We Are Not What Our Record Says We Are

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
4-5.

Nope. I refuse to accept that paradigm. Yes we are 4-5 but this team is not a 4-5 team. I totally get if you disagree and I have no dog in this fight so take your argument elsewhere...

This is a scrappy, YOUNG team learning to find their way. It's maddening at times. They are capable of greatness, yet capable of dog crap on the same breath.

Today's game's lost is due to the defense and Russell Wilson. Would love to hear other's thoughts.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We're a young team on the ascendency. New system, massive player overhaul. We're getting better every game. LA might be the best team in the NFL. Making the playoffs would be a step forward from last year, even if we do it with 9 wins.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":ujm3csbx said:
4-5.

Nope. I refuse to accept that paradigm. Yes we are 4-5 but this team is not a 4-5 team. I totally get if you disagree and I have no dog in this fight so take your argument elsewhere...

This is a scrappy, YOUNG team learning to find their way. It's maddening at times. They are capable of greatness, yet capable of dog crap on the same breath.

Today's game's lost is due to the defense and Russell Wilson. Would love to hear other's thoughts.

I have said it before I have no expectations this year other then to see us improve and grow as the season progresses.

Growth happens differently week to week, we saw Simmons get his first start and I never heard his name against a Division opponent that wanted to play pissed off and aggressive.

That's a great thing, no news is good news for a O lineman and it shows we are gaining depth there, Penny Broke out this game with more carries and is over a 100 yards.

We went to a hostile environment and played the number one offense in the league to a stalemate up to that onside kick, ( still scratching my head on that)

We need a few more horses on defense, more time for the offense to gel and be expanded a bit, and the young guys to believe they can win anywhere at any time.

It will come, I see a lot of good, they never quit all day long.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Coaching and play calling/formations on both sides of the ball were piss poor.
...and don’t get me started on the onside kick decision. Doesn’t excuse the mistakes on the field by the players but the coaches crapped the bed today! Sorry if that is blunt in a “looking for a positive thread”, but it’s the facts.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We have beaten the teams we should have (except Denver) and lost the ones we were expected to. The packers, Vikings and panters will shed some light. 2-1 and we are ascending. So far the sample size as to how we are doing is limited. You can’t say we suck because we lost to the rams twice and San Diego. You also can’t say it’s 2012 based upon wins over the raiders, lions and cards. I really think these 3 upcoming games are true measuring sticks.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
We need a few more horses on defense.....

Two more horses on defence to be exact. Someone to step in and make up for the Michael Bennet sacks(we literally have no-one) and someone to step in and fill the Richard Sherman vacancy.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
I agree. Tough start to open the season but 4 and 3 since with all 3 losses being one score losses to playoff bound teams. Got to get back to .500 with a win on Thursday and then find a way to close the last 6 strong. Favorable schedule although tough with 4 of last 6 at home. There are a lot of 500 teams in the playoff hunt right now and Seahawks have some teams that are in the thick of it on their schedule so they have some control of their destiny. Packers game is a must win.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We are about what most everyone expected this season. Good teams will win more of these close games. Average teams will lose more of them. We're a year or 2 away. We're a little outclassed at times-we need an infusion of more talent on D.

Our running game is coming together, OL is indeed improved but our D has serious holes. Giving up more 3rd and long plays, pass rush frequently non-existent, average to poor corner play. And back on O, our passing game seems limited to play action. Whether scheme or lack of WR talent or issues with Russ, our passing attack needs changes.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1edk2w7p said:
Whether scheme or lack of WR talent or issues with Russ, our passing attack needs changes.

I'm thinking that Russ is beginning to slip in his skills. Yes...I know that he had a perfect game two games ago, but I'm not liking what I saw today. That final pass of the game on 4th down was way over Lockett's head....he used to be "dead on" in the past.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They're right where I thought they'd be.

This is a growing/learning season for the young group.

It's time to move on from KJ Wright. Austin Calitro would've helped our defense more today.

I'm not disappointed at all after this game, or where the team is. But this is a 4-5 team, and will finish 8-8 imo.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I totally agree, really hard to win when defense gives up 36 points. Granted, there was that sack-strip, which for the record happened in 2.6 seconds. But this is a tough young team with growing pains.

I'm not as down on this team as others. This isn't a SB team, we're a border line playoff team that SHOULD make a major jump next year with more familiarity for Russ and this offense

evergreen

Reaction score
There are 4-5 teams that have been blown out. No one has blown us out. Not even. Bone head qb play and shitty refs are why we’re 4-5. I think we go as Russell goes.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
As Pete remarked in the post-game, they didn't take the ball away. The last two games the team has come frustratingly close to getting a tip, a pick, turnovers, but were just off in position enough to have the ball hit the ground.

Law of averages says this will change. Just hope it changes in the next 4 days....

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
4-5 is exactly who we are so far. We cant beat a good team yet and its going to take a year or so.

nutluck

Reaction score
I still think the Hawks are a 9-7 or 10-6 at the end of the year.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
We are one good pass rusher away from the defense taking it to the next level. I will say they are an exciting 4-5 team. Frustrating at times but exciting all the same. If they get another good edge pass rusher and start attacking the middle of the field instead of always throwing for the sidelines, this team will take off IMHO. Was excited to see Penny start to play up to his potential. I expect him to have 3 more games like that the rest of the season. That would be a successful rookie year for Penny.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":iae8bmug said:
4-5 is exactly who we are so far. We cant beat a good team yet and its going to take a year or so.

Yeah

Id say its closer to "we are better than the record... or better than many thought"

But the team is 4-5 for good reasons.

Im encouraged but still no idea what to expect heading into next week or next year

getnasty

Reaction score
If you started the season over today I think we are 6 and 3. The first two games were winnable be we hadn't figured things out yet, we were horrible in week 1 and 2 yet were still in those game. Run those back today and I say we win no problem.