KJ Wright. / Earl Thomas

poly1274

Reaction score
Looking at 2018 season, I don't see the need for these guys to be re-signed.

I thought KJ was a important piece to the D, but then the replacements Mingo/Calitro has been doing a solid job. (Mingo did look out of position against GB though).

Also looking at some vids, I don't see why ET is so important to this team. I still remember Josh Allen playing us in week 4 throwing to JJ Nelson and he was wide open. beating Griffen + ET.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
poly1274":ozxxwrt7 said:

I thought KJ was a important piece to the D, but then the replacements Mingo/Calitro has been doing a solid job. (Mingo did look out of position against GB though).

Also looking at some vids, I don't see why ET is so important to this team. I still remember Josh Allen playing us in week 4 throwing to JJ Nelson and he was wide open. beating Griffen + ET.
Because when ET is healthy he’s one of the best in the game at his position.
His health plus his shinanigans plus wanting big $$$ make it less likely he’ll be here next year .

JGreen79

Reaction score
poly1274":3nbqk3hb said:

I think you mean Josh Rosen, and JJ Nelson had 1 catch for 4 yards.

A healthy KJ is better than both Mingo and Calitro.

OP
OP
P

poly1274

Reaction score
JGreen79":pwhe1fh4 said:
poly1274":pwhe1fh4 said:

I think you mean Josh Rosen, and JJ Nelson had 1 catch for 4 yards.

A healthy KJ is better than both Mingo and Calitro.

Yeah my bad was Josh Rosen. But was talking about that 60 yard throw JJ Nelson dropped. and JJ beat ET and Griffen.

rcaido

Reaction score
Our defense has been pretty crappy this season. These two are important but i dont think we need to resign them either. KJ & Earl are big time but since Earl dont want to be here, no point in trying to franchise him. As for KJ, lets see how he is once he is healthy but LB are easy to replace. Kendricks looked pretty damn good as his replacement.

Seahawks hasn't cause a turnover in over month now. Unlike the first few weeks Earl was in the lineup we were in the top for turnovers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those completed passes in the flat we see, they would not happen with a healthy KJ Wright, he is that fast and good when he is sound, we need a guy with length and speed to replace him.

Thompson needs to react better and read the offense faster also, that second of having to react because of not recognizing the formation is the difference between a completion and the QB going somewhere else or a incomplete.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":1b9gcpy4 said:
Those completed passes in the flat we see, they would not happen with a healthy KJ Wright, he is that fast and good when he is sound, we need a guy with length and speed to replace him.

Thompson needs to react better and read the offense faster also, that second of having to react because of not recognizing the formation is the difference between a completion and the QB going somewhere else or a incomplete.

Even in the Hawk D hay day, people were open in the flat. It's how they play.

One thing KJ is not is fast.

chris98251

Reaction score
4.75 in the 40 for a Linebacker isn't fast?

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6033
Weight: 246
40 Yrd Dash: 4.75
20 Yrd Dash: 2.78
10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.46
3-Cone Drill: 7.26
4.59/4.68/4.78 40 range before Combine

Dates: 03/10/11
Height: 6033
Weight: 246
40 Yrd Dash: 4.71
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.66
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.35
3-Cone Drill: 7.21

Smellyman

Reaction score
Slower than Griffin 4.38
Slower than Bobby 4.46
Slower than Kendricks 4.47
Slower than Mingo 4.58
Slower than Calitro 4.67
Slower than Emmanuel Beal 4.58
jacob Martin even 4.59
Frank Clark 4.79

I love KJ he is a different kind of LB, long athlete, good against the run, good in zones or in some man matchups, but not fast or twitchy. I didn't think I was going out on a limb with that one.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KJ's worth isn't in his stats, it's his supernatural kinship with Wagner that makes him so special. Those two are like psychic twins. Neither of them need to even look at each other and still know what the other is thinking and doing on a play.

THAT my friends, is why KJ is irreplaceable at the moment. 20 bucks says BWags agrees with me.

getnasty

Reaction score
They won't be resign but let's not question how good those two are when healthy.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The problem with KJ right now is his knee. He has missed so much time this season and when he was on the field he was not the same.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
We are going to need every dollar that can be mustered up to resign some of out important pieces.
I think ET and KJ walk.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the amount of games KJ has missed the last few years, there may not be much of a market for him. They might be able to resign him for a pretty reasonable amount. If they want his services going forward.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Doesn’t earl still lead the team in INT’s? Was still killing it this year when playing, him and mcdougald were top 5 safety tandem. Would love him back but I’m sure he wants Big money and I just don’t think FO will offer.

KJ indifferent about, guy was a cornerstone with unique length and smarts. He’s been attacked big time in limited games....injury still lingering but he just didn’t look the same.

chris98251

Reaction score
kobebryant":3702600q said:
chris98251":3702600q said:
4.75 in the 40 for a Linebacker isn't fast?

It sure isn't if you compare it to fast linebackers.

Jesus this board at times, you can search all you want and find faster guys, but he plays faster and down hill in our offense and his length is great for defense in zone schemes, but to each his own, unless our players run a 4.18 40 they are slow I guess.

You all really need to watch the games some instead of just posting your rhetoric and want to disrupt threads.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The fact that KJ is hurt in his contract year probably favors the Seahawks (from a future contract perspective). It may tilt his mind toward a more team friendly deal. Maybe due to his age and injury concern, the market dwindles for him. See Navorro Bowman and Ahamd Brooks (both unsigned vets). If he wants to play next season, he may have to settle for a lower (prove it type of contract).

As for Thomas, he was playing at high level prior to his injury. He was arguably the top safety in the league. From a team standpoint, he had elevated the play of those around him. McDougald was terrific next to ET. There's a big difference from when he was in there to not having him. The pass defense is much worse. The turnovers have been scarce since he's been out.

chris98251

Reaction score
I do agree that KJ and Earl are probably on the outs, the injuries and salaries don't work for us now. We drafted replacements and are working them in, we if we sign Mingo and Kendricks along with Griffin and Calitro are poised to replace him, Thompson already is replacing Earl, that would leave only Bobby as our holdover from the Super Bowl on Defense and I think Wilson and Baldwin on offense.

Fade

Reaction score
43 outside backers are easy to find on the cheap.

KJ has been great, but he is 30, and is slowing down. His football IQ and go-go gadget arms allowed him to play the Will position where Ideally you want a guy who can run a 4.5-4.4 type of speed.

Kendricks is a better fit at this juncture on a short term contract. 2 yr deal hopefully.

It is time to move on from KJ unfortunately, unless they can find a way to re-sign him at a low bargain bin 1 yr. He doesn't have much of a future with the Seahawks regardless, maybe 1 more year at best.