Balanced Offense

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
On the surface it looks like Seattle is run happy. In actuality, this was a balanced offensive performance.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/1063305063123144705[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Nice catch. They run so often early it is easy to overlook the fact that as the game progresses they actually mix it up a bit.

I do still want to see them throw on 1st down a few more times, but that's just me and I can't really complain about the results. :mrgreen:

hawks85

Reaction score
sutz":wjcqpzrt said:
Nice catch. They run so often early it is easy to overlook the fact that as the game progresses they actually mix it up a bit.

I do still want to see them throw on 1st down a few more times, but that's just me and I can't really complain about the results. :mrgreen:
First off Semper-Fi. Second if we make the post season things will be mixed up. Right now we are doing whatever we can to make the playoffs. If that means running the ball 80 percent of the time them I'm all for it. The NFL us fans and Seattle knows that if we make the post season then there is a strong possibility we make the dance. And I am calling it right now. If we make the playoffs WE WILL BEAT the rams this time around. I'll bet my paycheck on it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've been saying more balance all week, and it was great to see last night.

Much better mix of inventive playcalling, play action and traditional run/pass plays. I was even OK with the plays that didn't work, because even those help open up the run game to be more successful.

Also gets Russell in rhythm and tempo quicker then the past couple of games of needing him to be sharper in the 4th quarter, only having attempted a handful of pass plays all game.

Fade

Reaction score
hawks85":qpo1okwx said:
sutz":qpo1okwx said:

First off Semper-Fi. Second if we make the post season things will be mixed up. Right now we are doing whatever we can to make the playoffs. If that means running the ball 80 percent of the time them I'm all for it. The NFL us fans and Seattle knows that if we make the post season then there is a strong possibility we make the dance. And I am calling it right now. If we make the playoffs WE WILL BEAT the rams this time around. I'll bet my paycheck on it.

It's hard to beat a team three times in a season, so I would agree.

Rams get the #1 seed. Seahawks get the #6 seed.

Seahawks pull off the upset by heading to WAS -or- CHI in the Wild Card Round.

Then head down to L.A. and beat the Rams.

Unfortunately lose in the NFC Championship Game to the New Orleans Saints.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’d be happy with that outcome, considering this a retooling season.

Both the Bears and the Abrams can be had, NO is pretty special the season,

If the present rate of progress continue to maker the above happen it would a fun game to watch though.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
My dream would be to win out, March through the NFC the hard way (from that wild card spot) and re-match Puttsburgh for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":28ws8msl said:
My dream would be to win out, March through the NFC the hard way (from that wild card spot) and re-match Puttsburgh for the win!

I was with you until the Puttsburgh part.

I hope they never sniff the big game again. Ever.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3qg0t4ei said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3qg0t4ei said:

I was with you until the Puttsburgh part.

I hope they never sniff the big game again. Ever.

That’s the best place to lay down a revenge game! It would be sweet to see Frank Clark crush Rapistburger!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's just something cool about telling a team you're going to run the rock and they can't do a damn thing about it.

Msfann

Reaction score
Would Seattle have passed so much if not down 14-3 though? I kinda think they passed more because they were forced into it. Though I really did like what they were doing.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hats off to Shotty. He’s been doing great things with this offense. That balance is making our play action pass game dangerous.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Msfann":r24ac6il said:
Would Seattle have passed so much if not down 14-3 though? I kinda think they passed more because they were forced into it. Though I really did like what they were doing.

When you look at the numbers. Seattle has a run first, balanced approach. A lot of the plays are a read option that could end up as either, or play action, and it’s giving defenses fits right now. I think a big part of that is Russell’s consistent calm demeanor. He doesn’t give hints to the defense.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Fade":1i25ixhz said:
hawks85":1i25ixhz said:
sutz":1i25ixhz said:

It's hard to beat a team three times in a season, so I would agree.

Rams get the #1 seed. Seahawks get the #6 seed.

Seahawks pull off the upset by heading to WAS -or- CHI in the Wild Card Round.

Then head down to L.A. and beat the Rams.

Unfortunately lose in the NFC Championship Game to the New Orleans Saints.

Great storylines in there. Division rivals (Rams & Hawks) compete for third time to see if Rams have clearly wrestled the division from Hawks.

Wilson competes against idol/mentor Brees.

(to make it complete, would be to have the Saints play the Chargers and it'd be Brees v Rivers for the face-off (Rivers having replaced Brees in San Dieg)

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams do not want to see us a third time this season, very hard to beat a team three times in one year especially given how close our games have been and how we are rising every week.

They want no part of our run game also.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Msfann":2qv6csds said:

Down 14-3, Seattle went on a 13 play drive that ended in a td.

Ran 7 times for 42 yards
Passed 6 times (5-6) for 39 yards and a td

knownone

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3hmn6gyg said:
Msfann":3hmn6gyg said:

Ran 7 times for 42 yards
Don't let facts ruin a great narrative.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3truw2gt said:
Msfann":3truw2gt said:

Ran 7 times for 42 yards

Shhhhhh facts don't matter.

Latest posts