Pretty Much What We Expected, No?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anytime these two teams play each other, especially in Seattle, it's a fist fight. We couldn't have started off worse. Russell looked tight in the first half, just couldn't really get into a solid rhythm...They just came out and looked a bit stiff as if this was a must win game or something...Oh wait...

There were frustrating moments for sure. I wanted to slap Russell when he ran for that big first down only to have it negated (and out of FG range) because he decided to get cute and lateral it (illegally forward). Oh I was ticked. 3 points against Aaron Rodgers is BIG before the half.

The running game eventually did what it does and ended above our league-leading 152 yards-per-game average. It was great to see Dickson get that TD...Russell needs to trust the big man more. He's a solid TE with great hands and can be a deadly weapon. Defense really stepped up in the second half...Loved the pressure, sacking Rodgers 5 times.

You don't apologize for these wins. This WAS a MUST WIN game, make no mistake, and they did what they had to do.

Ultimately, warts and all due to a young team still finding their way, this was a great team win.

Go Hawks!

Still Alive!

toffee

Reaction score
A must win for both teams, and we won in the end, in a game Russ didn't play his best .... but good enough, Defense came up big, despite secondary didn't play their best. So happy to see your DL sacked Aaron 5 times, that basically won the game for us.

The pass three games showed that we could hang with the best teams, not bad for a rebuilding year.

If this team somehow sneak into the playoff, we could surprise lots of folks. Young and motivated.

LTH

Reaction score
What surprised me were the 5 sacks...That's exactly what they need to do. I loved the D in the second half!!

They finished today and angry Doug should have had 3 tds...All in all a good building block Game with no serious injuries... clutch performance...

LTH

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It was good to get a win vs GB. They kind of pushed us around the last 3 times we played them (including a 38-10 shellacking in Lambeau).

Including the playoffs, we have now won our last 4 at C Link vs the Pack.

Really happy to see Russ not have any picks/lost fumbles. He has been a turnover machine against them.

chris98251

Reaction score
But what about the Non Catch to Lockett, I am sure Buck is still trying to get that reviewed :)

minormillikin

Reaction score
Considering the rotten start with the fumble, the missed throws and short fields for the Packers, I thought it was a nice win.

A lot of things weren't clicking, but defense stepped up repeatedly and the offense made some great drives.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Didn't expect a Carson fumble from jump, but yeah, it's always an odd game with them. Defense buckled down in the second half and they were able to chip away at it collectively.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I shared many of your feelings. Plenty of cursing at Russ, Carson for giving up an easy 7, etc. That said in games like these I’d rather make mistakes early than late. Our youth definitely showed, especially for such a big game

As for sacking Rodgers 5 times, I don’t know if that says much about our pass rush. They played a solid game but Rodgers held the ball longer than arguably Wilson has at times. And took some silly sacks

JGreen79

Reaction score
This is the kind of win that can turn a season around. With all the talk of moral victories the last couple of weeks, this one really was. With everything that happened in that first quarter, the team fighting to get back in it and finally converting on a game winning drive.

I wouldnt say it's Rams in 2004 or Bears in 2012. But it's probably the most galvanizing win since Steelers in 2015.

niveky

Reaction score
chris98251":cp5hc25q said:
But what about the Non Catch to Lockett, I am sure Buck is still trying to get that reviewed :)

I was puzzled that he kept bringing that up. To me, he had control all the way through and it looked like it only bobbled around from hitting the ground, so obviously protected by the new rule.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
niveky":c842ecff said:
chris98251":c842ecff said:

I was puzzled that he kept bringing that up. To me, he had control all the way through and it looked like it only bobbled around from hitting the ground, so obviously protected by the new rule.

100% agree. Not sure why this is much of a debate. Given the nature of the new rule in regards to what constitutes a catch, that was a catch. I believe Mike's people told him as much from the booth, hence why it wasn't challenged.

olyfan63

Reaction score
JGreen79":36cx4b78 said:
This is the kind of win that can turn a season around.
I wouldnt say it's Rams in 2004 or Bears in 2012. But it's probably the most galvanizing win since Steelers in 2015.

Why not say it's as good as the Bears win in 2012? THAT was a galvanizing win. Led by Russell the rookie. THIS was a galvanizing win. Our defense led this one, with the power running game sealing the deal and creating time and space for Russell to complete key passes.

We have such a TOUGH schedule this year. Still have KC and Carolina to cope with. The young guys are "getting it". What a great win. In hindsight we might well look back at this as a galvanizing win in a playoff season. Let's see how things go against KC and Carolina.

AlciG

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1nrgxhyy said:
As for sacking Rodgers 5 times, I don’t know if that says much about our pass rush. They played a solid game but Rodgers held the ball longer than arguably Wilson has at times. And took some silly sacks

Well... probably he was just trying to protect his passer rating (according to someone here that's why Russ takes sacks)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Refs trying to gift one to Erin (no offensive holds on GB? Really???), "those posters" showing up in droves here on Dot Net when we got behind, an asshole cheesewhizhead muscle bound server at the bar/restaurant where I tried to watch the game until I left at halftime (no tip for the food and beer), and an eventual epic win as predicted by me. Yup, just exactly what I expected. Oh, and 100 threads about how RW isn't worth all the money we aren't even paying him. Yup, those too.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Watching Good Morning Football.

I know this is a yuk it up show, but one of these knuckleheads said something that offered a little perspective. Instead of looking at this from a micro, nitpicking kind of way, he just took a big picture look at the Hawks.

Instead of asking what the went wrong with the Packers, he focused on what went right with the Hawks. Instead of talking about the false starts, Carson’s fumble or RW being off, this team made clutch plays, ran the ball well, and just won the game.

In fact, this should tell you how good this team is....because we still won DESPITE all those mistakes.

And, let’s level set this with a reality check. I don’t care who the GM is, you don’t lose 6 pro bowl players on defense and not say it’s not a rebuild year. No one from the East coast expected this from Seattle this year because we were predicted to end up as a 3rd place team behind the Rams and “Jimmy GQ” led Niners team. The defense should be awful, yet this is a Top 10 defense, statistically. What running game? We’ve been lost for 2 years and we lead the league in rushing.

This is a rebuild year yet we are still in the playoff hunt. He joked the NY Jets have been saying rebuilding year for decades and some are complaining about a 5-5, still in the playoff hunt rebuilding year?

Haters will still hate, because, they don’t look at this from a glass half full or glass half empty perspective. No, they look at this as the glass is empty.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":2wyqjga2 said:

It might not have been a catch. If the tables had turned, I would have wanted to challenge it. I think there was a good argument for both sides.

McCarthy gave another good lesson on why you don't waste your timeouts early in the second half. Some things are really tough to see live and you need those challenges. Even if we got away with something, I'm not apologizing for it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rat":3pydlozf said:
chris98251":3pydlozf said:

It might not have been a catch. If the tables had turned, I would have wanted to challenge it. I think there was a good argument for both sides.

McCarthy gave another good lesson on why you don't waste your timeouts early in the second half. Some things are really tough to see live and you need those challenges. Even if we got away with something, I'm not apologizing for it.

The guys in Green Bay chat said the exact same thing about Time outs. Just another wasted timeout pretty much a couple of times and then the inability to challenge as you may actually need the TO at the end of the game. Interesting how things change but stay the same.

nanomoz

Reaction score
We certainly got all the calls. It was weird. Kudos to the offensive line. Shutting the game down with the run like that is so great to see.