RW has best QB rating against blitz

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflmatchup/status/1061992279643250694[/tweet]

I like this list. Russell is #1 with a 129.4 QB rating against the blitz, and Brady is last. :D

Seymour

Reaction score
Something tells me that will have no effect on the Stafford boners poping up around here. :shock: :snack:

knownone

Reaction score
QB Rating doesn't account for sacks or fumbles, so this is a slightly misleading stat. We could adjust the formula for sacks and fumbles but then Andy Dalton would be first and that's just kind of weird.

evergreen

Reaction score
I knew he was always really good but this year I wouldn’t have guessed that. Sacks take a huge toll.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
knownone":11x5s6dw said:
QB Rating doesn't account for sacks or fumbles, so this is a slightly misleading stat. We could adjust the formula for sacks and fumbles but then Andy Dalton would be first and that's just kind of weird.

Russ is the only great QB who makes mistakes, who knew

Anyone who watches film around the league, especially of Brady, knows the whole unstoppable Brady narrative is a myth. He often has great protection, especially by Seahawks standards. Watch film of him against Rex Ryan’s defense when the Jets defense was great. Watch any game he’s struggled in. Then listen to what Mike Vrabel(Titans) said about Brady yesterday post-game about what happens once you take away his first read and pressure him. He crumbles. All time great, but it’s always been annoying to hear people critique Russ by extreme standards. Most elite QBs give you B to B+ games throughout the year, with a couple C’s in between and some A- to A++ to balance things out

Russ btw, has always had a great rating against the blitz. Especially when Baldwin was healthy

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, don't you know???? Everything bad that happens with this team is Russ' fault. It's clearly his fault that the pass blocking was a joke on that fumble. He's supposed to have eyes in the back of his head.
It's clearly his fault the D is getting shredded too.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15ufw2o7 said:
Nah, don't you know???? Everything bad that happens with this team is Russ' fault. It's clearly his fault that the pass blocking was a joke on that fumble. He's supposed to have eyes in the back of his head.
It's clearly his fault the D is getting shredded too.

It's clearly his fault that Sea-bass shanked the onside kick.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Update: Russell Wilson is still destroying the blitz.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1069975969648308225[/tweet]

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised that he is best against the blitz?

He’s had more practice against unblocked rushers, in his career, than any other quarterback. He should be pretty darn good against it by now, or dead.

LOL

Seymour

Reaction score
The problem with using just passer rating vs blitz is that passer rating doesn't consider a sack a pass attempt (and shouldn't because most sacks are on oline not qb). Russell likely benefits some (ranking wise) because of that because his sack rate doesn't show up. Reason I bring this up is because this does not represent the total picture of how well we do overall as a team vs the blitz unfortunately.

Sorry but I need to bring this up since Twisted and Spin are on vacation do to playing too well. :twisted:

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2018":fazlwzjz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflmatchup/status/1061992279643250694[/tweet]

I like this list. Russell is #1 with a 129.4 QB rating against the blitz, and Brady is last. :D

Can't be true. Elite QBs do not finish even avg in any passing category, let alone last place. So I have been told.

Wilson & Rodgers have always killed the blitz. Yeah they protect their rating by taking some unnecessary sacks here and there in the process. But the best way to play them has always been to play coverage, have disciplined rush lanes and let them run into sacks holding the ball against 4 man rushes while they are looking for the big play downfield.

My mouth waters when I see that the opponents are blitzing. Please keep blitzing Wilson.
Fimages2Fe6beac2cd6d572dcea82593ec37503832Ftenor

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
In a related tweet...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1067876542225764353[/tweet]

I love how they offer a hypothesis and then right away post a series of numbers that glaringly refute said hypothesis. Their "bottom 5" list contains three of the league's better QB's.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":163dhhoz said:
In a related tweet...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1067876542225764353[/tweet]

I love how they offer a hypothesis and then right away post a series of numbers that glaringly refute said hypothesis. Their "bottom 5" list contains three of the league's better QB's.

Also the 4th most pressured QB in the NFL per pass play. Of course, this can be misleading, since the Seahawks pass less than any other team and thus have a higher proportion of 3rd down passing plays, when the defense can focus more on pressuring the QB.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1069600665561939968[/tweet]

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
One of the metrics for passer rating is yards per attempt, which is is going to be low for guys like Brady who dump the ball off immediately to the outlet receiver. The more mobile QBs who hold the ball longer are naturally going to be ranked higher, particularly since sacks don't count.

It's really a very poor metric, and an even worse one for situational data sets

Fun fact: Only 2 Seattle QBs have ever had a perfect passing rating for a game: Russell Wilson and Dave Kreig.
Fun fact 2: Peyton Manning had 4 perfect passer rating games, and one 0 passer rating game.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1op0fknc said:
One of the metrics for passer rating is yards per attempt, which is is going to be low for guys like Brady who dump the ball off immediately to the outlet receiver. The more mobile QBs who hold the ball longer are naturally going to be ranked higher, particularly since sacks don't count.

Fun fact: Only 2 Seattle QBs have ever had a perfect passing rating for a game: Russell Wilson and Dave Kreig.
Fun fact 2: Peyton Manning had 4 perfect passer rating games, and one 0 passer rating game.

So why isn’t Newton at the top of the list?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Primarily due to legit run threat.

Wilson is so much better this season in ways beyond mere stats.

Wonder if we'll be willing to pay him what he wants which very well could be what he deserves.

GO HAWKS!

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":wjecyw2d said:
KiwiHawk":wjecyw2d said:

Because his theory is a hip shot in the dark that missed the broad side of the barn. ;)

Mariota
Prescott
Rodgers
Newton
Taylor

are all mobile QB's and they all are bottom half of the league.

Fade

Reaction score
Seymour":195ha0k5 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":195ha0k5 said:
KiwiHawk":195ha0k5 said:

Because his theory is a hip shot in the dark that missed the broad side of the barn. ;)

Mariota
Prescott
Rodgers
Newton
Taylor

are all mobile QB's and they all are bottom half of the league.

Mobile QBs = Automatic high passer rating. Or so I have been told.

Cam, Vick, and many others disprove this, but you got to hold on to something I guess.