Romo pointing out our defensive game plan

seabowl

Reaction score
It was interesting to listen to the national coverage of the game especially when Romo was talking about how our 46 D was getting picked apart by the Rams O for the first 3 quarters. Once we switched it up in the 4th quarter to a DT over the center he said we would be more successful which we were until we again went back to the 46. I think Romo is the best announcer these days and his analysis about our D was pretty spot on. The D plan today pretty much sucked and as he said we should have played more of a traditional D against the Rams.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Romo is actually very good in diagnosing offenses and defenses, which means he could be a good coordinator.

It's just too bad he was the definition of anti-clutch.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I really appreciated Romo and his descriptions of offense and defense. Man I wish more color guys gave that effort in describing why plays do and don’t work. Maybe to cerebral for the fantasy crowd but I really thought he showed some good insights.

I think we need to re-tool the defenseive scheme a bit to solve these Rams. But no one else seems to be able to either. They create an obvious mismatch and Goff basically has one read to make. I watch our passing game and the receiver the play is designed to go to is always covered. McVey is a great play caller and just knows where the soft underbelly is to attack. Much like Sean Payton.

TreeRon

Reaction score
He pointed out that we put a man over the center to stop the run, but he also added that was putting our backfield one on one which could be dangerous.