Love it

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Am I the only person that loves this offense? We have a 4 headed rushing beast for a backfield (yes Russ is the 4th.) A clutch QB that isn't scared to work at the end of a game and NEVER gives up. An underrated receiving corps. An offensive line that's getting a huge push.

Thank you Schotty for bringing this rugby fan a smash-mouth, cram the ball down your throat, physical team. Now for a week and a half preparation to make Crybaby Cam sit on the sidelines while we pound the rock in Carolina.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Id like to see more play action for deeper passes, like Lockett's catch in the 4th quarter.

But thats nit picking. I am shocked when we dont get first downs now

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was just watching the winning touchdown pass . . . why not more passes like that? Blitz-beater with a great read by Russ and quick pass into the open window.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":3qzbao9p said:
I was just watching the winning touchdown pass . . . why not more passes like that? Blitz-beater with a great read by Russ and quick pass into the open window.

That was a beautiful pass for sure. When we can rush 5+yds against almost everyone, he doesn't have to throw like that as often as last year.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":3niizbmc said:
Experience might be a factor. Russ mentioned it at the presser and noted that Dickson, being a veteran player, recognized what was going on and made the break downfield. Russ hit him in stride and Dickson broke a tackle or two for the TD.

BTW, that wasn't that easy of a catch, either.

:2thumbs:

justafan

Reaction score
No doubt about it. I love this brand of football.I love a run heavy offense that has the confidence to run on 3rd or 4th down and can fimish games the way they did. Wilson is going to look bad at times but when its done he actually has a good game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2dvi976t said:
Am I the only person that loves this offense? We have a 4 headed rushing beast for a backfield (yes Russ is the 4th.) A clutch QB that isn't scared to work at the end of a game and NEVER gives up. An underrated receiving corps. An offensive line that's getting a huge push.

Thank you Schotty for bringing this rugby fan a smash-mouth, cram the ball down your throat, physical team. Now for a week and a half preparation to make Crybaby Cam sit on the sidelines while we pound the rock in Carolina.

Definitely not the only one. This is exactly the type of offense that a team rebuilding it's defense needs. I cannot put into words my disappointment the first two weeks when we abandoned the run so early in those games. The more we run the ball, the less the other team has the ball and better rested our defense is. It's a winning combination. The fact that we haven't lost a game by more than a single possession says a lot.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":defpjkbh said:
Id like to see more play action for deeper passes, like Lockett's catch in the 4th quarter.

Saw quite a bit more last night, so I betcha John, Schotty and Russ agree that we got a little too fixated on the run game the past two games, and needed to see more balance with the pass, play action and some of the screen/sweeps and trick plays we saw in the first half.

IMO other than Russ having the yips in the first quarter with the over and underthrows, a very well called and executed game.

Seymour

Reaction score
It is vastly improved but love?....no. We are giving too much advantage to the opponent by being overly predictable and easy to defend with the run run pass routine. Going against teams like the Rams, Saints, Chiefs we are at a -7 hole before the game even starts if we continue that level of predictability.

LTH

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":31tsgnpm said:

Nope... I love it!! your not the only one!! I cant remember a more exciting season.. all the games are close and keep ya on the edge of your seat... Very cool!

LTH

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":2f5wqdni said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2f5wqdni said:

Definitely not the only one. This is exactly the type of offense that a team rebuilding it's defense needs. I cannot put into words my disappointment the first two weeks when we abandoned the run so early in those games. The more we run the ball, the less the other team has the ball and better rested our defense is. It's a winning combination. The fact that we haven't lost a game by more than a single possession says a lot.

I agree with this, but do wonder if we would have been able to run as well without Fluker and Sweezy. It was nice to see last week that Jordan Simmons filled in very well for the injured DJ. Made me feel like it wasn't such a tenuous weapon. But man, you have to wonder what things might have looked like in those first tow games if...

justafan

Reaction score
Usually when I go back through the box scores looking at play by play for games I find the run run pass sequence really doesnt come up as much as it feels like when I am watching. And the success rate isnt that bad when they do run that sequence.

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":ft85crtw said:
kidhawk":ft85crtw said:
Sox-n-Hawks":ft85crtw said:

I agree with this, but do wonder if we would have been able to run as well without Fluker and Sweezy. It was nice to see last week that Jordan Simmons filled in very well for the injured DJ. Made me feel like it wasn't such a tenuous weapon. But man, you have to wonder what things might have looked like in those first tow games if...

In the Denver game, Carson had 7 attempts for 51 yards. Even if you take away the 24 yard long carry, he still has 6 for 27 or 4.5 yards per carry and with that long run, he averaged over 7 yards per carry. In the Bears game, they gave Penny the bulk (10) of the carries and he only averaged 3 yards, but Carson still delivered 4 ypc on his 6 attempts.

I don't think the run game would have been up to what we've seen recently, but I think it would have given us a better chance to win those games. Of course we shall never truly know, so all I can go by is how I felt watching them.

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to do a better job of preventing 3 and outs.

To fix this they need to. --> Utilize more playaction on 1st down, with more pass plays in general to the runningbacks out of the backfield as a supplement & compliment to the running game.

Big picture though I really like the offense because they have so much more variety in their run game. It is very hard to defend, when teams also have to account for the QB. They are using brains & brawn. Before in the past it was just brawn. They are far more nuanced now. As an example they now run a trap off of their zone read, in the Cable years they ran the most vanilla basic high school version, and that is it. The Solari version has about 4 variations, maybe more.

Schotty has really cleaned up the red zone passing game. Bevell would get bubble screen crazy like he was literally afraid of the end zone. Schotty understands when you get down there you have to take shots if you want to score TDs. He is such a huge upgrade over Bevell it isn't even funny.

Thank you Schotty & Solari.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's almost like a coach & a coordinator can make as much difference as the 11 guys on the field. Who'da thunk it?

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Still ignoring the middle of the field in my opinion and not enough check downs or traditional screens. However, the difference between this year and last year is unreal minus the first two game of the season.

evergreen

Reaction score
When Russ heats up and hits those open receivers we will really start to roll. He didn’t seem to miss those so much. He was smokin hot at the end though and that’s when it mattered. What a great way to win. Running out the clock and doing the victory play.

wyliecat

Reaction score
Yes, I love it as well. We're not perfect (what team is?) but I'm enjoying this club more than I have in a while - lots of potential here and it's always fun to be in the playoff hunt.