Chris Carson

TreeRon

Reaction score
A tough Mo Fo.
I love the fact that when we play, we beat up the other guys. They know they've been in a football game when they're done with the Hawks, win or lose.
Eventually when they see the schedule and they see Seattle, they'll go "ugh".

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Definitely redeemed himself after the first play. Love the guy. Carson + Penny is gonna be fun for years to come

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Loved it, but what was Vannett doing there? You gotta get behind the ball carrier and push him for an extra few yards instead of just standing there.. LOL

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1z3cxc8w said:
Definitely redeemed himself after the first play. Love the guy. Carson + Penny is gonna be fun for years to come

For sure. Reminiscent of the Stewart-Williams duo the Panthers used to run with. Hopefully two guys with 1000+ yards next year.

hawks85

Reaction score
TreeRon":3obnp9hp said:
A tough Mo Fo.
I love the fact that when we play, we beat up the other guys. They know they've been in a football game when they're done with the Hawks, win or lose.
Eventually when they see the schedule and they see Seattle, they'll go "ugh".
The fear of playing us is starting to return.

timmat

Reaction score
Carson is legit. I was at the game last night and didn't hear the broadcast or anything - was there a reason he was not in during those last two critical drives of the game? All worked out, but I was surprised he wasn't in.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
timmat":326kyhhk said:
Carson is legit. I was at the game last night and didn't hear the broadcast or anything - was there a reason he was not in during those last two critical drives of the game? All worked out, but I was surprised he wasn't in.

Just spreading the load I believe. Davis is a great battering ram himself and spearheaded right through for those key 1st downs to win it. No health concerns were cited for Carson or Penny at that point.

Fade

Reaction score
timmat":18ottjkd said:

Carson is playing with a groin & hip issue. So they were managing him to keep him healthy. Davis was the right choice, he is very good at avoiding negative runs, and getting the tough yardage in those situations.

OP
OP
E

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
During Chris Carson’s presser be mentioned that this team has 3 great backs and that Mike Davis slammed the door shut in the 4th . Honestly it’s not a bad formula . We all agree that Davis is the less talented of the 3 but we can also agree that he’s a baller and can very well help us close games . It kind of keeps the defense on their toes too . Are they gonna run with the 3rd string RB in ?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I love having a three-headed monster in the run game. Each brings a little something different and defenses will constantly have to take the beating from defending the run.

daveman918

Reaction score
I was at the game and went nuts regarding the effort on that play. That kind of effort has a positive effect on the rest of the team IMHO. I really enjoy watching him play!

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Our team may have a 5-5 record and be rated somewhere in the late teens / early twenties (depending on the critique) but they are definitely not middle of the road identity wise.

The defining personality of the physical, scrappy Seahawks has returned.

Ir's great to see new players taking ownership and setting other teams on their heels.

I especially like Fluker. Seems like a nice guy, but an intimidating presence on the field.

They are fun to watch.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3ekhq3v4 said:

I feel the same way, let's keep the injury gods at bay

chris98251

Reaction score
The defining personality of the physical, scrappy Seahawks has returned.

But it's on offense and the line, our line has some swag now and are feisty, Carson and Davis bring a attitude at RB and we know about Angry Doug. Penny is a different runner but I have noticed a change recently, he is finishing runs with giving a blow a lot more rather then taking a blow. Oh and we also have ummm ummm oh yeah that special kind of player that can tilt the field, Prosise.

I wonder when McKissic is healthy if he is back on IR.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
McKissic only got on the field last year because of the situation at RB. Carson was on IR, Prosise was on IR, and Davis was injured seemingly every other game....and the other guys just flat out sucked.

McKissic basically has no use to us as a RB now. He's terrible as an inside runner and is only useful as an outside runner if he gets a clean lane. He's a very, very bad pass blocker and being the WR convert that he is, his best and really only asset to us at RB is as a pass catcher.

Honestly, are you going to take Carson, Davis, or Penny off the field for a WR convert that is only good at catching the ball? He has no use case anymore except as a KR and MAYBE a gunner...unless he comes back as yet another small WR.

Even if you're talking Prosise, HE'S actually the healthy one now and we're talking about a "runner" in McKissic who's recovering from a broken bone in a running ass foot and was never good as an actual RB in the first place. McKissic played because of just how bad the situation was last year.

The situation's changed entirely.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3uefae8i said:
McKissic only got on the field last year because of the situation at RB. Carson was on IR, Prosise was on IR, and Davis was injured seemingly every other game....and the other guys just flat out sucked.

McKissic basically has no use to us as a RB now. He's terrible as an inside runner and is only useful as an outside runner if he gets a clean lane. He's a very, very bad pass blocker and being the WR convert that he is, his best and really only asset to us at RB is as a pass catcher.

Honestly, are you going to take Carson, Davis, or Penny off the field for a WR convert that is only good at catching the ball? He has no use case anymore except as a KR and MAYBE a gunner...unless he comes back as yet another small WR.

Even if you're talking Prosise, HE'S actually the healthy one now and we're talking about a "runner" in McKissic who's recovering from a broken bone in a running ass foot and was never good as an actual RB in the first place. McKissic played because of just how bad the situation was last year.

Prosise has not seen the field really, McKissic also is a return guy, I know you hate getting interrupted while your in the middle of pissing on everything. Penny being a RB can return kicks, but McKissic can excel at that and keep Penny fresh as well as serve as a different look completely as a quick twitch guy. Prosise I don't think plays special teams either or has not been able to. You have Lockett as a punt return guy already, McKissic as a Kick off guy would limit Lockett's exposer to more hits, he has become much more valuable as a WR now.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":2ycw83wk said:
vin.couve12":2ycw83wk said:

Prosise has not seen the field really, McKissic also is a return guy, I know you hate getting interrupted while your in the middle of pissing on everything. Penny being a RB can return kicks, but McKissic can excel at that and keep Penny fresh as well as serve as a different look completely as a quick twitch guy. Prosise I don't think plays special teams either or has not been able to. You have Lockett as a punt return guy already, McKissic as a Kick off guy would limit Lockett's exposer to more hits, he has become much more valuable as a WR now.
I'm not pissing on everything. I'm pissing on McKissic's ability as a pure RB. Guys were on IR and McKissic was pretty much the smartest kid in summer school when Davis wasn't available.