Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 pm
  • The previous 2 games Seattle was unable to pressure the QB . Well that changed tonight and pressure on Rogers was the difference in the game along with Wilson. If they can do that the rest of the year there's a realistic chance for a Wildcard.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:24 pm
  • Clark is a beast. Jacob Martin is on a great trajectory. And Rasheem Green finally showed up.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16151
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Clark is a beast. Jacob Martin is on a great trajectory. And Rasheem Green finally showed up.


    Defense that's the way we get to the playoffs.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 pm
  • Clark earned himself some money tonight. Hopefully not with the Rams or Niners.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:46 pm
  • Not to mention that on two of those sacks, it looked like Rodgers was going to be able to scramble for a first down and more with wide open turf in front of him.

    Just a clutch performance in the 2nd half
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2201
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:Not to mention that on two of those sacks, it looked like Rodgers was going to be able to scramble for a first down and more with wide open turf in front of him.

    Just a clutch performance in the 2nd half


    Yes very clutch on the D. Awful 3rd quarter for the O though. So frustrating with Wilson holding the ball too long. The 4th was another story!
    User avatar
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1028
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm
  • The D line is a solid, underrated group... Highly motivated... I really like them!!

    LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 pm
  • LTH wrote:The D line is a solid, underrated group... Highly motivated... I really like them!!

    LTH

    Yep. The D line is by far the strongest facet of this defense.
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1437
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:33 pm
  • At last!!!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5475
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:43 pm
  • Played lights out but also shout out to actually making proper scheme adjustments overall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 pm
    Location: Cedar Rapids, IA


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 pm
  • It was great to see the 5 sacks, and at crucial times as well.
    More please! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24099
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:41 pm
  • Pass rush definitely showed up today. That said, Rodgers took some sacks that would make Seahawks fans break their Tv if it was Russ. Held the ball longer than 5 seconds at times.

    That said, pretty impressive to just stay disciplined and make him pay for it. Great pass coverage on the back end as well. But we still need to focus on pass rush in the off season
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 897
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:47 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:Pass rush definitely showed up today. That said, Rodgers took some sacks that would make Seahawks fans break their Tv if it was Russ. Held the ball longer than 5 seconds at times.

    That said, pretty impressive to just stay disciplined and make him pay for it. Great pass coverage on the back end as well. But we still need to focus on pass rush in the off season


    I completely agree pass rush and offensive line they get that right next draft Seattle will be back to a 10-6 team.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:29 am
  • My initial take was a lot different, namely that most of our pressure was attributable to good coverage. The TV broadcast might change my mind tomorrow but I think the few blown coverages made things look worse than they were. On most passing plays Rodgers either had time to throw or bought time by scrambling and the coverage was quite good most of the time.
    User avatar
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3560
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:53 am
  • AgentDib wrote:My initial take was a lot different, namely that most of our pressure was attributable to good coverage. The TV broadcast might change my mind tomorrow but I think the few blown coverages made things look worse than they were. On most passing plays Rodgers either had time to throw or bought time by scrambling and the coverage was quite good most of the time.


    Yes most were plain coverage sacks.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2493
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:20 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 am
  • That 2nd half defense, as it was last week, was really good. Great adjustments
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13918
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:That 2nd half defense, as it was last week, was really good. Great adjustments


    Absolutely! I'd like to see more adjustments after Q1
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2687
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:30 am
  • I find the comments interesting. When looking at overall picture it seems like there are just inconsistencies with the defense. They can do all things (cover, pass rush, run stuff) but usually not all together. It seems to me like as time progresses and players get more experience with the game and each other there will be more consistency of play where the D line and secondary are all playing better at the same time. Until then we will see more explosive plays against us exploiting it.

    Plus we did not have KJ as well.
    User avatar
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1063
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:That 2nd half defense, as it was last week, was really good. Great adjustments


    Absolutely! I'd like to see more adjustments after Q1

    That is harder to do, and nearly impossible if the O is throwing 3 and outs.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15512
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:That 2nd half defense, as it was last week, was really good. Great adjustments


    Same point I made to Twisted when he said "the defense could not improve". They sure as hell have in the 2nd half the last couple of games! If they didn't, they lose that game.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:17 am
  • D is giving up too many long passes. Wish they would clean that up. Also, the line is letting QB's out of the pocket. Not just Rogers, they aren't containing the pocket very well.
    Still did well enough for the W. Go Hawks!
    User avatar
    Seahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 109
    Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:57 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:28 am
  • Their sacks rushing just 4 on 3rd down were impressive.
    User avatar
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:30 am
  • 94Smith wrote:Their sacks rushing just 4 on 3rd down were impressive.


    I was impressed as well. So much of the league has gone to 5 man rushes.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 8007
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 am
  • Rodgers now has 30 sacks on the season, tied for fourth most sacks, so I don't know if this is a good metric of our pass rush. Clearly, several of these sacks were coverage sacks, and Rodgers should have thrown it away.

    We will have a better sense after facing the Panthers and the Chiefs. Newton and Mahomes are tied at 23rd with 17 sacks each.

    As an aside, Drew Brees with only 9 sacks this season comes in at 36th on the list Drool.
    Fire Tom Cable

    Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2398
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:35 am
  • ^^^^ Exactly. Surprised people are putting it mainly on coverage when Rodgers could have tried to get rid of the ball, which is what we usually expect for our QB. I guess it’s the emotional aspect of rooting for the Seahawks, we still need a stronger pass rush and it will show itself against future opponents like Cousins or even Brees. Unless Clark plays out of his mind
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 897
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:14 am
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:The previous 2 games Seattle was unable to pressure the QB . Well that changed tonight and pressure on Rogers was the difference in the game along with Wilson. If they can do that the rest of the year there's a realistic chance for a Wildcard.


    I bet that a lot of the cheesehead nation today is looking at Rodgers and McCarthy the same way we've looked at RW, Pete and Schotty over the past two weeks where they perceive dysfunction in many areas to allow 5 sacks like that.

    I mention this just to put the idea out there that we shouldn't over credit our own team when it comes to some things that happened in the game and to think about how one individually assigns credit and blame when we take sacks. At times it felt like a mirror image out there.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3310
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:43 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:The previous 2 games Seattle was unable to pressure the QB . Well that changed tonight and pressure on Rogers was the difference in the game along with Wilson. If they can do that the rest of the year there's a realistic chance for a Wildcard.


    I bet that a lot of the cheesehead nation today is looking at Rodgers and McCarthy the same way we've looked at RW, Pete and Schotty over the past two weeks where they perceive dysfunction in many areas to allow 5 sacks like that.

    I mention this just to put the idea out there that we shouldn't over credit our own team when it comes to some things that happened in the game and to think about how one individually assigns credit and blame when we take sacks. At times it felt like a mirror image out there.


    They are. They were in chat last night. The fact that they saw a ray of sunshine in CM 3 on what was not his sack fumble (it was Martinez) was a shocker to them. Then he did get a sack. OMG.....LOL

    It seemed that MM was doing the same things that Voldemort was doing.

    Turning out to be interesting for a Retool year.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8305
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:39 pm
  • According to Rodgers we didn't do anything to stop them the second half, they beat themselves.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:01 pm
  • Not to be Douglas Downer but I thought most of the sacks were due to Rodgers not finding open receivers and holding on to the ball. I can only think of one time when they got quick pressure and that was on a blitz. Regardless good team effort.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2988
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:51 pm
  • Funny how Rodger's sacks were coverage sacks and Wilson's sacks were "holding the ball too long" sacks.

    Like there's a difference.... :roll:
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 645
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:38 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:That 2nd half defense, as it was last week, was really good. Great adjustments


    Absolutely! I'd like to see more adjustments after Q1

    That is harder to do, and nearly impossible if the O is throwing 3 and outs.


    I agree 100%, on the sidelines you can make minor adjustments but it's harder to communicate them. In the locker room at halftime is where Norton is shining this year imo.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 611
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:26 pm
    Location: Newberg, Oregon


Re: Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:42 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:According to Rodgers we didn't do anything to stop them the second half, they beat themselves.


    Rodgers always says that. The Packers never actually lose to an opposing team, it's always the Packers that beat the Packers. In that sense he can always imagine himself as undefeated.

    I remember in the Championship Game back in 2014 when Seattle had that miraculous win against Packers, if I remember, Rodgers claimed that the "better team lost today". He's a sack of shit and a poor sportsman.
    User avatar
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 692
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA




It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information