Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle the number 1 rushing offense in the NFL.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • The coaching staff and GM did a masterful job rebuilding this running game.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

• If we run and nobody can stop it ... means we aren't as predictable as you believe.
    Did you see the end of the game last night?
    GB knew we running.
    I knew we running.
    My mom knew we running.
    And we ran.
    And we moved the chains. Cause we can.
    No need for gimmicks.
    We did it to the RAMS for almost 300 yards? In their house?
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• dopeboy206 wrote:They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

That’s exactly what Russell Wilson is. He is an Elite Game Manager. He doesn’t have the consistency to be an elite QB. If we’re running for 170+ yards with very few of those yards via Russell scrambling, I’m on board.
    Make Seahawks Great Again.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• ludakrishna wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

That’s exactly what Russell Wilson is. He is an Elite Game Manager. He doesn’t have the consistency to be an elite QB. If we’re running for 170+ yards with very few of those yards via Russell scrambling, I’m on board.

If by "consistency" you mean completion percentage, and I don't know how you could possibly mean anything else of substance, then you're argument is wrong. He may not put up the same % that Brees is this year, but Drew is playing at an otherworldly level. Russ is very consistent.
    NET Veteran

• Where is it said Seattle has the no 1 rushing offense?
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• I like this offense and the run game.

Our team is unique to the league and other teams will have to prepare for it.

They know we're going to run but they aren't able to stop it completely. Maybe because other defenses are used to the defending the passing game and are built around that.
    BleuEyedHawk
    NET Rookie

• TwilightError wrote:Where is it said Seattle has the no 1 rushing offense?

In terms of Yards/Game, you'll see Seattle at the top of the list on NFL.com Team Stats page for rushing.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team
    NET Veteran

• I actually like it. it is called "Having an identity". We dare anyone to stop us. They can't.
    I believe our biggest weakness right now is ... If we just had a reasonable defense.
    What I find stunning is ... The Excellent run game didn't cost us any "extra" money. We could have had this run game 3 years ago with our amazing defense ... just imagine that.
    Pete must be kicking himself for sticking with Cable for all these years.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• dopeboy206 wrote:They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

I’m the opposite. A good run game is a thing of beauty. It is Seahawks football dating back to the Knox era. I love this offense. Just clean up the false starts.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• This is a winning formula. It has been for years. Yes, a great passing attack is also a winning formula but IMO it still doesn't compare to having an ELITE running attack. Wearing down defenses is key to 2nd half success.

I'd like to see RW run the ball more though. It's open way too many times for him to not run.
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• Well, we tried the pass first approach in the first two games....
    We won a SB with a run first approach...
    No one complained with BeastMode running the ball more then Russ throwing the ball...

Am I missing something?
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

• This year it looks like there's going to be no gain, and Carson falls forward for 6.. and you're like, "was that really 6? It looked like it was going to be 2-3"..

Last year was the opposite. THere'd be what looks like a hole and he'd fall forward for 3 and you'd think "That was a good gain".

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Gawd. How many times do we have to see how badly Madden and fantasy football have ruined people's ability to just enjoy football?
    :roll: :roll: :roll:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

Gawd. How many times do we have to see how badly Madden and fantasy football have ruined people's ability to just enjoy football?

Do you know how special it is to run it 90% on 1st downs, and other teams know that and they still average 5 YPC? Have you seen the "bite" of the LBs every time russ pulls it back for P/A? Yeah that's how you dominate games down the stretch and in the playoffs. This team is build for the playoffs/cold weather.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:Russ is very consistent.

I'm not sure how you can make this argument given how wildly Russ's play varies from quarter to quarter, and always has. His misfires yesterday and in the last two games make it hard to place him at the elite level for me, at least this season.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:

If by "consistency" you mean completion percentage, and I don't know how you could possibly mean anything else of substance, then you're argument is wrong. He may not put up the same % that Brees is this year, but Drew is playing at an otherworldly level. Russ is very consistent.

The run game has covered his inconsistency. He has been terrible to begin games and then picks it up in crunch time when the opposing teams are playing prevent.
    Make Seahawks Great Again.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• I'll not call RW elite until he throws for 300 plus yards, he personally runs for 50 yds. and the other backs gain 200 yds. a game. :D
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

• The spectacle of them asserting their will to run against 8 man fronts is awesome.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• TwilightError wrote:Where is it said Seattle has the no 1 rushing offense?

There's this thing called The Googles... you can find many useful things on it. For instance:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

A look at this shows that the SEAHAWKS are #1 in both Total Rushing Yards, and Yards Per Game. Go figure.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• truehawksfan wrote:Well, we tried the pass first approach in the first two games....
    No one complained with BeastMode running the ball more then Russ throwing the ball...

Am I missing something?

Yes.

You’re missing the fact, in a population as large as we have here, people are always going to be bitching and complaining about something.

It’s simply the screen names that change.

1 group like pass
    1 likes run
    Another likes a 50/50 split
    Then a group wants 60/40, and the other wants 40/60

Always gunna be Haters, and its usually the Haters that have the louder voice, because after all, misery loves company.

Guess some are under the impression that being upset earns sympathy, or something along those lines.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:
    truehawksfan wrote:Well, we tried the pass first approach in the first two games....

Am I missing something?

Yes.

You’re missing the fact, in a population as large as we have here, people are always going to be bitching and complaining about something.

It’s simply the screen names that change.

1 group like pass
    1 likes run
    Another likes a 50/50 split
    Then a group wants 60/40, and the other wants 40/60

Always gunna be Haters, and its usually the Haters that have the louder voice, because after all, misery loves company.

Guess some are under the impression that being upset earns sympathy, or something along those lines.

My friend....you forgot about the real part of the game....Fantasy is more important than the win. :twisted:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Predictable...Yup....and no one can stop it. This is the best running game I have seen for any team on a CONSISTENT basis in a long time. That last 4 min last night was a statement. If we did this the first 2 games I strongly believe we would be 7-3 right now.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

• All these clowns saying Wilson is a game manager. Did you guys not watch last year or something? He was literally the entire offense lmao.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• If you have a great running game it’s the ultimate “grind your enemy to the bone” result. Over the course of time it takes an incredible toll on you physically and mentally as a defense. Remember the days of helplessly watching as Terrell Davis ran for first down after first down and closing out the game? That’s how Packers fans felt last night. I know, because I watched the game with Packer fans and their anguish was glorious!
    Bandwagon76
    NET Bench Warmer

You're missing the point. They're running on first down because EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY'RE GONNA DO IT and they DO IT ANYWAY and GOD DAMN SCORE/GET FIRST DOWNS. I LOVE this shove-it-up-your ass mentality. If you can get 4 yards on the ground when everyone in the galaxy knows you're running, and you still get yards, you can take that thing all the way to the Big Bowl. And also, we wouldn't be able to run like this without #3's qb ability, both passing and running -- the run offense is built around that. This is Beast Mode ch. 2. I guess I'm old school. I first got into football in the eighties, when there were more offenses like ours.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• By all means run the ball

The only time I was frustrated about running the ball was when we obviously could NOT run the ball because we had a horrific O-line and they insisted on trying it every game for 3 quarters and then would finally cut Russell loose to try and pull out a a miracle at the end.

I will take 2nd at 4 or 2nd and 6 all day long.
    irfuben32
    NET Rookie

• Wilson is at his best when the run game is clicking.

So, so much good comes from a dominating run game:
    - It sets up play action, where the other team's D has to actually respect the fake handoff (also why we should RARELY be in empty sets IMO).
    - It helps the O line when they do pass protect (and although there's improvement, we still need all the pass pro help we can get).
    - It keeps our D fresh and off the field, and conversely keeps someone line Aaron Rogers on the sidelines.
    - It eats the clock and leads to sustained drives, not just 4 play scoring drives from an explosive play or two (hello GBay)
    - Positive yardage in early downs (even just 3 yd runs) keeps us out of obvious passing situations, and also plays to 3rd and short situations, where everything in the playbook is open.
    - It sets up Wilson's keeper runs
    - It also sets up my favorite Wilson pass play - when he fakes the handoff, takes a deep drop, hits that back foot, and launches the ball downfield. Especially live at the games, when the ball is in the air on one of those passes, it's a really exciting moment.

A committed run offense is my favorite style of play. It's great that they don't go away from it. In previous years, it was frustrating to see the team get so pass-happy, even when there was a bit of success in the run game.
    timmat
    NET Rookie

• The most important part of this offense for this game is they did not give up on the pass.

I think they learned something from that half with 30yds passing.

That is all you can ask. Play the cards you are dealt but don't just hold back your best ones for a day that never comes.

I was very happy to watch them not give up on Wilson, to allow him to find his groove and start making good throws.

It took a half but it was necessary. Without Wilson making good throws in the 4th - we don't win that game.

I have been very bothered by the lack of passing lately but this was a game where they did it right. Looking forward to more games where both sides of the offense are used.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:

That's because make believe is always better that the real deal, ALWAYS :dummy: :lol:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:The most important part of this offense for this game is they did not give up on the pass.

I think they learned something from that half with 30yds passing.

That is all you can ask. Play the cards you are dealt but don't just hold back your best ones for a day that never comes.

I was very happy to watch them not give up on Wilson, to allow him to find his groove and start making good throws.

It took a half but it was necessary. Without Wilson making good throws in the 4th - we don't win that game.

I have been very bothered by the lack of passing lately but this was a game where they did it right. Looking forward to more games where both sides of the offense are used.

You mean "A Balanced Attack" ? Nah, that'll never work. :P
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:

I doubt Madden ruined that in this case. My bet is it was the superBowl.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Everybody knew what they were going to do when the game was on the line but still couldnt stop it.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

I doubt Madden ruined that in this case. My bet is it was the superBowl.

Ha Ha Ha!
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:

People have running backs in fantasy football
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Did you like it when we got the ball back with over 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we were able to run out the clock for the win by running the ball even though everyone on planet earth knew that's exactly what we were going to do and the Packers couldn't stop it?

Edit to add: BTW, did you see the looks on the faces of the Packers defense when we were running out the clock for the win? Totally demoralized.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Actually, I completely agree. The reason I don’t play fantasy football is because the one year I did, I didn’t enjoy the sport for the game it is. I was watching it for stats, and rooting against teams I liked. It felt dirty.

2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Mike Holmgren used to say that you know your dominant when the other team, the fans and the world knows your going to do something and no matter how hard someone tries they can't stop it. Jones and Hutch in our running game. We ate up teams on that side. We are beginning to have that same effect, but across the whole line on both sides.

Baldwin getting healthy and doing his best Bobby Ingrum role and our TE's involved with a lot of Moore and Lockett deep is on it's way as well.

Teams are going to hate us this second half because a Running team is physical, they know they are going to leave the field with a bunch of bruises.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Even if this team doesn't make the playoffs, it's fun watching them beat the crap out of the other team on offense.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• I read that thread on twitter and some joker said it means Seattle has no lead back. Carson is in the top 10 with 580 yards. With Seattle's extremely physical style of running it means they are taking care of their backs by sharing the work load. Any of these three guys is capable of being a feature back and gaining 1000 yards.

Alex Collins has carried the ball 30 more times than Davis but only has 20 more yards averaging 3.7 to Mike's 4.5 ypc. I'll take Davis any day.

Saquan Barkley averages a little less than Carson per carry and has just 6 more yards than him with three more carries. If the Hawks had actually run the ball the first two games of the season Carson would clearly be in the top 5 and the Hawks would likely be in better playoff position.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Actually, I completely agree. The reason I don’t play fantasy football is because the one year I did, I didn’t enjoy the sport for the game it is. I was watching it for stats, and rooting against teams I liked. It felt dirty.

This is actually my first year playing FF, and it's quite the opposite for me. I used to exclusively watch only Seahawks games but I'm learning about other teams easier and getting more into football/players, and finding out how much I actually love it. I'm always going to have a soft spot in my heart for the Seahawks as a team, but I'm liking specific players from other teams and their athletic ability enough to watch other teams play as well.
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

• During Pete’s tenure, the Hawks have never been setup for a passing game. They’ve been able to pull it off at times, but the personnel was for other parts (running & D). The increased passing attempts didn’t mean they were a passing team. Rather they couldn’t run any longer and they began reaching for anything via the passing game. A bad spot to find yourself. Built for off-roading, but in a drag race.

Wilson has never really been put in the position of leading a passing offense and may never. That’s ok and I’m guessing he doesn’t care either, if they’re still winning. So it’s a stretch to say he can only be a game manager etc. If he’s a game manager, it’s because he buys in and does what’s asked. I’m sure he would be quite adept in the Rams, Chiefs, Saints offenses.

It’s a beautiful thing to see their run game. Now I’m just waiting for the passing game to mature. Not go volume per se, but be cleaner. Those seemingly effortless 5-15yrd plays that wilt a D. It’ll happen....and sooner than later since the run game success provides higher baseline for the whole O.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

• Can you imagine how impossible it would have been to beat this team with this year's run offense and previous year's dominant defense?

Here's the good news- we're a dominant defense away from winning a SB, and I would have put money that finding a dominant running game would have been the harder aspect.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• People need to think outside the box. Last week, Fitzpatrick threw for around 400 yards and the Buccaneers put up minimal points. Because great football is about efficiency

Russ is an efficient QB, and yes he is consistent. Even if Aaron Rodgers was in this offense, it would be amazing because defenses still have to account for the pass. Same with Russ, and unlike Rodgers Russ is more dangerous with his legs which helps the run game.

It’s like Steph Curry in basketball, or Lebron. They may not jack up a million shots, but they’re efficient and their mere presence changes the entire offense, same for Russ.

And yes, Russ is consistent. No QB is absolutely consistent for all 4 quarters. If they were they’d throw 4-5 TDs with an 80% completion rate every game
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• This running game has changed the entire team. We don't need Russ throwing the ball 35+ times in a game. Better to have 20-25 passes a game to go with 175+ rushing yards imo. It opens up the pass so much, let alone him rolling out and deciding to run if needed.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:This running game has changed the entire team. We don't need Russ throwing the ball 35+ times in a game. Better to have 20-25 passes a game to go with 175+ rushing yards imo. It opens up the pass so much, let alone him rolling out and deciding to run if needed.

Yup, just ask Matt Stanford. That describes his career almost exactly.

2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information