AFootballLife: Mike Holmgren airs tonight

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty sure that airs tonight! I set my DVR last night for it and it was on this evening.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":5svkm6wj said:
Pretty sure that airs tonight! I set my DVR last night for it and it was on this evening.

This is correct according to the NFL Network site. It's scheduled to air tonight at 5 pm Pacific

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I changed the header to reflect that. It's followed by one with Brett Farve at 6.

LTH

Reaction score
The Mike Holmgren era was a very interesting part of Seahawk History... For some reason the parts that I remember the most were his conflict with trader Bob and losing Hutch to the transition tag...I thought for sure Holmgren was going to have a heart attack... The other parts that I remember the most was the holding call in the SB against Lock and then Holmgren not going to the middle of the field to meet cower after the game...

LTH

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I just watched A Football Life, Mike Holmgren on the NFL network and man, we were sure lucky to get him.

Of course they covered SB XL and showed the Daryl Jackson OPI BS call, (made my blood boil over again), and then cut to a clip with MH speaking.

He said something I have never heard before from him or anyone else, "I asked the Ref if this game may be to big for you" and the rest of the game went the way we all remember.

Has anyone ever heard this before???

It's a good 60 minute special and I will say again we as Seahawks fans were very lucky to have him then and he has become part of our community full time now as his wife, Kathy, and Mike have made Seattle their full time home.

GO HAWKS!!!

mort

Reaction score
Yeah first I ever heard that too.
Oof

Great show though, seeing his HS clips was really pretty cool, didn’t realize he was such a prospect back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
12HawkFan":3d8hnai7 said:
I just watched A Football Life, Mike Holmgren on the NFL network and man, we were sure lucky to get him.

Of course they covered SB XL and showed the Daryl Jackson OPI BS call, (made my blood boil over again), and then cut to a clip with MH speaking.

He said something I have never heard before from him or anyone else, "I asked the Ref if this game may be to big for you" and the rest of the game went the way we all remember.

It's a good 60 minute special and I will say again we as Seahawks fans were very lucky to have him then and he has become part of our community full time now as his wife, Kathy, and Mike have made Seattle their full time home.

GO HAWKS!!!

He was hot for a while after and publicly went after the officials during the welcome home celebration after the game as well, being on the Competition committee and doing that was very in Holmgren like, but it did get their attention and the leagues and he was not fined for it.

The slow apology process happened after stating yeah we messed up. That was after more then a few off the record statements from the officials and the whole world thinking the fix was in for Bettis and the Steelers that game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/0ap3000000988842/A-Football-Life-Holmgren-Hasselbeck-overcome-fiery-fights-to-bring-Seahawks-to-Super-Bowl[/urltargetblank]

The link goes to an NFL.com video titled "A Football Life: Holmgren, Hasselbeck Overcome 'fiery' fights to bring Seahawks to Super Bowl"

It's about 7-1/2 minutes long and has some good stuff. I assume it's basically a portion of the full Holmgren Football Life show.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":2z5mdmsa said:
12HawkFan":2z5mdmsa said:

GO HAWKS!!!

He was hot for a while after and publicly went after the officials during the welcome home celebration after the game as well, being on the Competition committee and doing that was very in Holmgren like, but it did get their attention and the leagues and he was not fined for it.

The slow apology process happened after stating yeah we messed up. That was after more then a few off the record statements from the officials and the whole world thinking the fix was in for Bettis and the Steelers that game.

They were overcompensating because Joey Porter ran his mouth after the conference championship game claiming the refs were fixed AGAINST the Steelers.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Yeah not the best idea for Holmgren to have said that to the official, but if the official let that affect the way he called the game, what does that say about him?? I couldn't tell he would have said that to the head ref or the back judge who made the offensive PI call.
Wow seeing that call again I shake my head at how brutal it was. I still remember when a Big Ben TD got overturned early in the Super Bowl against the Cardinals when Al Micheals joked "in Seattle they are wondering where was that 4 years ago?"

ivotuk

Reaction score
I will always love Chris Berman for his first NFL Season show of the year after XL, he said "This is for Seattle! Whooop!" and he threw a yellow flag at the camera.

IIRC, one of the refs was from Pittsburgh. And another told Matt Hasselbeck late in the game, "Relax, it's over"