Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Brock Huard gave Wilson a B+ grade for yesterday's game.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • When a quarterback turns the ball over and digs a hole in the 4th quarter in what was a close game....how is that a B plus performance?
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Practice Squad

• He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• Wilson made some great throws, including three TDs. 123.2 QB rating. Rushed for 92 yards. He had the fumble but then he led a TD drive right after that. 31 points on the road. B+ seems right.

He should have gotten rid of the ball faster on a few 3rd downs.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I agree on holding on too long.Brock on the radio said from his view on most of them no one was open though and we just weren’t getting separation.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.

This.
    Somewhere I read he was hit in 2.5 seconds on that strip sack. That is more on the Oline than on Russell.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.

This.
    Somewhere I read he was hit in 2.5 seconds on that strip sack. That is more on the Oline than on Russell.

Unless the argument is that he took way too much time I don't see how you argue the fumble was much his fault at all b/c you fumble that ball 90/100 if you get hit in the throwing motion from the blindside.
    erik2690
    NET Starter

• B+ seems reasonable to me if you consider that he was an A+ in the running game and a B- in the passing game. It was a good overall performance and would have beaten most NFL teams. He's capable of playing better but we could have won if we had gotten a little more from a number of places besides just the QB.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• I'd give him a solid B. The passing got wobbly later in the game as their defense adjusted but overall a good performance.

Our D lost the game more than anything but did so against an opposing team's offense that is firing well this season so for a young crew not terrible shame in that.

We played a very good team very close and just got outplayed that final quarter.

We knew going into this season expectations were low. I'd say the Hawks have already managed to exceed those expectations a bit. Lots of unanswered questions moving forward but hey at least we have an O-line and running game to try and use to win these days. And the D, young as they are, play hungry so it's been fun if not overly successful win-wise.

That's football.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.

Bingo.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

• vigilantgrrl wrote:When a quarterback turns the ball over and digs a hole in the 4th quarter in what was a close game....how is that a B plus performance?

When a Quarterback's only turnover is a sack strip fumble in 2.6 seconds or under in his BLINDSPOT then yes, most reasonable people will give him a mulligan. Also, Wilson is a part of our run game success. On Penny's TD run the LB completely crashed in on Wilson expecting him to run. Wilson also changes plays at the line

No one criticizes Wilson harsher than some fans. I was reading Vrabel's quote on Tom Brady and he basically said that if you pressure Brady and force him to go to his second read he crumbles :roll:
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.

This.

Yup, that's on the OL.

A successful block is held for 2.5 seconds or more. That means the DL should only be disengaging from the block at 2.5 seconds, not hitting the QB.

Having said that, it's not like the Rams' DL sucks. Probably equal parts credit to them and blame on Brown.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• He did have a good game, if you want to blame him for crap play calling in the 2nd half, have at it. Having him sit in the pocket cost them the game, absolutely no excuse for doing it, and it cost them the game.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• B+?
    130 passer rating?

They should really consider trading him. :stirthepot:
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• There really isn't room for a lot of valid criticism this week on the offensive side of the ball, Wilson included. Dude had what is probably his third best game of the season, and the offense scored 31 points.

They had a chance to win at the end, but were behind because they couldn't keep the Rams locked down enough on defense. Gurley had a 7.5 YPC average with 120 yards (their team had 6.5 YPC for 149 yards), and Goff got over 300 yards with a couple of TDs. They only had to punt twice.

If the defense could have kept them locked down enough to kick a couple of more punts, this offense was more than enough to win. And it was the right kind of offense - a lot of punishing rushing.

Wilson played a hell of a lot better than Tom Brady did this week, just so the "Patriots always" crew is tracking.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• I'd have given Wilson a A-.

Strip sack was not his fault. Onside kick idea was not his. Those two things likely cost us the victor more than anything else. Wilson led the offence admirably with a lot of clutch throws into tight windows (Vannett and Lockett TD's were throws many QB's don't make).

Just wasn't enough in the end. But really the loss was all on the defense that was shredded by the Rams for 7-8 yards a play and not a single turnover. Russ was the least of the teams problems.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• ON the strip sack, it was pointed out by Romo that Wilson couldn't step up and Brown's block would have been fine but for that fact. It happens. Unfortunately it happened at that time.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

• lobohawk wrote:ON the strip sack, it was pointed out by Romo that Wilson couldn't step up and Brown's block would have been fine but for that fact. It happens. Unfortunately it happened at that time.

I don't remember hearing that from Romo, but that sure is exactly what I saw. Russ had nowhere to go with the ball as the middle was being pushed back toward him along with blind side pressure. He would have had to do something around the 1.5 second mark which nobody can really expect.

Schotty wants him to stay in "the pocket"....be careful what you ask for.
    Last edited by Seymour on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.

Which is exponentially better than awful. I think he’s worth every penny what we gave him so far.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.

Which is exponentially better than awful. I think he’s worth every penny what we gave him so far.

I agree.
    Brown has given up a few here and there, but is still rated higher than Okung is right now. Okung makes more $$ and their age is similar so I'd say we came out ahead given our other options at the time.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.

He has one holding call this year, that's it.

Brown's solidified a position that's been a nightmare for us since Okung left and has helped resurrect Sweezy's career, he's the least of our worries on that line.

As far as Wilson goes, I'd downgrade him to a solid B. He ran decisively, had some good throws.........but in the end airmailed Lockett to end the game, and we needed Russell to be great in that moment, and he wasn't. So solid B.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.

Brown's solidified a position that's been a nightmare for us since Okung left and has helped resurrect Sweezy's career, he's the least of our worries on that line.

Not talking penalties. When a D-lineman gets to Wilson, I see Brown surrendering it a little too often for my tastes, given the money and picks we gave up to get him.

Could be worse though, and nobody wants to face the possibility Seattle made yet another move that brought too little bang for the buck, so I generally haven't said much.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Not talking penalties. When a D-lineman gets to Wilson, I see Brown surrendering it a little too often for my tastes, given the money and picks we gave up to get him.

Could be worse though, and nobody wants to face the possibility Seattle made yet another move that brought too little bang for the buck, so I generally haven't said much.

That was one play, the majority of the pressure Sunday was coming right up the middle with Suh and Donald. They destroyed Britt and our guards on just about every pass play.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Mad Dog wrote:I'd have given Wilson a A-.

Strip sack was not his fault. Onside kick idea was not his. Those two things likely cost us the victor more than anything else. Wilson led the offence admirably with a lot of clutch throws into tight windows (Vannett and Lockett TD's were throws many QB's don't make).

Just wasn't enough in the end. But really the loss was all on the defense that was shredded by the Rams for 7-8 yards a play and not a single turnover. Russ was the least of the teams problems.

I agree with this, but at the same time I have to acknowledge that the Rams offense does this to pretty much everybody. They average 33.5 ppg and 450 ypg. I think it's pretty safe to say that the only way to beat the Rams at this point is to either out score them, which would probably take at least the mid to high 30 point range, or to have an absolutely exceptional defensive performance. Our defense isn't there yet, but then again I'm not sure whose is.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• That O is impressive, that's putting it mildly. But offense doesn't win championships. Need to also have some D to back it up.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

That was one play, the majority of the pressure Sunday was coming right up the middle with Suh and Donald. They destroyed Britt and our guards on just about every pass play.

I'm also not talking about just this game. I'm talking ever since he got here, including this season when he's been healthy.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I'm also not talking about just this game. I'm talking ever since he got here, including this season when he's been healthy.

I just don't see it, and I haven't seen it.

Brown was shaky last year because he had that ankle injury right away.........so I'm happy with a healthy above average left tackle in FOREVER, to lead and solidify the line.

Everyone's gushing over Fluker, Sweezy, Britt and how Ifedi's playing much better. You think Ifedi and the other guys haven't benefited from Brown in the film room, and all his experience?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• vigilantgrrl wrote:When a quarterback turns the ball over and digs a hole in the 4th quarter in what was a close game....how is that a B plus performance?

If you focus on one play the whipsaw in variance will have you thinking someone is the GOAT one week and just a hair above the Peterman Experience the next.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• As stated earlier, this loss was on the D, and certainly NOT on Wilson.

The blatant anti-Wilson stuff is getting old. I'm all for criticism when deserved but he played a very solid game. Overall probably one of his better games of the season.

Still not sure I'd pay him the big++ money to stay but the fact it's a tough call points to his ability to play the game at a level better than most...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Regardless how much I am a Wilson fan or stick up for the guy, I can't fathom thinking he had a bad game on Sunday. Give me a break. And that fumble was all on the O Line getting toasted again on pass protection. Way more needs to be talked about when it comes to coaching. How many times in the last 2 seasons have we seen the Hawks get outcoached at the end of games? Losing games they should win, over and over again, it's getting old. Other teams adjust, Pete and his coaches either try to get cute when something is going just fine or.......they try to make Russ sit back there behind an average at best pass blocking team. The time management has been a huge issue with this team. Plays like the onside kick, next level stupid.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information