitz pickups during the game, plays that in the past would have turned into a Wilson sack or even a fumble or pick. Instead, they turned into big plays for the Hawks. In fact, on the 4th and 3 TD to Moore, the Panthers blitzed, and the Hawks O-Line/protection picked it up. At least one, maybe two or more other long completions were on blitzes the Hawks picked up. *

So... my GUESS is that Vannett and Fant are better on the blitz pickup coordination and chemistry with the other O-Line guys than Dickson is right now, simply because of Dickson missing so much time earlier this season. Sound plausible? Anyone recall plays that support or undermine that guess?

* P.S. Isn't it awesome seeing OUR team doing this now, instead of always seeing the opponent pick up our blitzes, and going "Oh Shit!!" and hoping their QB throws an inaccurate pass? And then cursing some more when instead it's a big completion for them?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Vannett is playing well in the passing game. Fant is playing well in the running game. Dickson missed all of preseason.

Probably enough reasons right there.

I'm happy with the TE play this year and really am high on Dissly long term.

sutz

Reaction score
Dickson had 2 catches for 13 yards. They're working him in.

And yeah, he was probably in on some of those blitz pickups, too.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I was looking for snap counts but it looks like that will be a Monday thing.
Hopefully me or someone else will come back and post team (and TE) snap counts to look at the data and see how snaps were divided within the TE position group.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Snap counts:

OFFENSE:
Ed Dickson: 44 (71%)
Nick Vannett: 25 (40%)
George Fant: 17 (27%)

Not including their special teams snaps.

I'm assuming that Fant's snaps were at TE, rather than tackle, i.e., the Mike Tice "Outside Tackle" position.
If people think that's not a correct assumption, please share info.

Bottom line, Ed Dickson is the #1 TE for the Seahawks at this time, has passed Vannett.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
olyfan63":258vxhyj said:
Snap counts:

OFFENSE:
Ed Dickson: 44 (71%)
Nick Vannett: 25 (40%)
George Fant: 17 (27%)

Not including their special teams snaps.

I'm assuming that Fant's snaps were at TE, rather than tackle, i.e., the Mike Tice "Outside Tackle" position.
If people think that's not a correct assumption, please share info.

Bottom line, Ed Dickson is the #1 TE for the Seahawks at this time, has passed Vannett.

To break this down further, Dickson ran 12 routes (pass blocked seven times and run blocked 18 times).

Vannett ran only four routes (pass blocked two times and run blocked 16 times, so they might be preferring Vannett's run blocking to Dickson's).

Dickson didn't have a great game as a blocker. Vannett was more productive on his limited opportunities.

Fant ran one route, pass blocked a couple times, and run blocked 12 times. They're building a tendency here that they can exploit with play action.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
BigMeach":xrqit19h said:
Does anyone know how much he was on the field? This almost reads like speculation but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Snap Counts shows Dickson was on the field for 44 Offensive snaps (71%) so ya, he was there. Probably blocking most of the time.

o.jpg

toffee

Reaction score
Dickson made a crucial block on the 4th and TD play, interestingly, Ifedi didn't have anyone to block on that play.