Is it more on Pete or on Russ. Interesting stats inside.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I see either its Russ or Pete depending whose side you are on.

So i broke down PC as head coach and his PPG and rank.

Before Russ, PC ranks are this:

25th PPG
8th PPG
11th PPG
20th PPG
23rd PPG
23rd PPG

Highest PPG rank

8Th in NE

Worst PPG rank

23rd Rank twice in 2010, 2011.

AVG Rank Pre-Russ

18.3 rank for PPG

Since Russ has joined, the ranks are this:

9th PPG
8th PPG
10th PPG
4th PPG
18th PPG
11th PPG

This yr isnt done so I didnt count it.

Highest PPG RANK

4TH PPG IN 2015

Worst PPG Rank

18th PPG rank in 2016

Avg Rank with Russ:

10th for PPG

So imo Russ made Pete better from the offensive standpoint.

Link below

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... arrPe0.htm

JGreen79

Reaction score
It's crazy to think a good QB made a defensive minded coach's offensive numbers better. I wonder how Belichick's ranks look pre-Brady

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
But it's not dumb debate. Go look at twitter. People are saying either rid the team of russ for pete or vice versa.

So who needs who more is the discussion.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2inaz41l said:
Go look at twitter.

Seahawks Twitter is dumb. Bunch of smuglord techbros who never played the game in their lives and were determined to get Pete fired if he got anyone but John DeFillippo for his OC. John DeFillippo! John DeFillippo! Did I mention John DeFillippo! I'm trendy and analytical because I know who John DeFillippo is!

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9iy1jaxg said:
Shanegotyou11":9iy1jaxg said:
Go look at twitter.

Seahawks Twitter is dumb. Bunch of smuglord techbros who never played the game in their lives and were determined to get Pete fired if he got anyone but John DeFillippo for his OC. John DeFillippo! John DeFillippo! Did I mention John DeFillippo! I'm trendy and analytical because I know who John DeFillippo is!

This too lol. Twitter wants russ gone as well. I'll tell you this, the people wishing this on both sides will miss them when they are gone.

doso

Reaction score
So what is Russ’s PPG without Pete?.. Could it be they make each other’s PPG better?..

themunn

Reaction score
I find it amazing that Pete Carroll with Russell Wilson is better than Pete Carroll with Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Hasselbeck and Drew Bledsoe.

knownone

Reaction score
themunn":gh9m4lg5 said:
I find it amazing that Pete Carroll with Russell Wilson is better than Pete Carroll with Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Hasselbeck and Drew Bledsoe.
Tjack is just happy to be in the conversation with 3 great QBs.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I like the combination! Pete, Shotty and Russ work together well. They're putting up the points, what more can you ask for in an offense? There's only been one game where they scored less than 24 points all season. No complaints about the offense here.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Idk why the condescending replies. I thought it was a interesting stat and was new to the board. I apologize.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11d44knx said:
Shanegotyou11":11d44knx said:
Go look at twitter.

LOL - so true. Twitter is pond scum. The Reddit board is much-much better.

That said, the OP question is legit.

Russ vs Pete. Who goes first?

Not long ago I thought for sure Pete was on his way out.

Now, wondering if the team is giving Russ a lot harder look as to longer-term viability.

Going to be another very interesting off-season, especially when the new ownership talks really ramp up...

NINEster

Reaction score
themunn":3dwtmif9 said:

We never saw prime, young Hasselbeck with Carroll. Just one season.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Let's keep this on topic. If you don't like it, move on to another thread that's more to your liking.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":20hdtaty said:
But it's not dumb debate. Go look at twitter. People are saying either rid the team of russ for pete or vice versa.

They need each other.
Pete has put together some sensational Defenses, which helps the TOP for the Offense.
Russ as a Quarterback has helped Pete's Ball Control system, he has rushed for scads of yards over the years.
It's what's commonly referred to as symbiosis.
Although I do believe that Wilson could have played a star role in MOST of the other teams in the NFL, probably not very many would have been so ready & willing to give the 3rd rounder the reins from the very get-go like Pete did.
IMHO, It was the perfect storm.

niveky

Reaction score
so 17/24 for 176 and 3 td's and 92 rushing yards on 9 carries and they are calling for his head? he is doing what pete wants him to do and I really think that has been the thing the whole time he has been here. He is like the ultimate team guy and he is going to do what they want him to do, but when that doesn't work he puts it all on his shoulders and has tried to force things in the past. There was a lot of magic with that and also his share of mistakes.

This season, the running game has really blossomed again and while I do think they should loosen the leash a bit it seems like they want to keep Wilson on in regards to keeping those rushing attempts up he is doing what they want and has still been able to continue his streak of having the most td passes of any other quarterback since the beginning of last season. I believe as of sunday it was 52 since the start of last season. They mentioned how he is also only the 3rd quarterback of ALL time to have 20 or more td's in his first 7 seasons. I think the other two were Payton Manning and Dan Marino. Pretty good company. His passing yard numbers have not been gaudy at all this season but they are right in it every game.

Anyone that would say that he got a td in garbage time last sunday I would call complete bs on them and they are just being an outright hater on Wilson. They were in that game until the very end and it was very conceivable that they could have won the game on that last drive. They just didn't have as high a level of execution at the very end to do so. I believe it was the same story the first game against them this year at the end.

I am pretty sure that the only other team that has been able to go toe to toe with the rams this year was the saints(coincidentally the only team to beat them) and the seahawks have done it twice. Sure there are no medals or championships for effort or whatever but to know they can go blow for blow with the Rams tells me they are in position to go out there and win any given game this year, regardless of the opponent.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
JGreen79":1ej0pd87 said:
It's crazy to think a good QB made a defensive minded coach's offensive numbers better. I wonder how Belichick's ranks look pre-Brady
Interesting comparison. Didn’t Pete and Belichick’s both have Bledsoe at New England? The way I recall it Belichick failed at Cleveland before getting a second chance replacing Pete in New England? It would seem that both “defensive” coaches initially struggled with the QB’s they inherited but each had future all pro qb’s fall into their laps.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3g1gef67 said:

It goes beyond that.

Before this, there was the whole "Russell isn't elite, needs a running game to be effective". But go take a look at Marshawn Lynch's career production. You'll see an unmistakable spike in production that neatly coincides with one particular personnel move.

Seems Pete isn't the only one better with Russell.

Quite honestly, I don't know if there are any elite QBs that would buy in to a scheme and philosophy that we run. We've had plenty of offensive players leave disgruntled because they don't get the opportunity for star wars numbers. We never hear that from Russell. And I think that's a credit to him individually.

To be effective with less opportunity. For any one single missed opportunity to become the seeming reason why we lost. That's got to wear on him.