Another 173 rushing yards game!

toffee

Reaction score
Let's give our running game some love? When Schotty said during off season that he wants to run even when opposing defense knew we are running, he was widely laughed at by the national media. I am loving it when we could run and run successfully when defense had 8 in the box.

We had three backs, all experienced 100+yards per game, each had something different to contribute. Our O line, was rating the bottom in league before the season starts, now a hole opening machine. Fant has become a one of the most effective blocking TE.

I think most defense rosters were designed to stop passing, they knew we are running at them, but they don't have the personnel to counter it.

If only we could run like this the last two years.

Polk738

Reaction score
Penny has done like a complete 180, that 30 yard run of his was just amazing, I thought we were going to have another beast quake but sadly he got tripped up.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Polk738":2299vrzb said:
Penny has done like a complete 180, that 30 yard run of his was just amazing, I thought we were going to have another beast quake but sadly he got tripped up.

I felt like he was more gassed than anything at that point, needs to learn to control himself still. He's getting there.

King Dog

Reaction score
BigMeach":v1jdl7no said:
Polk738":v1jdl7no said:

I felt like he was more gassed than anything at that point, needs to learn to control himself still. He's getting there.
Hope he trains with Carson all off-season

sutz

Reaction score
But we don't have an NFL passing game.

:twisted:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":b642tk43 said:
I think that's 5 straight games with 150+.

That's Pete's best vision coming to fruition. Control the clock, wear them down by the 4th to create play action and run it down their throat to finish it. More to come!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's got skinny legs that's what I heard on draft night what a load of crap. Penny has game breaking speed he's only going to get better.

jachba

Reaction score
toffee":1bqmky72 said:
Let's give our running game some love? When Schotty said during off season that he wants to run even when opposing defense knew we are running, he was widely laughed at by the national media. I am loving it when we could run and run successfully when defense had 8 in the box.

We had three backs, all experienced 100+yards per game, each had something different to contribute. Our O line, was rating the bottom in league before the season starts, now a hole opening machine. Fant has become a one of the most effective blocking TE.

I think most defense rosters were designed to stop passing, they knew we are running at them, but they don't have the personnel to counter it.

I'm not sure why he would be laughed at. During his father's tenure in San Diego and in 2006 in particular, the Chargers were doing that on a regular basis.

hawks85

Reaction score
I predicted a 13-3 finish a few weeks ago and I was wrong. What I wasn't wrong about is our run NOT being stopped. No one in this league can stop our run game. If we make the post season or the SB...Thank the running game.

hawks85

Reaction score
I predicted a 13-3 finish a few weeks ago and I was wrong. What I wasn't wrong about is our run NOT being stopped. No one in this league can stop our run game. If we make the post season or the SB...Thank the running game.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
jachba":35kx0k1c said:
toffee":35kx0k1c said:

I'm not sure why he would be laughed at. During his father's tenure in San Diego and in 2006 in particular, the Chargers were doing that on a regular basis.

Probably because of what Seattle's O-line and running game looked like last year...

themunn

Reaction score
Averaging 184 yards per game over last 7 games

hawknation2018

Reaction score
To do that when the top two backs are beat up is especially impressive. Schottenheimer is a run game mastermind.

I would like to see Mike Davis get the bulk of the carries against Carolina, a physical and stout defense against the run. We are going to need to run through brick walls against Carolina. With Carson and Penny beat up, Davis makes sense as the feature back for that road game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Per the radio crew during post game, Seattle is only the third team since the ‘70s (I think 1975, but I can’t remember for sure) to run for 150 or more in seven straight games.