• Yep!

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • Not this year.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Doesn't get any simpler for us really.. handle the NFC games, await your ticket for the postseason.

The Seahawks are 5-5 right now -- will they be in the playoffs? Call your shot.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not simple enough for me. :twisted:

Yes we have a decent shot.

No, I'm not putting $$ on it.

RCATES

Reaction score
After watching us lose so many games at home the past 2 years I don't trust winning at home as a guarantee anymore. We could easily drop one of the Niner/Cardinals games with how wildly inconsistent we have been. If we can go into Carolina and pull the upset I'll feel a whole lot better about getting in. If we lose and are forced to win out. Forget about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If 9-7 is good enough to make the playoffs this year, which it looks like it might be with teams having serious injuries and other games falling the right way for us? Yes, I think we're in.

But if it'll take us getting to 10-6? No, I don't think we're going to get there.

@ Panthers? Loss
Niners? Win
Vikings? Win
@Niners Win
Chiefs? Loss
Cards? Win

The only toss up is Chiefs in week 15, if they have HFA sewn up, then we could be given the gift we need to slip in and get that 10th win. So go Chiefs and go everyone else who are playing the Chargers, Patriots, Steelers and Texans.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
With the majority of the NFC stinking up the joint, its actually possible. Still will need to beat somebody good sooner or later though.

knownone

Reaction score
We will make the playoffs and I like our chances of going to the Superbowl. We can beat the Bears or whichever NFC East team wins the division. We've proven we can play the Rams to a near draw. The Saints are the only question mark, but Pete Carroll is undefeated against Sean Payton (with worse odds) in the playoffs, and this Saints team hasn't played a team like us yet.

rjas77

Reaction score
Make the Playoffs? Yup....we even have a fair shot at the SB only cuz the NFC is so weak and so unpredictable

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I voted 'Yep' but will be absolutely certain if the team beats both Carolina and Minnesota.

As it it now I believe notwithstanding the close loss to LAR they believe in themselves and have some momentum. A road W against a good Carolina team would cement that belief which will be absolutely confirmed with a W against Minnie.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rjas77":2xjshwsd said:
Make the Playoffs? Yup....we even have a fair shot at the SB only cuz the NFC is so weak and so unpredictable

Other than the Rams who we've lost to twice, the Saints who look unbeatable, the Bears who we've already lost to and the Panthers who we're underdogs to beat next weekend?

Yes if we make the playoffs I can see maybe winning one road game if it's against the weak ass NFC East winner.........but going on the road for two more games having to beat rested teams like the Bears, Rams or Saints? Fair shot? that's just pure unadulterated homerism.

We haven't even beat a team with a winning record, and you got us at a fair shot to make the SB?

LiquidHotEyra small

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt your talking to me, pessimism is not something I've ever been accused of :lol:

Playoffs, very possible. SuperbOwl, no way. And that's fine, with the pre-season outlook, a playoff appearance would be sweet. Someone telling me that I don't care about winning in 3.....2.....1.......

And for the record, if this team plays their top A game, they can beat anyone in the NFL.

rjas77

Reaction score
I get your pessimism, but one thing is certain, never has there been a SB winner that hasn't made the playoffs first.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rjas77":2l26k1t0 said:
I get your pessimism, but one thing is certain, never has there been a SB winner that hasn't made the playoffs first.

That we can agree with.

To me making the playoffs would far exceed my pre-season expectations and put this team on a 1-2 year track to get into the serious conversation of getting back to the SB.......as opposed to 3-5 years, which is what I thought in the summer.

So I'm ecstatic to even be having the "playoff" conversation in the middle of November.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I have a feeling they go in and steal one in Carolina -- which puts them in great position for the #5 seed. From there, go beat whatever garbage team wins the East and then good luck after that.

Chawker

Reaction score
I LOVE my Mighty Seahawks, but there is something missing. It has that Russell Wilson's rookie year feeling about them. The it factor isn't there, yet I can't tell you whats missing, may another speed rush guy. Maybe next year.
Cheers

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
My prediction for the ledger:

- Seahawks go 10-6 (sweep the remaining 5 NFC games, lose shootout vs. KC)
- #5 Seahawks beat #4 Cowboys in front of Al and Cris on S(aturday)NF.
- #5 Seahawks then unfortunately go to #1 New Orleans and get trucked.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I said no, mainly because I don't trust our defense to improve enough to get the job done. If we were holding team to 13-17 points? Then, yes, the way the offense is rolling now, I think we would.

But then again, if we'd played that way on D thus far, we wouldn't be having this thread, would we? Instead we'd be discussing our seeding as division winners.

rjas77

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":32hfzdon said:
I said no, mainly because I don't trust our defense to improve enough to get the job done. If we were holding team to 13-17 points? Then, yes, the way the offense is rolling now, I think we would.

But then again, if we'd played that way on D thus far, we wouldn't be having this thread, would we? Instead we'd be discussing our seeding as division winners.

OK...Which team in the NFC has consistently held their opponents to 17 points or less? With a few untimely holding calls or missed plays one can argure we're 7 and 3, perhaps 8-2

rjas77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dmv9i8x said:
rjas77":2dmv9i8x said:

That we can agree with.

To me making the playoffs would far exceed my pre-season expectations and put this team on a 1-2 year track to get into the serious conversation of getting back to the SB.......as opposed to 3-5 years, which is what I thought in the summer.

So I'm ecstatic to even be having the "playoff" conversation in the middle of November.

I told my inner circle, we're gunna stink it up the first 3 to 4 games, then become a team no one wants to play in December.

Vesuve

Reaction score
It's not a cop out, but on the polls I'm "depends."

We have some weaker teams coming up.

Can't say either way on a 'yes' or 'no.'

But it's not important to me this year. Next year, it will be.