MAN DO WE SUCK!!!!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Just kidding.

We played a better team @ their house and did pretty well. Lots to like about this game, some other areas that need (a lot?) of work, but overall, an entertaining game.

Main takeaways: Our D actually got beat today. Hands down. And surprisingly it was their run game that really did it. They're a strong young team. Have to give them props.

Our run game was OK. Our O-Line remains the most improved part of this team over last season even if this wasn't their best game. Passing game was a little wobbly but RW did fine. He ran through some huge holes for strong yards which was nice to see.

Seems their coaching staff reacted a bit more quickly than ours and that really seemed to make the difference.

This season's Seahawks might be the single best team at playing very good teams close but not close enough to actually win.

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
P.S. Can't help but wonder how much better we would have been in prior seasons had Cable been shipped out sooner. The difference in our O-Line and run game is night and day.

I'm actually kinda stoked for the future next week and next year...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pretty much it, really.

Id say the running game was pretty damned good though. Just doesnt seem to up as much for the pass as youd hope.

Little outplayed, little outschemed, little outcoached. Thin margins but thats the NFL

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ompchxt said:
Pretty much it, really.

Id say the running game was pretty damned good though. Just doesnt seem to up as much for the pass as youd hope.

Little outplayed, little outschemed, little outcoached. Thin margins but thats the NFL

True. We seem to get outschemed too much.

Hope that changes for the better. Not sure it will with Pete but there's a foundation being built right now and I like what I'm seeing overall.

Penny's 100 yard game was a surprise. He's not a Carson tank but he's got a quick juke and doesn't shy from contact when needed. Reminds me a bit of a healthy Curt Warner.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is what I see whenever you post and I couldn't be happier about it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":2i3q7ocs said:
This is what I see whenever you post and I couldn't be happier about it.

I still rib on Semi here and there, but he has acknowledged Seattle outperforming its expectations and shown some excitement.

That goes in the "credit where it's due" category. Plenty of people out there who will find ways to twist things into their narrative, or just slink away. OP hasn't done that.

chris98251

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ycra913 said:
P.S. Can't help but wonder how much better we would have been in prior seasons had Cable been shipped out sooner. The difference in our O-Line and run game is night and day.

Well this is the pain we suffer, if shipped out earlier Solari and Schotty would not have been available.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Running game is really impressive, credit to Solari and Schotty for that along with the guys up front. Passing game has to be better and actually stretch the field a couple times. I hate the restricted field approach they take and need to do something different on first and second down to punish teams run blitzing. For the life of me I can't figure out why they don't call any drags, slants, or streaks down the middle of the field where linebackers are attacking the LOS or release an RB late after chip blocking. Lots of curl routes and sideline fades from David Moore - seems to be the creativity of the passing game.

Defense hung in there, was expected to have some hiccups with the face lift this season. KJ looks slow, given how much he has helped historically I am hoping it's just taking a bit longer to get up to game speed however he has been a liability past two weeks. No reason for him to get 1.5 tackles yesterday when McVay was literally running plays at him. There was a pass while he was in zone where if he'd turn around, it's an easy INT, except he was facing backwards and looking in the wrong direction of the WR near him. Another thing that bothered me was Griffin looks like he goes half speed on plays, can't have that. Tre Flowers looks promising, a year of NFL strength program will do him wonders. Pass rush needs to be #1 priority this offseason and it's a great draft to get some new blood there.

GLio14

Reaction score
This isn't our year. It's missing something for sure, but they're not bad. Next year is the time we can start hoping for our progress to show.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pete should lose half his salary over having kept Cable for so long. He should have to pay Wilson and all of the running backs for the beatings they took behind those Cable lines too.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I've accepted that this isn't our year but am encouraged, with a few concerns, for 2019 and beyond. Still, it's kind of weird not being the victor after being able to notch 273 yards on the ground -- an opposite result of what would usually be the case after such output.

Reaction score
I am pleased that we're constantly pushing teams, even when we end up on the losing side. People may think it's a defeatist attitude to be praising the team after a loss but I don't see it that way, I acknowledge that this is a young team, far from the finished article, but I'm glad they're showing qualities to beat very good teams. Even in a loss, you can prove that.

It's also worth nothing that whilst we have lost a few games, we've always kept it tight. The Saints let the Bucs score 48 against them, the Ravens easily beat the Steelers, the Patriots just got soundly beaten by the Titans...can you imagine the fallout on here if the Seahawks lost 34-10 to a Mariota lead Titan team? A loss in that fashion to a very good Rams team is nothing to be ashamed about, but at the same time, I'm glad that nobody will be resting on their laurels, this team won't be happy with two close losses to the Rams next year, they'll expect to split the games or want to win both.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The game was closer then I thought it'd be without Carson and Fluker, but it's still supremely frustrating to lose another game on the last drive.

We're now 1-7 in our last 8 games decided by one score or less. When you have a defense that's rebuilding, these are the games you need your veteran QB and offense to win for you. Just not getting it done.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10x52g21 said:
The game was closer then I thought it'd be without Carson and Fluker, but it's still supremely frustrating to lose another game on the last drive.

We're now 1-7 in our last 8 games decided by one score or less. When you have a defense that's rebuilding, these are the games you need your veteran QB and offense to win for you. Just not getting it done.

If you were just rebuilding a defense, we are rebuilding a O line and have a new OC and Line Coach, we have a new DC as well, we are introducing new WR's and new RB's.

There is a whole lot of new and rebuild going on on both sides. We see mistakes but not on the level that we would see in other places with this kind of turnover of players and coaches.

They get thinks completly synced up and find 2 pass rushers and 2 LB's or at least get the guys healthy and some players back such as Kendricks and we will once again be selectively looking at players to plug in to elevate our team play again.

nwHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":p6b37g1g said:
273 yards rushing? Dayum. Last year we would celebrate getting one yard :lol:

Can I nominate this as post of the year...!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":33yg1hfb said:
semiahmoo":33yg1hfb said:

Well this is the pain we suffer, if shipped out earlier Solari and Schotty would not have been available.

That's a good point.

I'm really starting to like Schotty. Wonder if he's on the short list to be the next head coach?

I think he deserves to be.

Record might not show it but this team is a LOT better than the previous season IMO.

And really fun to watch even when they come up short.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":an409nm2 said:
Pete should lose half his salary over having kept Cable for so long. He should have to pay Wilson and all of the running backs for the beatings they took behind those Cable lines too.

AMEN.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Ruminator":14bv7bns said:
I've accepted that this isn't our year but am encouraged, with a few concerns, for 2019 and beyond. Still, it's kind of weird not being the victor after being able to notch 273 yards on the ground -- an opposite result of what would usually be the case after such output.

Well, our D gave up a lot of points which was reason #1 for the close loss.

That said, this D is still outperforming this season given all the changes. We got beat by the better team but it was close.

There's a lot to like about this year's Seahawks. A lot more than the previous two seasons.