Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jake Heaps - Final Play against Rams

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jake Heaps - Final Play against Rams
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:41 pm
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Re: Jake Heaps - Final Play against Rams
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:43 pm
  • Great explanation, thanks
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:51 pm
  • So many variables on any given play. It's hard to make cause and affect appraisals on game day with any confidence. Post game video review is the avenue to enlightenment.

Thanks for posting.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 pm
  • Jaron Brown is an inside mole. Once Seattle showed interest, he and the Arizona brass made the decision that he should sign the one year deal (with the promise that he will sign with Arizona again in free agency next year) and infiltrate and gain as much intel on Seattle as he could, and if possible, purposely and stealthily play a part in the failings of any winnable games that are lost. It all makes too much sense! He's already stated that he had always loathed this team during his time in the desert. :sarcasm_on:

Honestly though, thanks for sharing. I really enjoy these vids. It's always good to see from other angles.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:37 pm
  • Yea this also tells me these are some easy fixes hopefully. No idea what Jaron Brown was thinking there, I feel like Tate or Richardson in that position wouldn't have had that brain fart
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm
  • Should have dropped Brown and get a comp pick instead. He better make up for it in one of the big games.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:00 am
  • I'm always amazed when NFL athletes do things that are contrary to what they have been taught since middle school.
    What wide receiver has EVER been told that when your QB is scrambling , you run in the opposite direction into coverage and leave the QB on an island?
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 am
  • rcaido wrote:Should have dropped Brown and get a comp pick instead. He better make up for it in one of the big games.

He's scored three touchdowns this year and sealed a block for a fourth (one of Mike Davis' rushing TD). The blonde moment last week was unfortunate, but he's still brought more production than most fourth-round picks do.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 am
  • Brown MUST have thought he was clearing out space for Doug to flow with Russell...but man, that was just an idiotic move by him on so many levels. Could Russ have tucked it and gotten the 10? I know there was a CB right there, but I feel like vintage Russ could have pulled it down, made that dude miss or stiff armed him and gotten to the sticks. But, maybe I'm just wishful thinking.
    "...the disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten." - Earl Thomas, discussing the Cowboys only offering a 2nd rounder in a trade for him.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 am
  • chawx wrote:Brown MUST have thought he was clearing out space for Doug to flow with Russell...but man, that was just an idiotic move by him on so many levels. Could Russ have tucked it and gotten the 10? I know there was a CB right there, but I feel like vintage Russ could have pulled it down, made that dude miss or stiff armed him and gotten to the sticks. But, maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

I think RW was worried about using too much clock. In hind sight, he probably still should have ran it but in those few milli seconds, who knows.
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 am
  • TreeRon wrote:
    chawx wrote:Brown MUST have thought he was clearing out space for Doug to flow with Russell...but man, that was just an idiotic move by him on so many levels. Could Russ have tucked it and gotten the 10? I know there was a CB right there, but I feel like vintage Russ could have pulled it down, made that dude miss or stiff armed him and gotten to the sticks. But, maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

I think RW was worried about using too much clock. In hind sight, he probably still should have ran it but in those few milli seconds, who knows.

I don't think he would have gotten that far. He had Aaron Donald if I"m not mistaken on his heels. If he tries to juke the CB he get's tackled from behind.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:58 am
  • TreeRon wrote:I'm always amazed when NFL athletes do things that are contrary to what they have been taught since middle school.
    What wide receiver has EVER been told that when your QB is scrambling , you run in the opposite direction into coverage and leave the QB on an island?

I think the ability to not lose your damn mind is part of a player's skillset and what makes one player potentially more talented than another.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:18 am
  • So much for all the hand wringing that Wilson was flaking on the last play. It also illustrates the BS line that it's all on the QB to win in the end. These are teams and as such need everyone.

For example, Brady years ago sealed the deal by throwing an interception to the Chargers in the playoffs. Would have lost, but for the heady play by a WR to strip the DB. Brady goes on to be acclaimed as unstoppable and who you want to have the ball in the end. While he basically lost the game (see also the Tuck).

Pundits and fans love crowning/blaming QBs far beyond their actual role.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:19 am
  • This was really good and it shines a light on some of the struggles in the passing game...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information