Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Playcalling - Get it straight

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Playcalling - Get it straight
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm
  • LTH wrote:.. Its irritating to read posts that are so far off base that it is ridiculous...

Keeping your vast football knowledge close to the vest in order to criticize other people's opinions with impunity, smart.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:48 pm
  • I stared reading through this thread this morning but I had to leave for an appointment. When I got in my truck and turned the radio on, I keep NFL channel on (SiriusXM). Low and behold the first thing I here is Bruce Murray and Brett Favre start to have a conversation about how under appreciated Russell Wilson is and how great of a QB he is. They went on to talk about some of the very things in this thread. The one thing Favre stressed was that Wilson is a proven winner and there isn’t much he can’t do.

Take from that what you will. I would have loved to be able to write it verbatim but it’s just not possible.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:My reaction was actually quite appropriate given OP's post, which is negative, not constructive.

Criticism is not always negativity. If we can't criticize players...

You also didn't address what I said - the implications of the word "just" in the OP.

So now I'm going to add reading glasses to the prescription of what is now three chill pills, because you're giving the distinct impression of some guy sitting at his desk grinding his teeth with a massive vein throbbing just above his temple. Over a post on the internet.

Maybe I should make a thread like the OP saying that Russ cannot be the scapegoat, and the focus should be on Schotty. I'd be called a Russ fanatic, so in using that same logic I'm calling out this thread for what it is. Let's now discuss criticism vs negativity.

Criticism: "Russ missed that play. He missed that throw, should have read the defense differently there. Etc."

Negativity: Posts that imply Russ struggles to "think" like a good QB is supposed to, basically suggesting he's not smart enough (that has been implied on here). Or...overly criticizing him for things that are pretty standard among other players at his position.

Also "Negative" and not merely criticism:

You no longer can just point at the OC as your scapegoat. Not with any real valitity anyway.

Translation, blame Russ, not the OC when things go bad. Also:

you no longer have easy copouts and the guy isn't your baby or even some greenhorn

OP's subsequent posts have sounded more reasonable, but you can't set the tone like that for a thread and be surprised when someone reacts

The problem on this board is, you've accepted over the top Russ bashing as the norm. And yes I said bashing, not just criticism. There's a difference. Criticism is an open conversation about the offense, the limitations of the offense, and Russ, Pete, AND Schotty's role in it. The entire premise of the thread, as OP stated, is to focus on Russ while SIMULTANEOUSLY saying the OC should have less culpability. It's not holistic. If we're going to debate the offense, a good place to start might be to not suggest the OC has nothing to do with our offense's flaws. Just the short QB that is a constant punching bag on this forum. If I sit at my computer with a massive vein throbbing, as you claim...it's because I want to see people criticized fairly. And Russ, as I will continue to maintain is one of the most critiqued, and inexplicably polarizing QBs in the league despite his success.

You draw your own meaning outside of the literal definitions of the words I stated. Your "translation" is way off.

There is no way, shape, or form where it is all on Wilson, but at some point you'll have to come to terms with the fact that Wilson is PART of the problem given that you don't have a Bevell scapegoat.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:53 pm
  • LTH wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    LTH wrote:I question how any of you guys think you are qualified to second guess Wilson or Shotty? Ok I guess thats your job as fans but what ever! LOL

LTH

Ya....what he said! Be good little Stepford Fans and......

:sarcasm_off:

Its not that I think the Seahawks can do no wrong there are plenty of things they could do better... Its that I think most don't understand the progression during the season... Its irritating to read posts that are so far off base that it is ridiculous... Maybe they will be an 8-8 team I cant say for sure but its way more fun to ride the wave rather than doubt things that are not even really relevant...

Just my take hammer me if you want :stirthepot:

LTH

Nah...I'm not going to hammer you. I'm mostly a wise guy and enjoy humor. That said, if you are irritated by ridiculous posts....prepare to stay irritated alot! You really just have to choose your battles here or you will certainly go mad. I tend to defend Wilson here alot because I get tired of the BS expectation and know Cable was his biggest problem and it still lingers. That said, yes Russ still is a bonehead at times, but given our entire QB history I'll take the good with the bad.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:56 pm
  • Side note, I wandered over to the slums of Fieldgulls and read an article suggesting that it's 2 pass audibles, one for man and one for zone (makes some sense), and one run audible. My understanding was that he could flip sides of a zone read run play or change to a quick hitting trap.

That said, we may have 4 potential line calls.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:01 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    LTH wrote:.. Its irritating to read posts that are so far off base that it is ridiculous...

Keeping your vast football knowledge close to the vest in order to criticize other people's opinions with impunity, smart.

I never claimed to Know everything about football...But i do know enough to know that half of you guys or better are clueless... But your right this is a message board that depemds on opinions and I probably shouldn't have said anything I should have just kept to my self and let the flatulence be abundant LOL :rumble:

LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm
  • LTH wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    LTH wrote:.. Its irritating to read posts that are so far off base that it is ridiculous...

I never claimed to Know everything about football...But i do know enough to know that half of you guys or better are clueless... But your right this is a message board that depemds on opinions and I probably shouldn't have said anything I should have just kept to my self and let the flatulence be abundant LOL :rumble:

LTH

Why don't you lay out a few points that half the people get wrong from your PoV? Don't have to quote anything and get into long winded arguments with anyone in specific either. You can use "I feel" and "I think" to reduce the seeming definiteness of your statements and you don't have to walk to the ends of the earth defending them if quoted and rebuffed. Give it a shot.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm
  • LTH wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

LTH

Woopsy.....I'll take back "I'm not going to hammer you" after reading that ego inflated post. :shock: :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:31 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

LTH

Woopsy.....I'll take back "I'm not going to hammer you" after reading that ego inflated post. :shock: :141847_bnono:

Hammer away LOL These NFL offenses are extremely complicated...Things are called for reasons that the average fan doesnt understand because they don't know football the way a QB or OC does... Wilson is in a new offense with new terminology and its a process to understand and execute... So when I read this stuff I just have to shake my head for the lack of understanding...

Wilson this, Wilson that... fire Pete... fire Shotty... bring back Bevell.. its all ignorance in its finest form...But hey I shouldnt have said anything this is a fan message board and thats the way its supposed to be...Thats the way it always will be so I apologize for bringing it up...LOL

:pukeface:

LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:06 pm
  • LTH wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

LTH

Hammer away LOL These NFL offenses are extremely complicated...Things are called for reasons that the average fan doesnt understand because they don't know football the way a QB or OC does... Wilson is in a new offense with new terminology and its a process to understand and execute... So when I read this stuff I just have to shake my head for the lack of understanding...

Wilson this, Wilson that... fire Pete... fire Shotty... bring back Bevell.. its all ignorance in its finest form...But hey I shouldnt have said anything this is a fan message board and thats the way its supposed to be...Thats the way it always will be so I apologize for bringing it up...LOL

LTH

Found Bevell.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:42 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    LTH wrote:

LTH

LTH

Found Bevell.

I don't know, I like him. (not Bevell)

I think what he is trying to get across is that we are not privy to vital information to form such detailed opinions of why RW this or that. I certainly get that. I don't agree with the complication of the offense as being the reason but I do think a lot of things happen that we do not know about.

All you have to do is go to the video that was posted here (I can't remember who is in the video) of the 4th down in the Rams game. It was a breakdown of why RW overthrew Lockett. We could not see it on TV and the darling of commentating, Romo, didn't say anything about it either, but Brown ran away from where RW was running. That video was an 'Ah-Ha' moment. It makes you realize that there may be more to what you see than what you're looking at.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 pm
  • One thing I don't think I made clear is how RW has effected the running game at the line. The simple ability to switch sides on inside zone runs has raised effectiveness and that quick trap is awesome. Passing inconsistencies and line calls aside, he's made a real difference in the run game just by alteration of a given play.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Previous

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information